PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1993 500E, Black/Black, 77kmi, eBay BIN $19.9k (Henrico, VA)

JordiC
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
No affiliation.

Aftermarket headlights, tailights and grill.

VIN# WDBEA36E8PB910452

"THIS IS A 1993 500 E WITH 77000 DOCUMENTED MILES. IT HAS NEVER BEEN PAINTED AND THE PAINT IS MUSEUM QUALITY. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY MECHANICAL PROBLEMS AND RUNS PERFECTLY. THE INTERIOR IS PERFECT AND IT HAS NEW TIRES, NEW BRAKES, AND A NEW WIRING HARNESS. THE OLD HARNESS HAS LASTED 18 YEARS. IT HAS BEEN GARAGED FOR 18 YEARS AND DRIVEN AROUND 4300 MILES PER YEAR ON AVERAGE. IT WAS A MERCEDES CERTIFIED STARMARK CAR UNTIL 2001. WHEN THAT WARRANTY RAN OUT MERCEDES AT THAT TIME WENT THROUGH THE CAR AND REPLACED ANY ITEM THAT WAS IN WARRANTY AND AT THAT TIME THE CAR HAD 58K MILES. AROUND 19K MILES WERE PUT ON THE CAR FROM 1998-2011 AND IT WAS GARAGED AND NOT DRIVEN IN THE WINTER BUT ONLY IN SPRING AND SUMMER TO KEEP IT IN PERFECT CONDITION FROM THE ELEMENTS.

THE ASHTRAY HAS NEVER BEEN USED. IT IS WIRED FOR FACTORY MERCEDES BENZ TELEPHONE AND ALL CONTROLS ARE STILL IN PLACE FOR HANDS FREE CALLING. IT DOES NOT HAVE A PHONE OTHER THAN THE FACTORY BOX MADE FOR IT. SEE THE PICTURE OF THE CONTROLS ABOVE THE REAR VIEW MIRROR

I HAVE REPLACED THE HEADLIGHTS AND THE GRILL AND THE TAIL LIGHTS TO UPDATED PARTS AND I HAVE ALL OF THE ORIGINAL PARTS. I WILL BE ADDING MORE INFORMATION AND PICTURES TO THIS SITE LATER.

THIS CAR HAS HEATED SEATS AND REAR AUTOMATIC SUN SCREEN WHICH KEEPS THE INTERIOR AS NEW

THIS CAR HAS NO DOOR DINGS OR SCRATCHES AND HAS NEVER BEEN PAINTED. I WOULD SAY THE PAINT ON A SCALE OF 10 WOULD BE A 9.9 AND IT IS CALLED BLACK PEARL METALLIC WHICH CHANGES COLOR FROM DARK GRAY TO BLACK DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF DAY AND WEATHER. IT IS MORE BLACK THAN GRAY.

IT HAS THE ONLY AVAILABLE OPTION FOR THAT YEAR WHICH IS A MERCEDES FACTORY SIX DISC CHANGER AND THE SOUND SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ANY MERCEDES THAT I HAVE OWNED.

THIS IS NOT IN THE SAME CLASS AS MOST 500E'S THAT YOU SEE ON EBAY. IT HAS TO BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED. THIS CAR ORIGINALLY COST $85000.00 WITH SALES TAX AND WITH A 4 YEAR LOAN AT 10% WOULD HAVE MADE IT MORE THAN $115,000. BECAUSE OF PORSHE AND MERCEDES COLLABORATION ON BODY, TUNING, SUSPENSION AND BUILD IT IS CONSIDERED A VERY COLLECTIBLE AUTOMBOILE.

LUKE"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/190619676763

gsxr
12-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Those headlights are hideous. The good news is, he has the original headlights & taillights. Looks pretty nice overall, wish the photos were higher resolution.

:rugby:

gerryvz
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
No previous, explicit record of this car in my database.

Unfortunately, he's likely asking $4-5K too much for the car, as well. He won't get what he's asking, at least on eBay. He's calling it a 9.9 out of 10 which I find laughable. As I said in another thread yesterday, it wouldn't take me 20 minutes to find $5K worth of deferred maintenance on this car whether the owner wants to admit such deferred maintenance exists, or not ;)

The car obviously had a factory phone installed in it at one time, which must have been removed. Agree the headlight and taillight treatment detracts from what otherwise does look like a clean original car. But to call it a 9.9 is a joke. I would certainly love to put this car up against captruff's car and see which one would be the 9.9 out of 10 ... it wouldn't be a contest, Jeff's car would win hands down.

Cheers,
Gerry

mistermiata
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
IT HAS THE ONLY AVAILABLE OPTION FOR THAT YEAR WHICH IS A MERCEDES FACTORY SIX DISC CHANGER AND THE SOUND SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ANY MERCEDES THAT I HAVE OWNED. LUKE

:wtf:

Guess this guy has never driven a Mercedes newer than 1995....

szvook
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Guess this guy has never driven a Mercedes newer than 1995....
Or listens to elevator music...

Vame808
12-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh and btw what's up with the shark fin lol?! Newly updated info on eBay from the seller:

I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS FIRST. MY MERCEDES TECH TESTED THE ENGINE WITH A WET AND DRY TEST AND THERE WAS 1 POINT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO CYLINDERS AND NO DIFFERENCE AMONG THE OTHER 6 CYLINDERS. THIS SUGGESTS THAT THIS IS A PERFECT ENGINE AND IS AS NEW. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR THAT IS PRICED AS LOW AS THE LOWEST ENTRY LEVEL CAR SUCH AS A CIVIC, CRUZE, ETC. WHEN THEY ARE READY FOR THE JUNK YARD THIS CLASSIC COLLECTIBLE MAY BE WORTH MUCH MORE THAN IT IS ADVERTISED NOW. ALSO, WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT THIS IS THE ONLY PORSCHE BUILT MERCEDES EVER MADE THERE IS VALUE. COMPARE THIS TO A NEW PORSCHE 4 DOOR PANAMERA PRICE WISE, FEATURE WISE, AND ESPECIALLY STYLE AND THINK ABOUT THE VALUE. I WILL KEEP ADDING FEATURES THAT I HAVE NOT THOUGHT OF YET. ALSO, CONSIDER THE LOW MILEAGE FOR THE YEAR. If you would like any pictures other than what I have furnished please let me know. my email address is lukefloyd@comcast.net * *Luke

On Dec-28-11 at 15:48:27 PST, seller added the following information:
another thing that I forgot to mention is that this car has the factory cassette plus the six disc changer. also the phone system controls above the rear view mirror can be changed to a single disc. then you have single disc, six changer disc, and cassette. also, the first aid kit has never been used. also, the rear head rests are automatically controlled from the front. Luke

Jelmer
12-29-2011, 04:10 AM
http://images.wikia.com/kongregate/images/f/f5/CapsLock.jpg

I wonder why one would advertise the car as he did. As soon as someone comes over and does a thorough check-up, you'll have to eat your words.