PDA

View Full Version : Back to the original?

mercepor
05-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Dear Fellows,

Some painting job will be done on my car which is a E500 from 91. As you can see at my avatar the car is "facelifted", meaning that hood, trunk, blinkers are from the 94-95 period + bumpers, lower pannels color is 744 as the whole car. This is how I bought the car almost 10 years ago (it has 224km).
I am considering to go back to the original setup and change what is needed + paint the lower panels, bumpers to atlas gray (702).
Although I have in stock most of the parts (hood, trunk, blinkers), I will have to buy the headlights + painting the lower panels + bumpers and these will certainly :spend:

What do you think it is worth to "invest" in? Would it raise the market value of the car with the money spent on it?
Your advise is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Glasgo_Chris
05-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Welcome,

silver is probably my favorite color on the "facelifted" cars. I would leave the car as is. I feel their are two groups of buyers, the purists and the "hot rod" guys, so to speak. Their are people who only see value in an all original car and then their are people like me who see big value in the time and money spent to do the conversion. In the end of the day you should have it set it up how you like best, their will be a buyer for it either way if you are looking to sell soon.

regards,
Chris

sheward
05-25-2015, 11:06 AM
+1

drew