PDA

View Full Version : Someone can help?

mbforever
05-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi.
Usually I can operate the elec. seats when the key is off and the door is open, but today after I took of the negative battery pool for two hours, the seats can now only be operate when the key is turn all the way to the right or when the car is running.

Someone knows what happened?

thang

500AMM
05-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi.
Usually I can operate the elec. seats when the key is off and the door is open, but today after I took of the negative battery pool for two hours, the seats can now only be operate when the key is turn all the way to the right or when the car is running.

Someone knows what happened?

thang

Hello secret Scandinaivan, nice to see others from the best part of the world. :-)

What car are you talking about here?

Cheers

mbforever
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi Arnt.
My car a 1992 500e.
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?1594-OWNER-mbforever

thang

500AMM
05-31-2012, 04:39 PM
OK, now I recall your cars. :-)

I've never had this problem, but my immediate thoughts goes to a bad contact on the door light switch. I guess that triggers the circuit for the seats and windows to work when the doors are open. But if so, then the interior light shouldn't work either.

Cheers

bing
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello secret Scandinaivan, nice to see others from the best part of the world. :-)

:sawzall::victorious:

500AMM
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
:sawzall::victorious:

OK Bing, let's include UK along with Scandinavia - you know the roots back to the Vikings, we have a lot in common. :-)

mbforever
06-01-2012, 03:35 AM
OK, now I recall your cars. :-)

I've never had this problem, but my immediate thoughts goes to a bad contact on the door light switch. I guess that triggers the circuit for the seats and windows to work when the doors are open. But if so, then the interior light shouldn't work either.

Cheers

Hi.
I just called an expert and he said it must have something to do with the comfort relay (white). He will have a look at it next week.

thang

mbforever
06-01-2012, 03:42 AM
OK Bing, let's include UK along with Scandinavia - you know the roots back to the Vikings, we have a lot in common. :-)

Funny. This car has been in UK from 1997 to 2009 and I bought it from Charles Ironside ltd.

500AMM
06-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Hi.
I just called an expert and he said it must have something to do with the comfort relay (white). He will have a look at it next week.

thang
Comfort relay?!?
(Another electrical unit to maintain, WTF!)

However, keep us posted on the solution. Thanks. :-)

gsxr
06-01-2012, 10:06 AM
The seats have nothing to do with the convenience relay (I assume that's what he meant by 'comfort' relay)... this affects the windows and locks, not the seats.

There is a diode that plugs in the rear of the fuse box with the other relays, that is related to seat operation with the key off. I'd check into that.

:detective: