PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1992 500E, (199) Black/Black, 60kmi, $25k, 1 owner (Ohio, not Santa Monica, CA)

captruff
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
ADMIN UPDATE: Car was originally listed for $30k in Oct-2011, reduced to $25k in Jun-2012.
Also - the car is currently located in Ohio, not California.

Here is a car local to me for sale:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2630377820.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3426406855.html <-- New ad dated Nov-21, 2012

VIN: WDBEA36E4NB709662

1992 Mercedes Benz 500e mint original owner low miles - $30 (Mission Viejo)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-10-03, 11:07AM PDT
Reply to: sale-52vj9-2630377820@craigslist.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am regrettable selling my fathers mint condition 1992 500e. He is the original owner. Car garaged, and meticously cared for. Only 60xxxx miles on it. Just spent 3300 at Mercedes. Not a thing needed. Asking 30,000 or best offer. Also entertaining trades plus cash. Please contact jay if interested 7608611117 thx

It is fairly early since it has the older non flip top center armrest and early steering wheel.

Jeff

akuatika
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
30K!!!!

Here is a car local to me for sale

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2630377820.html

It is fairly early sine it have the older non flip top center armrest and no early steering wheel.

Jeff

10-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Jeff,

Seems like a proper example if its a well maintained one owner. 30k is fair price IMO.
Have you seen the car?

akuatika
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Vin # provided by owner, wdbea36e4nb709662

gerryvz
10-04-2011, 03:00 AM
No prior record of this car for sale. Too bad there's not more details included. To get the kind of money he thinks the car is worth, he's going to have to provide A LOT more documents and photos.

At first blush, given the market, I'd say he's about $10K too high at this point.

Cheers,
Gerry

gsxr
10-04-2011, 08:32 AM
At first blush, given the market, I'd say he's about $10K too high at this point.
Agreed. I wonder where he got the $30k figure from.

:5150:

RicardoD
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Gerry & Dave,

Glad to see your reading of the market is the same as mine. People should not confuse asking prices in the various ads with what people are actually getting or if the cars are even selling. Nonetheless, looks like a very nice well taken care of car.

Ricardo

gsxr
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes, it does appear pretty nice. I think a reasonable price would be lower $20's, assuming it needs nothing, and drives perfect.

:spend:

maw1124
10-31-2011, 09:49 PM
No prior record of this car for sale. Too bad there's not more details included. To get the kind of money he thinks the car is worth, he's going to have to provide A LOT more documents and photos.

Cheers,
Gerry

Getting high off his own supply...

maw

gsxr
02-20-2012, 11:26 AM
UPDATE: The post below is in reference to a different black 1992 500E in Ohio - apologies for the confusion:

Update from seller via email Feb-2012... this is from the owner's son, apparently he is selling it for his father:

i have a 92, 500E... i purchased this car [with 32,974 miles] from crown motors near columbus ,ohio, it had about 8 or 9000 miles on it for 56,700$. the car is immaculate in show room condition,no mechanical or body issues, pearl black with grey leather and has a cd changer. I drive it only in the summer and is stored in the winters, the car is completely up to date on maintenance, it has mobil one oil changes every year regardless of the mileage.it is completely original, with original wheels and tires and 18 inch wheels with Bridgestone potenza re;s.make an offer if i find attractive i will respond, Thank you, P.Kumar, M.D

Dan
02-20-2012, 05:07 PM
...make an offer if i find attractive i will respond, Thank you, P.Kumar, M.D

lol

That's how I would respond if i didn't want to sell.

DarkStar
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I paid $29K for mine with 60K on the odo and 6 years old....owned by dealer and driven by his wife.

Ron500E
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Hmmmmm

I paid $28,500 for an 8,500 mile 1 owner Malachite/Mushroom (Parchment) Florida car about 3 years ago. Best money I ever spent. It was the best money I ever spent for several reasons - not the least was because it wasn't my money, it was my soon to be wifes'....

Kind Regards,

Ron

Prime
02-21-2012, 08:55 AM
i purchased this car [with 32,974 miles] from crown motors near columbus ,ohio, it had about 8 or 9000 miles on it for 56,700$.

This sentence doesn't make sense to me - what am I missing? And any way you read it, how is this a one-owner car?

DerFuror
02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
... P.Kumar, M.D

if P.Kumar, M.D is the Peter Kumar I'm thinking of, he is a long-time active Hemmings Motor News (http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?q=kumar&ss_context=carsforsale) wheeler-dealer.

Jimbo
02-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Yes, Peter Kumar owns Gullwing Motors in Astoria, NY but for sure he is not a doctor...this kind of car is piddly to what he has in his garage(s) that are for sale. I'm thinking this is not the same Kumar(s)

True, doesn't 'appear' to be one owner now does it?

Looks to be a nice , un-molested, low mileage, early car. I bet someone would pay 25K for it.

gsxr
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
No affiliation.

VIN = WDBEA36E4NB709662

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3091318248.html

1992 Mercedes Benz 500E - $25 (Santa Monica )

Date: 2012-06-24, 1:53PM PDT
Reply to: wchq9-3091318248@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Mint condition low miles 25k obo. Serious inquires only call or text jay 760 861 1117 anthracite grey with black interior pics available upon request. Will consider trades, but prefer cash. text me offers.

morgancjames
08-18-2012, 10:27 PM
WDBEA36E4NB709662

Is it in the database?

I called on it and it is a CA car being stored in OH. Clean carfax. $25k and it has 59k miles. Seems a little on the high side compared to Dr. No's car. My father in law is going to go look at it, but what concerns should I have? What should be offered and what is this car worth/ sell for? I think it has been sitting for the last 3 years.

morgancjames
08-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh, and the seller wanted to know if I would be making an offer or just paying full price. I haven't even seen it. Seems a little strange.

morgancjames
08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Oh nice. Thanks for the update. Still seems strange. The son, over the phone, told me Dad/ Grandpa bought it at 16k miles and now is too old to drive it, but yet, Dad is the one who approves the final sale ad the son is the middle man. They want to sell it, but the motivation seems lacking (they do not want to wheel and deal).

gsxr
08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, so it's not original owner (as claimed in their ad), and overpriced. The mileage at purchase (from the real original owner) was 16k, indicating the current owner would be the second owner.

Looks like a $20k car at most and that if it's near perfect. AutoCheck report attached below.

:whistling2:

Doctorjaystone
09-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Hmmm, so it's not original owner (as claimed in their ad), and overpriced. Looks like a $20k car at most and that if it's near perfect. The mileage at purchase (from the real original owner) keeps changing, is it 33k, 16k, or 9k? I don't think they really know.

AutoCheck report attached below.

Its fairly simple. Your confusing two different cars for sale for the car I have for sale. Any misinformation isn't intentional. My father had a stroke and his mind isn't the same hence his memory mistakes. (Also hence the fact I'm helping him sell it.) He doesn't want to sell it. Not looking to "wheel and deal" as Jeff put it. Car has never been neglected it's been meticulously cared for its entire life and in mint condition. Here's the facts on the car. Purchased at house of imports In 1993 with 16k miles. Have all the original paperwork and service records. Selling price is 25k obo. He will not take a penny less than 23k. Cut and dry there is all the facts. Car has been garaged it's entire life and not a single thing needs to be done to it. Everything is up to date and the car drives perfect. If interested feel free to contact me. jaymarmor@aol.com

Jimbo
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Sad story on your Dad btw...but really it is no one's business why you guys are selling it and for what price. $25K is fine and although you might have to wait for the right buyer, he (or she) is out there with that 23-25K.

You may get frustrated with the tire kickers, insulting offers, and silly observations that typically come with listing a car like this....especially here. Hang tough !

Ronza85
09-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Sad story on your Dad btw...but really it is no one's business why you guys are selling it and for what price. $25K is fine and although you might have to wait for the right buyer, he (or she) is out there with that 23-25K.

You may get frustrated with the tire kickers, insulting offers, and silly observations that typically come with listing a car like this....especially here. Hang tough !

I totally agree Jimbo, too many people are negative when nice cars come up for sale and automatically jump to negative assumptions quite often. The users should make more positive comments instead of ragging on peoples cars all the time and digging for discrepancies, lets be honest we are not talking about a 1955 Gullwing in terms of price or rarity by any means. This poor guys father had a stroke, its not right and people should wait to hear all the facts before they make idiotic statements. I sold one a while back, members were saying I would get $13-15k for, I got $19.8k after being on the market for 3-4 weeks. Do not pay attention to these hecklers Jay, if you are not in a rush just be patient and it will go. Good luck w/sale!

gsxr
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Sellers who can't get their story straight, nor post high-res photos, don't generate a lot of credibility. Very sorry about the family illness but with all the scammers out there today, I don't blame potential buyers for being suspicious. In the meantime Jay can sell his car for whatever price he wants.

:grouphug:

Jimbo
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Dave, c'mon man...the seller doesn't need to impress you, does he? Who are you again?

So he is a scammer based on his not-so-great pix, back-story and lack of credilibilty in yours eyes sitting behind your monitor a thousand miles away? Wow.

...and most private folks are not 'pros' when it comes to selling a car. Cut him some slack.

gsxr
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Dave, c'mon man...the seller doesn't need to impress you, does he? Who are you again?

So he is a scammer based on his not-so-great pix, back-story and lack of credilibilty in yours eyes sitting behind your monitor a thousand miles away? Wow.

...and most private folks are not 'pros' when it comes to selling a car. Cut him some slack.
I never said he was a scammer, Jimbo. Read my post, where did I say that? Jeez. Lack of credibility comes from several different stories in each listing. He doesn't need to impress anyone if he doesn't want to sell the car.

Sorry dude, but bad photos and bad description translates into skepticism. This is pretty common for cars in the $2-$3k range but it's out of place on something priced at $20-$30k. Again, I seriously do not care, but I also don't expect anyone to be beating his door down with a suitcase full of cash. Maybe the car is worth $40k and it's the deal of the century, and the new owner will be thrilled to pieces. More power to 'em.

:damn:

Jelmer
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I've got to agree with Dave here. Seeing a short or weird story with typo's is enough to make me doubt. Seeing low-res pictures makes me click the ad away, simply because I don't want to deal with people who can't be bothered to spend some time on their ad. If they are dyslectic, they can ask for help. If they can't make proper pics, ask your neighbor. It's not that hard to make a solid ad.

Oh, and Jimbo, I think you mis-read. Dave said "but with all the scammers out there today, I don't blame people for being suspicious", and didn't mean this dude is a scammer.

bing
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
:banghead: This FS thread is now a bit confusing, guys. From what I've read the first post is Jay's car right ? Then there's this P.Kumar dude thrown in the mix - is this the scammer??

Easy to criticise but TBH it's really upto to the seller how he or they want to present it. If someone is really interested they can contact directly as suggested. :whip:

gerryvz
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
:hug2: :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::h ug2:

gsxr
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
UPDATE: The post below is in reference to a different black 1992 500E in Ohio - apologies for the confusion:

Based on info from someone who was in touch with the seller in late 2011 and early 2012, P.Kumar is the son, and Jay is the dad... but it's the same car.

"Same car. 33K miles in his email to me refers to when his dad purchased the car for 56 grand. The gent who emailed me is the son and selling for his dad. Now has 60K miles and looking for offers."

:watchdrama:

bing
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Aha! Then I take it all back, Dave. Though completely different topic, but some tones of this thread I'm kinda picking up from this : http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?2989-Hot-Starting-Problem-in-a-1992-500E&highlight=Kumar. :detective:

I don't think this ambiguity bodes well on this forum.

P Kumar/Jay, would you care to be straight and come clean, please?!

Administrators, if otherwise, may I suggest we shut this Thread down ?:mad:

gsxr
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
If this is a case of two different cars getting mixed up, posting the VIN of both would sure help... then we could also split the threads as needed to keep the two cars separate.

rol607
09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Great idea. At this point I am confused as well. And after reading the other thread mentioned above, even more confused.

bgreene30
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
I tried getting to see this car a few times before buying mine from Robert Fenton. I was given multiple stories from car is out of state(was supposed to be here a week later probably still out) to make an offer then well let you see it. Frankly, I have purchased and sold 100's of cars and my gut told me steer clear and that's what I chose to do. Not likely a car in this described condition and provenance would not be sold after a bloody year or more of peddling it of all places on bloody Craigslist unless it wasn't what it was or is priced more than the market will bear. Anything I want to sell I sure as hell jump through hoops to help people buy it, from personal experience, jay (apparent owners son) has done nothing but keep people from seeing it.

Doctorjaystone
09-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Based on info from someone who was in touch with the seller in late 2011 and early 2012, P.Kumar is the son, and Jay is the dad... but it's the same car.

"Same car. 33K miles in his email to me refers to when his dad purchased the car for 56 grand. The gent who emailed me is the son and selling for his dad. Now has 60K miles and looking for offers."

:watchdrama:
My name is Jay Marmor. My fathers name is Leonard Marmor. He purchased the car in 1993 with 16k miles in the neighborhood of 80 thousand dollars. I've personally seen the finance paperwork. I don't know who this other guy is. No clue what so ever. Car is in Ohio. My dad is not interested in shipping it until there is a serious buyer. So far only low ballers and tire kickers. (Bob Green being one of the low ballers but enough about that.) to those of you showing support and compassion it is much appreciated. For those that are negative and quick to judge, my dad has a message for you, "go f@ck yourself". I can't be anymore clear about the specifics of the car. I'm not a pro. Just a guy trying to help his family out the best he can. THE CAR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. IT IS AS I DECSCRIBED IT HERE, 100%. Any other questions or concerns contact me directly. jaymarmor@aol.com

Doctorjaystone
09-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Update from seller via email Feb-2012... this is from the owner's son, apparently he is selling it for his father:

i have a 92, 500E... i purchased this car [with 32,974 miles] from crown motors near columbus ,ohio, it had about 8 or 9000 miles on it for 56,700$. the car is immaculate in show room condition,no mechanical or body issues, pearl black with grey leather and has a cd changer. I drive it only in the summer and is stored in the winters, the car is completely up to date on maintenance, it has mobil one oil changes every year regardless of the mileage.it is completely original, with original wheels and tires and 18 inch wheels with Bridgestone potenza re;s.make an offer if i find attractive i will respond, Thank you, P.Kumar, M.D

Not affiliated with P. Kumar in any fashion. My father purchased his 500 at the house of imports in California off the 405 in Buena Park.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion between the two separate listings. Our car has been a CA car until about 2 years ago. He purchased a house in OH for my mother to be closer to her mother (health issues) then shortly after selling their house in Palm springs he begun to have issues of his own. To not drag this out if you contacted me about the car and felt there was something more to the story it could only be that this is a touchy subject with a lot of heart ache and worrying involved never did I intend to give anyone the impression that things are not as described or that I have been anything but honest. Car has been garaged it's entire life and there should be no issues or concerns that come up in a pre purchase inspection. Car is up to date and needs nothing. I reiterate it drives perfect. If I had the money I'd buy it myself. Thank you for your time and take care.

Jelmer
09-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Telling people to go f*ck themselves can't be the best way to sell a car.

Thanks for registering here to (try to) clear things up, though.

bing
09-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Thank you for clarifying and good luck with the sale!

(Bob Green being one of the low ballers but enough about that.)

I'm sure he'll have his side of the story..

gsxr
09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
OK, I think we've got it figured out. There was another low-miles, black, 1992 500E also in Ohio, for sale by Doctor "P. Kumar" which was getting mixed up with the Doctor Jay / Leonard Marmor low-miles, black, 1992 500E in Ohio.

I've edited the previous posts to try and clear up the confusion. My apologies for the mix-up.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

:slosh:

Ron500E
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
OK, I think we've got it figured out.

I've edited the previous posts to try and clear up the confusion. My apologies for the mix-up.

OMG. A gentleman and a wiki.

Just like the US Presidential Crawl, Ohio causes concern.

R
That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Jelmer
09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
https://www.500eboard.com/forums/images/imported/2012/09/65.jpg

bing
09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Nice and tight everyone, please!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNpM_dr_KbCnIgfQoLHVQXa8CnI4uk1 dPLK90iEFIp0D_91m1u9g

Jimbo
09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
This sort of conduct is EXCACTLY why I tell folks to NEVER list their E500E here for sale... and by the looks of it, not many folks do actually list their cars here...most all the car for sale ads are gleaned from other sources; seemingly just to have something to talk about/rip apart. And it seems as if folks can't even get their cars straight ! Much to this seller's delite.

Dr. Jay, no need to thank me privately. I think your Dad's comment to the collective doubters here is totally called for as well.... x2 !!! I truly wish you and your Dad the best in selling it. A 20 year old, 60K mile car is impressive in this day and age. The folks who judge it from afar by a not-so-great attempt at an ad do not .

Yeah, it's prolly best to lock down, or even better, remove this thread altogether. Dave, please don't say you 'don't give a damn'... you obviously do; this is your life !

gsxr
09-27-2012, 11:01 AM
LOL... to clarify, I don't give a damn if they sell the car or not, or how much it sells for. However I do my best to ensure the information posted on the forum is accurate. We now know the Marmors are selling a 2-owner car located in Ohio, and the sellers have posted direct contact info. Potential buyers can do what they wish with the information available.

As I've stated in other threads... ANY car that is for sale is fair game to get picked apart. Not just E500E's. That's the nature of the used car business. If you don't want your car picked apart, then don't sell it. Simple as that. I don't understand why people have a problem with this concept unless they're trying to hide something. (And I'm NOT saying the Marmors are hiding anything!!)

For the record, it wasn't me that got the two cars confused... it was someone else who was discussing the car with me via private email months ago. In both our defenses, what are the odds of there being two different black low-miles 1992 500E's for sale by doctors in Ohio? I totally understand how the other person thought they were the same car. And I'm happy that the correct information is now posted.

:bananadeath:

Jimbo
09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Sweet finish Dave...but what does the dancing banana at the end mean tho? I'm not following you...sorry if I'm missing something.

For those that are negative and quick to judge, my dad has a message for you, "go f@ck yourself".

Dr. Jay...can I use this qoute in my signature !

bing
09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
This sort of conduct is EXCACTLY why I tell folks to NEVER list their E500E here for sale..
It's only because most members would know what to look out for. Granted it can be over the top and sometimes too anal when really we're talking about a USED 20something year old car, but as Dave says, "it's the nature of used car business".

and by the looks of it, not many folks do actually list their cars here...

Hmmm... didn't DrNo sell his to Hi-Power?
didn't KarlC sell his to Tanger?
didn't Drew sell his to Bahnstormer?
didn't Prime sell his to spleuba ?

Heck, I think even Jono bought a salvaged one from here.

most all the car for sale ads are gleaned from other sources; seemingly just to have something to talk about/rip apart.

Hmmm.....didn't KarlC and Greg (8899) just bought one?

jano
09-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Add me to the list, I bought me 500e through an ad on and by a member of this site (before it's first big member redo).

Doctorjaystone
09-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Sweet finish Dave...but what does the dancing banana at the end mean tho? I'm not following you...sorry if I'm missing something.

Dr. Jay...can I use this qoute in my signature !

Absoulety Jimbo feel free to do with that quote as you please. I'm not a Dr. Tho... My first name is Doctor. My dad said if he didn't do anything else for me in life at least I'll get a good seat in a restaurant when I call for reservations, because I can call ahead as Doctor Marmor.

Regards,

Doctor J. Marmor

akuatika
09-27-2012, 06:47 PM
I spoke with Doctor Marmor about a year ago,over the phone he told me 30k not a penny less, come and see the car I have it right here in LA, are you local ?he asked, I asked for vin # he said he did not had it but he will get it,then he send it to me via email ,and I posted vin Oct 3rd 2011.

akuatika
09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Vin # provided by owner, wdbea36e4nb709662
Vin provided a year ago by Dr Marmor

rol607
09-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I emailed Dr. jay this morning asking where in Ohio is car. Still no response. I am in Ohio and would like to see it.

rol607
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I went and drove the car this morning. Here is the email I just sent to seller's son.

Hi there. Went fine. Car is far from perfect. I would suggest a good detailing inside and out. Car is filthy inside. Stained mats in rear and a tired drivers mat too. Rear bumper is not fitting correctly. Wheels have curb rash. It needs to have wheels and tires balanced badly. Car vibrates at 60+ a lot!

I am a very picky guy, I am a concours winner with many of the Porsches and MB's I have owned. Cosmetically car is not great. Wax residue all over the place and many surface scratches. I am a true car guy and have owned two of these in the past. The trunk was loaded with stuff. Each compartment was loaded with stuff. I gather from Steve, who is a great guy by the way, your family is not in need of the cash this sale will generate. But if you really want to sell it, then get a good detail completed and have the rear bumper put on correctly. The black trim on the rear bumper is coming off a little bit as well on passenger side.

With that said $23k is way too high a price for this car. I would be a buyer at $17500. Check out the 69k and 81k 500E's on eBay right now. That is how you want to present your car.

From what Steve said, you are a son assisting in the sale of the car. Don't mean to sound so critical, but when you want more than dealer pricing and you state what you have about the car's condition, it should be much better than what I saw today.

Here is his response. Maybe it will happen.

I apologize for the miss representation. I was told the car was in perfect condition. Last time I saw it the car was flawless. Not sure what happened between now and then but it has been over a year. I will let my father know and will have these issues corrected. Thank you for the feedback and information. I appreciate your time have a good day.

rol607
10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Just received an email from who I believe is the doctor/owner's wife?

"Doctor J. Marmor" wrote:

Dad said BS thats what he and anyone else would like to steal it for. Read up on that car theres only 250 left in the world in any kind of condition. Its a collectors auto before i let someone steal it i will store it for a few more years and clean it up and put on the auction block. Dont forget dad was in the car business most of his life. These buyers are looking to steal it if they can so they come up with what??? Low mileage no accidents original paint auto been stored never seen harsh weather. All upkeep and service been done on this car. A detail and new mats is about 300 where does that equate a 7500 deduction? ?? Do understand that? Thats what he had to pick on. How about the positive theres more great about the car then the small complaints he made. New brakes and alot more been to this car. Shakes never happened to us but will look into it when i get home. I hope our auto wasnt driven without Steve being present or taken anywhere because i gave no permission for this. THIS IS A SPECIAL AUTO...

redred
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Well I guess he can enjoy that special auto a little while longer. There are two listings here currently for cars that are in much, much better shape.

And only 250 left in the world in any kind of condition??? Really? That's news to me. Start buying up these cars fast gentleman! Apparently they are much rarer than we thought!!! ;)

Jelmer
10-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry to be so blunt, but what an asshole. You sent a well-written, polite email where you explain your reasons for offering a lower number very clearly. The seller can then accept or not, or start negotiations. To reply with "Dad said BS" is simply rude.

500AMM
10-03-2012, 05:07 AM
Sorry to be so blunt, but what an asshole. You sent a well-written, polite email where you explain your reasons for offering a lower number very clearly. The seller can then accept or not, or start negotiations. To reply with "Dad said BS" is simply rude.

Well said, Jelmer. These people seem to be money counters, which sometimes have less ground contact and more money than decent behaviour. ;-)

bing
10-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Seriuosly in denial! I think it's time to withdraw any dialogue from this seller.:ban1:

DW SD
11-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Ad has been refreshed on Craigslist. It appears the market is validating ROL607's opinions.
Wonder why in the CL ad Jay makes no mention that the car is in Ohio. Ad says LA / OC area.

Doug

rol607
11-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Ad has been refreshed on Craigslist. It appears the market is validating ROL607's opinions.
Wonder why in the CL ad Jay makes no mention that the car is in Ohio. Ad says LA / OC area.

Doug

Too funny! The pictures in his ad were taken by me the day I drove it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3426406855.html

1992 Mercedes Benz 500E - $25 (LA/OC)

Date: 2012-11-21, 5:38PM PST
Reply to this post mqdhc-3426406855@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]

Excellent condition low miles 25k obo. Serious inquires only call or text jay 760 861 1117 black interior pics available upon request.

Stuttgarter
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Where in Ohio is the car?

rol607
11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Where in Ohio is the car?

Near Findlay.

Doctorjaystone
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Just received an email from who I believe is the doctor/owner's wife?

"Doctor J. Marmor" wrote:

Dad said BS thats what he and anyone else would like to steal it for. Read up on that car theres only 250 left in the world in any kind of condition. Its a collectors auto before i let someone steal it i will store it for a few more years and clean it up and put on the auction block. Dont forget dad was in the car business most of his life. These buyers are looking to steal it if they can so they come up with what??? Low mileage no accidents original paint auto been stored never seen harsh weather. All upkeep and service been done on this car. A detail and new mats is about 300 where does that equate a 7500 deduction? ?? Do understand that? Thats what he had to pick on. How about the positive theres more great about the car then the small complaints he made. New brakes and alot more been to this car. Shakes never happened to us but will look into it when i get home. I hope our auto wasnt driven without Steve being present or taken anywhere because i gave no permission for this. THIS IS A SPECIAL AUTO...

I didnt write this email you nincompoop, my mom did. Just another example of how smart some of you jackoffs think you are.

Jim Rosenthal
12-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Based on the email, seller appears to be a clueless idiot. This is a preliminary opinion, mind you.

gerryvz
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
He received a warning from me to chill, and further BS will result in a banning. No tolerance for this type of namecalling.

gsxr
12-02-2013, 09:50 PM
A title was issued in Encino, CA on 12/23/2012, and registration was renewed 9/10/2013 at the same location. Updated AutoCheck attached.

:pc1:

rol607
12-02-2013, 09:56 PM
He received a warning from me to chill, and further BS will result in a banning. No tolerance for this type of namecalling.

Thanks!

bing
12-03-2013, 03:37 AM
1 year later he comes back with this BS ?!

Sent while on the road using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Maui
12-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I just read this entire thread and I have to say it was entertaining. Mom is a regular Hemingway.

:clapper:

Jim Rosenthal
12-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Applause all around....

Jimbo
12-04-2013, 09:46 AM
...nincompoops and jackoffs !?

That's funny stuff yo.