PDA

View Full Version : Inspecting the 38 pin connector

Maui
06-03-2014, 03:58 PM
I was wondering if is possible or even okay to remove the screws that attach the 38 pin connector to the can box to inspect the underside of it? Is there any slack in the wires under it to allow a good look at it? I want to make sure I didn't push any of the pins down through when I was checking codes.

Klink
06-03-2014, 04:11 PM
I was wondering if is possible or even okay to remove the screws that attach the 38 pin connector to the can box to inspect the underside of it? Is there any slack in the wires under it to allow a good look at it? I want to make sure I didn't push any of the pins down through when I was checking codes.
Yep, do it. I think we may have suggested that on your pulsation thread IIRC ?

gsxr
06-03-2014, 04:15 PM
I think you can remove the screws and it will pull up a bit, but I don't remember if there is enough slack to get a good look underneath.

If you are still getting the LED on the code reader illuminating, the socket is still making connection. I think it would be difficult to push one out the bottom by accident.

Did your GM/BM arrive yet?

:shocking:

Maui
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
No, I have not received the GM or DM module. Should be here by the end of the week. I just don't want to install the GM if there is something in the 38 pin connector causing a short.