PDA

View Full Version : front window relay?

NIGHT RAIDER
03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
my 2 front window are not working,i check for electric in wires there is no electric,so maybe the relay,but i dont know the location of that relays.:banger:

gsxr
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
The front window relays are part of the convenience module, which is a large relay below the left rear passenger seat cushion. This module rarely fails, check the fuses & switches first...

:detective:

NIGHT RAIDER
03-23-2013, 02:57 PM
its near the fuel relay?

NIGHT RAIDER
03-23-2013, 02:59 PM
since i bought the car the front windows not working,the fuses are ok,i check theres no electric in wires,then i think its from relay.

gsxr
03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
its near the fuel relay?

No, the fuel relay is on the passenger side. The convenience module is on the driver side.

Calspeed
05-10-2013, 04:49 PM
No, the fuel relay is on the passenger side. The convenience module is on the driver side.

Would this convenience module also operate the sunroof, power windows, high beam flasher (headlights off) and windows?

Easy to get to? Expensive?

Miguel

2phast
05-10-2013, 06:15 PM
The convenience module contains metal contact relays and the box itself is not hermetically sealed, so it can over time absorb moisture and the contacts get corroded. You should pull out the module, take it apart and clean the relay contact points. I have repaired about 10 of these this way. No guarantee that cleaning it will fix your problem though, so you may end up having to purchase another. I did run into a few that had solder problems and were not repairable.