PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1994 E500, Canyon Brown / Black, 63kmi, $21k (Vancouver, Canada)

MountainMB
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
**Admin edit** EPC datacard indicates paint color code 485 which is Canyon Brown (Rosewood Metallic), not Desert Taupe. Thread title updated.

I've moved out to a rural area where finding a good qualified automotive technician is impossible. I love my E500, it's the greatest car I've ever had but I have to get something that I can get serviced locally.

It's in immaculate condition with 58000 miles 100,500 kilometers (62,700 miles) on it [as of May 2013]. It's been strictly a summer car. I've always stored it indoors from November to May. Desert taupe Canyon Brown (Rosewood Metallic) in color and 100% original. It comes with a set of extra wheels: brand new EVO II's 8.25 x 17 still in the box. It has ASR defeat and front ABS defeat. And of course the 155 mph limiter has been removed.

The car is in western Canada. I'll sell it to the highest offer I receive in the next 30 days. Contact me at macarenajuan@yahoo.com

T-500
06-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Lovely car - fabulous colour!

If you can make it down from Kelowna, or wherever, next weekend, you should show it off at the All German Car Show in N. Van next Sunday.

You might get a buyer!

http://www.bmwccbc.org/events/GCF/index.html

RocketeerPerformance
06-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Front ABS defeat? sounds scary...

Love the color...

need2speed
06-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Gorgeous color and a great year too! Hope it doesn't leave the country...

MountainMB
06-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Hey Rocketeer,

Front ABS defeat doesn't HAVE to be scary. Defeating the ABS for the front wheels actually allows you to stop in a shorter distance under some circumstances. But you have to get pretty good at threshhold braking and it COULD be scary to a driver who hasn't mastered it. :-o

Removing the front ABS defeat switch would take less than 5 minutes.

gsxr
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
What color is in the inteior? VIN number?

RocketeerPerformance
06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey Rocketeer,

Front ABS defeat doesn't HAVE to be scary. Defeating the ABS for the front wheels actually allows you to stop in a shorter distance under some circumstances. But you have to get pretty good at threshhold braking and it COULD be scary to a driver who hasn't mastered it. :-o

Removing the front ABS defeat switch would take less than 5 minutes.

I've disconnected the ARS which defeats the ABS when I have been on the track. Not sure if I would do it on the street though. And is this really defeating only the front ABS? Seems like it would be a 4 wheel system.

gsxr
06-28-2011, 02:56 PM
It is a 4-wheel system. I don't know of any way to disable only the front ABS... AFAIK, it's full ABS defeat or nothing.

FYI -normal ASR disable leaves ABS functional, unless it was purposely wired to defeat both (not recommended except for track-only use).

:hornets:

2phast
06-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I would assume that to disable just the front ABS system would only require you to disconnect the ABS sensor for the front, easy enough to do.

RocketeerPerformance
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Hmm. When I disconnect the ASR by the ECU it disconnects the ABS on my 94.

gsxr
06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
AFAIK, when you disconnect either front ABS sensor, it disables the entire ABS system (front & rear)... not just front ABS. It also will disable ASR. This is the quick/dirty method to kill ASR+ABS at the track if you don't have an ASR-Off switch added. After re-connecting, the stored DTC (error code) should be cleared from pin 6 (ABS+ASR module).

:bartman:

Swe500E
07-04-2011, 11:54 AM
This is 124.036 no 5 whit this color i have seen.

Really rare!

gerryvz
07-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Indeed when either wheel sensor (each side of the engine compartment) is disconnected the car will throw both "ASR" and "ABS" lights and a code will be stored. The lights will disappear when the sensor is re-connected, but the code will remain and should be cleared. Both ASR and ABS will be non-functional while the wheel sensor is disconnected.

Cheers,
Gerry

Jimbo
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
and....the cruise control will no longer work with speed sensor(s) dis-engaged. No big deal. :loony:

gerryvz
07-06-2011, 12:53 PM
cruise control will no longer work with speed sensor(s) dis-engaged. No big deal.What, you mean you never used cruise control while doing drag-race staging burnouts like I used to do. You've never really lived, Jimbo !!! :omg:

gsxr
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Bah, you need a line lock for that anyway, so you can stay in place, set the cruise at 5000rpm, and wait for the tyres to explode in a cloud of blue smoke. LOL!

:burnout:

gerryvz
07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I had a friend in PDX who had a line lock on his 560SEC. Insane !!

J-Sauce
07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I always set my cruise control at 115mph on my way into the track. Then I just leave the key in the ignition to keep the value stored, and when I line up, just hit resume. Makes for some very consistent runs! :p

gerryvz
07-06-2011, 10:27 PM
400Eric .....

You see what the Sauce-man is saying here?!? Sounds to me like a new BKM (best known method) for track runs for your Benzer X fleet.

Cheers,
Gerry

MountainMB
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
1994 Mercedes E500. Never winter-driven, near showroom condition. Car is in Vancouver, Canada. $21,000.
Also have a brand new set of EVO II wheels with Bridgestone RE-11 tires available for $3000.

gsxr
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Interior / exterior colors? VIN? Photos?

:cheers:

szvook
04-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Never winter-driven.
Got pics of the underside?

gerryvz
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
What's the mileage/kilometerage? Is that $21K Canuckian or American dollars?

KarlC
04-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Same car here right ?

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?1421-FS-1994-E500-Desert-Taupe-58kmi-located-in-Canada&p=9131#post9131

gsxr
04-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Good catch, Karl. Merged duplicate threads on the same car.

:gor-gor:

alexis
04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi,
It is a bit annoying to see someone coming on the board only to sell his car (3 posts since june 2011) and not answering our questions...
So the questions are : VIN ? Canadian or US dollars ? exterior/interior/underside pics ?
Thank you...
Alex

MountainMB
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
My apologies to all the board members who replied and got no answer. If you've ever owned one of these cars you know how hard it is to see it go after driving it for 12 years. And so it goes with my dithering. But now I've got to get serious because I've bought a slightly more powerful summer car.

Anyway, here are details:
xxxxx149139
Desert taupe exterior / black interior
Price in Canadian dollars
105000 kilometers or 65500 miles
Sorry, I don't have any good photos. The car is in its storage cocoon and is impossible to photograph. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it back on the road.
The interior is in showroom condition and it's got a new windshield.
The exterior is in near-showroom condition. It has 2 unnoticable scratches you can't see unless you know where to look. The front-facing areas of the car are protected from rock chips with 3M mylar. Paintwork has been cared for with Zaino products. Amsoil premium synthetic motor oil always used. The underside of the car is as could be expected for a car never driven on anything but pavement. The car has never been track-driven.
There is a professionally-installed ASR defeat system and a front ABS defeat system. Yes, front ABS is defeatable without affecting anything else. All it took was getting the right electronics tech to juggle the right wires to the right places. It was all in the wiring. I haven't bothered with it myself but apparently with enough practice it is possible to "threshold brake" and stop in shorter distances than ABS can. The 155mph speed limiter has been removed. Apart from that everything else on the car is stock.

I could possibly deliver the car to either Vancouver BC or into Washington state.
The new EVO II wheels and the 245/45-17 Bridgestones RE-11 tires are part of the deal.

C$21000

gsxr
04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Wow... VIN # xxxxxxxxxxxx149139 shows as paint code 485, which is Canyon Brown (Rosewood Metallic), not Desert Taupe. Canyon Brown with black interior is one of my all-time favorite combos. Droooool! Shame it would be so difficult to import this into the USA, although that's probably good because my bank account can't take a $20k hit.

AutoCheck report attached, everything looks clean...

:wahoo: :deniro:

WDBEA36E4RC149139

sheward
04-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Looks like a very nice car in a classy and unique color combination. I like it as well. Your reluctance to part with it is understandable. Best of luck.

drew

500AMM
04-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Great car and rare color combo! I've never seen a Canyon Brown 036 BTW.

Could you please post more pics of it in full scale (..or max scale allowed here 2.500 pixels wide) Would be great!

Cheers

570TE
04-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Nice Car!! And really unusual colors.

Please allow me to ask a question. I believe all 124.036 cars were build to USA standards, correct? Wouldn't that mean they all have EPA/DOT compliance stickers in the door jambs? If so, then why, as gsxr notes above and I have heard others remark, is it so difficult to import a Canadian (North American?) .036 into the USA? The border thing I guess I cna understand, but what prevents the car from being driven to Washington State as this owner offers, sell the car in USA, and then registering it in one's home state here in the lower 48?

Jimbo
04-17-2013, 08:03 AM
I believe all 124.036 cars were build to USA standards, correct? ?

No...US cars have several differences from what the ROW (rest of world) got.

It's not difficult at all to go from CA to US, or the other way for that matter...all it takes is $$$.

This is a sweet color combo car !! Someone grab it please.

MountainMB
05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
If I did this right there should be 8 pictures here

2phast
05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Nice Car!! And really unusual colors.

Please allow me to ask a question. I believe all 124.036 cars were build to USA standards, correct? Wouldn't that mean they all have EPA/DOT compliance stickers in the door jambs? If so, then why, as gsxr notes above and I have heard others remark, is it so difficult to import a Canadian (North American?) .036 into the USA? The border thing I guess I cna understand, but what prevents the car from being driven to Washington State as this owner offers, sell the car in USA, and then registering it in one's home state here in the lower 48?

IF your car has a yellow emissions decal on the passenger side radiator support, then it is simple to bring it into the USA. If not, then its going to be extremely expensive to bring it in.

gsxr
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
MountainMB, could you post a photo of the decal that is located above the passenger side headlight?

Thanks!

Jimbo
05-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Super nice ...I'd buy a condo at Whistler Village and leave it up there (that's if the wife didn't slit my throat first ! )

MountainMB
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Here's the photo of the yellow sticker:

gsxr
05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
IF your car has a yellow emissions decal on the passenger side radiator support, then it is simple to bring it into the USA.
Rik, have you done this before? Any idea what the cost would be to bring a "yellow sticker" car from Canada into USA? Looks like it might be possible with this one...

:apl:

bing
05-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like it can be done (bring across to US). I guess the speedo needs changing ? Plus taxes, smog test etc ?

This car is nice!

gsxr
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
That's what I'm wondering about... is it a straightforward registration in USA, or does the car still need to be "Federalized" with a speedo change, etc?

:detective:

2phast
05-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Here are some resources;

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/
http://www.bordercenter.org/chem/vehicles.htm
http://www.canuckabroad.com/forums/bringing-a-canadian-car-over-to-the-usa-vt6695.html
http://www.canadatotwincities.com/buy_car.html

The car would be considered a "conforming vehicle" and paper would need to be filled out with that assumption. Getting the letter from Mercedes stating it conforms to the FMVSS shouldn't be a issue. One thing to note, because the headlights and speedo don't conform, US Customs expects to see a "receipt" that these components have been replaced with DOT components. So I wouldn't fall into the trap of going up there with some spare parts and doing the swap yourself (you could, but pay a shop to install them). Also, the blinkers and taillights need to be replaced with components that have the DOT certification on them, don't overlook this. Even though the letter from Mercedes may say the vehicle is FMVSS except for the headlights and speedo, the US customs will nail you for those other items also.

Its a hell of a lot easier if you just have the seller drive the car over the border and then sell it to you. 95% of the headache is getting the car into the US, not getting it titled.

MountainMB
05-17-2013, 10:37 AM
A couple of corrections to my previous description of the car:
The 105000 Kilometers (65500 miles) figures are incorrect. The correct figures are 100500 kilometers (62700 miles).
Also the car has the original windshield.

MountainMB
05-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Car sold on May 24

gsxr
05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Congrats on the sale! Is the new owner in USA or Canada?

:deniro:

samiam44
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Was that a close deck engine? Lovely color.

MountainMB
05-30-2013, 10:13 AM
The car is staying in Canada. The German mechanic who was maintaining the car for me when I was living in Calgary knew a good thing when he saw it. He is the car's new owner and it will be well taken care of.

gsxr
05-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Excellent! Nice to hear the car will be going to a good home. I would have loved to have bought this car, but the timing wasn't good on my end. Maybe I'll get another chance if your mechanic decides to sell it in the future.

need2speed
05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Congrats man! If the car is moving to Calgary, there is a chance we'll meet somewhere around Banff :-)