PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1994 E500, Black/Black, 58kmi, $20k, located in WI

gsxr
05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
On AutoTrader, for sale by Mercedes-Benz of Elmbrook, Waukesha, WI.

VIN = WDBEA36E8RC148169

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... =299966101 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=299966101)

"Low Mileage! Compare!! Stop clicking the mouse because this charming 1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is the high-performance car you've been longing to get your hands on. ''Used'' is not the right word for this vehicle.'' Previously Loved'' is much more accurate, as somebody has taken EXTREMELY good care of it...almost to the point of being a little obsessed! It is nicely equipped with features such as 5.0L V8 SPI DOHC 32V Gasoline, Cylinder configuration: V-8, and Power moonroof. We Make Your Dreams Come True!"

:matrix:

DerFuror
05-17-2011, 03:45 PM
We Make Your Dreams Come True!"
This should really Make Your Dreams Come True...except it'll cost a helluva lot more than $20K!

...Better stick with the low mileage car.

gerryvz
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM
According to the magic, know-all GVZ E500E database .......

This car was listed many years ago on 500Ecstasy as belonging to a Tom Phinney. At the time, it was listed as having AMG 17" wheels; Euro lights; burlwood dash inserts, shift gate. SLK shift gate surround, Blaupunkt stereo, LOJACK, late-style grill insert.

The car was then spotted for sale last October on Autotrader.com in Milwaukee, WI, evidently a private sale. At that time, it had 56,300 miles and a $27K asking price.

This is what I observed about the car last October: "Some sort of decal on back trunk lid below emblem. Burlwood steering wheel (Victor) with burlwood shift knob. chrome shift gate surround; aftermarket head unit; Chromed AMG star wheels; Appears to be a very clean and nicely kept car.

Last October, the seller said, "Immaculate condition; stored winters, always garaged, low mileage car custom built by Porshe for Mercedes. Kenwood sound system w/iPod, GPS, DVD, Bluetooth, Satellite radio (original Becker available). AMG 17inch rims with Bridgestone RE01 tires. Renntech 1st gear start valve (original transmission valve available). Has S600 grille (original waffle grille available). 60,000 mile tuneup completed, engine and transmission seals and mounts replaced. Incredible torque and handling at triple digit speeds, this car is for the MB collector. Fell in love when I drove one owned by Edgar Bennett of the Green Bay Packers and bought a 1993 model which I owned for 5 years before it was rear-ended. Bought this car in 2004 with 40,600 miles on it. Have original sticker and Maintenance records. Interior is in exceptional condition, particularly wood trim and leather seat surfaces (no kids or eating allowed). After driving same type of car for 11 years I plan to buy a different toy!"

Cheers,
Gerry

oaklandw124
05-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe it's my eyes, but the rear suspension looks a little too high. Would that be a SRS issue?

Otherwise, car looks clean. Crazy how these cars have come down in price. A couple years ago people were asking mid 30's for the 1994's with low to average miles.

gerryvz
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
People were ASKING mid-$30s, but were GETTING mid-$20s. I don't see that the prices have changed.

The very best examples of E500Es are still bringing well into the $20s, even $30K.

I don't think they've hit the bottom of the depreciation curve for average cars yet, but there is no doubt that prices will be going up in the coming years. I've seen it with the R107s and it's now starting to happen with 560SECs.

Cheers,
Gerry

oaklandw124
05-23-2011, 03:09 PM
People were ASKING mid-$30s, but were GETTING mid-$20s. I don't see that the prices have changed.

The very best examples of E500Es are still bringing well into the $20s, even $30K.

I don't think they've hit the bottom of the depreciation curve for average cars yet, but there is no doubt that prices will be going up in the coming years. I've seen it with the R107s and it's now starting to happen with 560SECs.

Cheers,
Gerry

Thanks, Gerry. Do your eyes see the raised suspension on this car?

gerryvz
05-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Indeed, back-end looks about an inch too high for a stock car, and the front looks lowered (at least to me). So yes, a funny stance. Could be as simple as misadjusted rear SLS. For $19K asking, the car better be immaculate.

Cheers,
Gerry

bing
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
yes, noticed the same. the rear looks high indeed.

gsxr
05-24-2011, 09:12 AM
IT's more than in inch... the rear end is at max height, definitely a screwed-up SLS. Seen that before. Should be either an adjustment, or possibly a defective SLS valve. Since the car is for sale at a dealership, I'd expect this could be repaired (with warranty) prior to purchase.

:5150: