PDA

View Full Version : No Headlights, No brakelights , No Clue

JohnP
04-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi, I have a 92 500e 153k miles. Both headlights and brakelights are not working, I thought it may be a blown fuse, fuse box under hood has no diagram attached under the lid. I replaced 10 of the 16 fuses with new ones I happened to have, though none looked bad, so I'm thinking I havent found the right fuse yet. Tail lights and f&r blinkers work. No new work or new electrical add ons made to the car. The SRS air bag light has been ON for a long time, no other idiot lights are on though. Is there another fuse box location? thanks for any thoughts. John

JohnP
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Welcome John, yep there's fuse boxes all over that car, under the backseat, in the trunk and under the dash on the drivers side- First keep taking off panels and removing seats until you find at least 3 boxes then just keep replacing fuses until your headlights and or brakelights come on and bingo you fixed it, if not.
it may be a relay or something else. lol

Jelmer
04-27-2013, 04:14 PM
How interesting, I never saw your thread. Well, despite you talking to yourself, a belated welcome :)

There are some other threads regarding broken lights, I would suggest using the search function.

Feel free to start a new thread in "Owners and their cars", this might help draw some attention. It also helps filling in at least some info in your profile, like country, age, etc.

gsxr
04-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Long shot... the headlights & brake lights both are routed through the "bulb out module" in the relay area behind the fuse box. It's the largest cube in there. I've never seen one fail, but if you could borrow one to swap out for 2 minutes, it would be worth a try. Other long shot would be the headlight switch, but that would affect headlights and rear marker lights, not rear brake lights.

:detective: