Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Russia with love - but living in Norway

Dag

From Russia with love - but living in Norway

Hi people

I'm new to this forum, and I just want to put up some pictures of my newly acquired 1993 500E. Although I picked the car up in Poland, this car came from Russia - Kaliningrad to be more presise.
    The car was registered for the first time March 24th 1993 in Germany, and exported to Russia in 2010 in lieu of a w124 300 Diesel due to some strange import rules they used to have.

The color is 481 Bornit Metallic. It was repainted after it came to Russia. Seems like a very good repaint. It has some very minor faults (at least that I have found) - duo valves might be up for a clean, outside temperature display shows totally wrong temperature (too cold), and sometimes there is a flapping/clicking sound from under the dashboard.

It has a steering wheel, exhaust system and 19" rims from Brabus. 245/35-19 up front and 275/30-19 at the back. It also has a russian alarm system by the name of Sheriff 1070 - quite advanced, but I cannot find a manual in any other language than Russian

At the moment the car is on russian plates, put it will very soon be put on Norwegian plates.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by little_e; 09-26-2016 at 02:21 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

500AMM (09-29-2016), Christian_K (08-12-2017), Eno (09-26-2016), gsxr (09-26-2016), jnes (09-25-2016), KoLoS (05-17-2017), lowman (09-26-2016), Melville (09-25-2016), Roma_500E (10-01-2016), Russell R Coe (08-14-2017)

Re: From Russia with love - but living in Norway

I'm in lurve with your wheels!
    Greg
    '94 E500
    '03 E320 4Matic Wagon (W210)
    '08 G55

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 8899 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Dag

Thanks I will probably need some TÜV-papers on those

Nice looking car little_e. Welcome to the forum.

I hope we we see more of you and your new ride.

Take Care
    Terry

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

hey Little E
    Welcome to the forum...( og velkommen fra Stefan,,,meg som har e500e Norge gruppa på facebooken

Car looks super nice..im glad to help if you need any help.
    Hepp hepp
    1992 w124 500e "Blackbeauty"
    1989 w201 190e 2.5-16 Evo spec "Evoltwin"
    2003 Ford Focus Rs (Sold )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

little_e (09-26-2016)

Welcome to the forum and more pictures please. The color is one of my favorites. I've never seen in person only in pictures.

1992 500E
    1994 E500
    1995 E320 Wagon (sold)
    2011 E550 4Matic

I know this car and i know former owner. Welcome here, good buy.
    Last edited by 036; 09-26-2016 at 02:17 AM.
    You can´t treat a car like a human.
    You must love it. (c) Walter Röhrl.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 036 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-26-2016)

Dag

Thanks! The car seems to be functioning quite good, there are a couple of small faults that I was made aware of - but other than that there are no squeeks, rattles, bangs or clanks. And the stance... I love it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-26-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by little_e View Post
    Hi people

I'm new to this forum, and I just want to put up some pictures of my newly acquired 1993 500E. Although I picked the car up in Poland, this car came from Russia - Kaliningrad to be more presise.
    The car was registered for the first time March 24th 1993 in Germany, and exported to Russia in 2010 in lieu of a w124 300 Diesel due to some strange import rules they used to have.
    Hi mate - and welcome to the forum!

Your car looks great, and I am happy to see another countrymen joining the board! That Russian import sounds strange, but supposed the car is untouched is this the 1st original Bornit here in Norway. It is another Bornit here as well, which is a rebuild car due to the cosmic import tax. I would highly appreciate some info about your car to update my little register on Norwegian 036 cars, so please PM me if you don't mind. All info is kept confidentially, except for the VIN numbers to contribute to Gerry's VIN register. I hope this Norwegian register will have some value for the posterity at some point.

Good luck with your car!

Quote Originally Posted by lowman View Post
    hey Little E
    ...( og velkommen fra Stefan,,,meg som har e500e Norge gruppa på facebooken
    I haven't noticed that FB group, but I'm not on Facebook either. I hope it runs fine.
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 500AMM For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-30-2016)

Dag

The car was sold new in Germany, then exported to Russia in 2010. According to the datasheet, the original color is 481, and that is - as far as I know - Bornit. You cannot alter the datasheet - can you? It actually says in the Russian documents that this car (with VIN) was imported in place of a different car (w124 with VIN).

It seems to run fine, but as always - I would want for more power

17. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (10-01-2016)

I know the former owner too .

Very honest and intellegent young gentlemen.

He is very passionate abt Mercedes and particularly 036.

Car should be in outstanding condition.

Lots of nice goodies like rear door sun shade , brabus stuff and so on.

Congratulations, you purchased a truly good 036 .
    500E 1 of 15

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Roma_500E For This Useful Post:

TerryA (10-08-2016)

Dag

Yes, the former owner seemed very honest. As mentioned before, the car has a very few minor bugs/flaws that I was made aware of, but other than that it runs fine. I'm growing more and more fond of it every day.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (10-03-2016)

Dag

The car was finally put on Norwegian plates about a month ago, and I got around to take some pictures

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

500AMM (05-11-2017), Eno (05-11-2017), gsxr (05-10-2017), JC220 (05-10-2017), Matin (05-10-2017), SayHey (05-17-2017), sheward (05-10-2017), TerryA (08-11-2017)

Dag

But this car is of course not trouble free.
    The two issues I have (atm) is that the heater controls (manual AC) is a bit wonky, so the duo valves need cleaning. Fair enough.
    Another problem I'm facing is that the outside temperature display is *always* showing less than the actual temperature - about 10 C to little.
    Would it be the sensor or something else?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Another problem I'm facing is that the outside temperature display is *always* showing less than the actual temperature - about 10 C to little.
    Very likely to be a faulty sensor at the front bumper. Much less likely, but remotely possible, is a faulty display in the cluster.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

But this car is of course not trouble free.
    The two issues I have (atm) is that the heater controls (manual AC) is a bit wonky, so the duo valves need cleaning. Fair enough.
    This is a classic symptom of a faulty digital display, not the bumper mounted sensor. Spoken from experience.

Change out the digital display and you'll be all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

29. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

love the way this car looks ! good luck with it ! There are few more 500e 036s for sale in russia now, they do an amazing job on restoring these cars in moscow, I follow few of the guys on Instagram, some of those cars are amazing

31. The Following User Says Thank You to carreraboy911 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Dag

I have been suspecting that my 500E is not performing the way it should, and I got a dude to read my codes with some Mercedes fancy machine. I got a code on the air flow meter (voltage too high/low) (the previous owner had been running some kind of oily KN air filter), along with some other non-related codes. I tried driving the car with the air flow meter disconnected, but performance did not change at all. I can really feel the car holding back. New ignition parts are ordered, I will pick it up today, but would be unrelated. All codes was cleared, and when I - today - tried to blink out the codes, there weren't any codes.

So I tried the following: Driving with MAF disconnected - car performs the same (holds back, I can really feel it)
    Disconnected vacuum connection to EZL - idle changed a little, engine did not stall

The car also seems to run a bit rich.

Should I just purchase a new air flow meter, or how should I investigate further?
    Last edited by little_e; 08-11-2017 at 05:12 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

you should read the maf live values..to see what is going on.
    You can try to clean the maf sensor..especially if it has been running with "stupid" KN filters...which is a NO GO on a car with maf sensor.If there is no difference in performance with the maf sensor disconnected..it is a possibility that the maf sensor is faulty.But there is NO guarantee until you have checked the live values...and short and long term fuel trim.
    A MAF sensor rarely gives any faultcodes..im not shure on our e500e"s...but on your typical "car"...a faulty maf is not throwing any faultcodes,,,unless it is the power wire to it that is at fault.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Dag

So Star Diagnose would be able to read live values I would say.

Would it be possible that the blink-system could not catch the codes? That there are codes stored in the system, but the blinker doesn't catch them?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

So Star Diagnose would be able to read live values I would say.

Would it be possible that the blink-system could not catch the codes? That there are codes stored in the system, but the blinker doesn't catch them?

i have never used blink codes on "our" cars,ive only used Star diagnostics,and various other diagnostics...but yes...the values can be read by using either Star...OR othe diagnost equipment with live data readouts.
    Like i said also...Maf sensor fault RARELY throws any codes...its mainly the sensor circuit that fails..and that does not throw faultcodes,it will only throw faultcode if the power supply to the maf is gone,or the "hot wire" circuit is faulty.

its hard to say if you should just buy another Maf...as they are pretty expensive...but if i could afford it..i would get a new one..as getting a new one will never be a bad things now when these cars are getting as old as they are
    But as a rule of "thumb"...when a maf sensor is disconnected...and the car runs STILL as bad as before...then often it is the maf sensor.But you SHOULD also check for vacum leaks around the engine before going any further

39. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Dag

I've fitted new ignition parts - rotors, distributor caps, spark plug wires including the wires for the coils and new spark plugs. The old ones were incorrect.
    I also cleaned the MAF, but there wasn't any noticeable change in the car's behaviour at all. I found a couple of small cracks in the small hoses for crankcase ventilation/EVAP-system, I will order them next week - however, I don't think that should affect performance this much. It really feels as if the car is missing like 100 HP.

Is it possible that something more serious than MAF could be wrong? The timing chain being set wrong, the electronic throttle etc?

41. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

I've fitted new ignition parts - rotors, distributor caps, spark plug wires including the wires for the coils and new spark plugs. The old ones were incorrect.
    I also cleaned the MAF, but there wasn't any noticeable change in the car's behaviour at all. I found a couple of small cracks in the small hoses for crankcase ventilation/EVAP-system, I will order them next week - however, I don't think that should affect performance this much. It really feels as if the car is missing like 100 HP.

Is it possible that something more serious than MAF could be wrong? The timing chain being set wrong, the electronic throttle etc?
    vacum leaks can cause severe power loss indeed.There could also be other faults on the car..but it is impossible to tell.withouth fault code readout from the Star.if there is NO faultcodes..i would trace vacum leaks..and possible maf sensor fault...and getting some read outs of the live data.But i would also check the timing on the engine

Does the car shift gears normal?or does it feel like its just "skipping" gears...up to a higher gear?is there any kick down?

Dag

The transmission shifts flawlessly through all gears. No problems. Kickdown works perfectly.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

lowman (08-13-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Have you cleared all codes, then driven the car to see which codes (if any) return quickly?

If the car is drastically down on power, first start by checking the engine number stamped on the block to confirm it's a 5L (don't laugh - a forum member in Europe found his car had a 4.2L engine swapped in!), and also confirm the LH module is the correct 5L module. If low end power is ok but top end is weak, consider measuring exhaust backpressure to check for partially plugged catalysts. Assuming there are zero misfires (should be fine with all new ignition parts) I'd also check fuel pressure when driving, this requires setting up a fuel pressure gauge you can view from behind the wheel with the hood down, need to confirm pressure remains in spec under load.

But anyway, I'd start with codes first...

Dag

The engine is stamped 119.974. That is a 5.0 as far as I know. The 4.2 was the 119.975.
    Codes were checked with some electronic machine, cleared, car was driven for a couple of days and I tried to blink them out. I did not get any codes. I will get codes read again with the same electronic machine that read my codes the first time, just for double checking.

On a 1000 km trip, average fuel consumption was 12 l/100 km.
    To give you a picture of power loss, a CLK 200 Kompressor managed to keep up with me. Engine does not consume oil/coolant.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

gsxr (08-12-2017), lowman (08-13-2017), TerryA (08-14-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

119.974 is correct, so that is good news. Next check is the LH module, pull the CAN box lid and read the part number, or post a photo of the modules.

If my maths are correct, fuel consumption of 12 l/100 km is about 19mpg US? That's normal for a long trip at freeway speeds.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

Dag

Will do that tomorrow.
    Got a dude here in Lithuania (I'm on a holiday) to use Star Diagnostics on the car.
    There are no fault codes stored, the electronic throttle seems to be in fully working order, he adapted everything and he said that if he should point the finger to anything, the engine is running a tad lean (MAF is pulling a bit too much air, at least according to the values). He told me to replace the all the vacuum hoses first, if it didn't help - get a new MAF.

If it is of any interest, MAF value on idle was 17-18 something, he said it should be around 14 something?

51. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

If it is of any interest, MAF value on idle was 17-18 something, he said it should be around 14 something?
    17-18 kg/hr is normal airflow at idle. 14 is way low. Unless there are error codes pointing at the MAF, don't get too excited about it being defective. As a quick test, disconnect the MAF and go for a test drive. If the performance doesn't change much (if at all), the MAF is probably not the issue.

53. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

Dag

That has already been tried, and nothing changed.
    So basically everything seems to be in order, but the engine just doesn’t perform - and a car that has 160 hp outruns me. Sweet.

55. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    17-18 kg/hr is normal airflow at idle. 14 is way low. Unless there are error codes pointing at the MAF, don't get too excited about it being defective. As a quick test, disconnect the MAF and go for a test drive. If the performance doesn't change much (if at all), the MAF is probably not the issue.

you are getting it wrong.mister G ..if you disconnect the maf...and there is no change ..or little changes...it WILL be more likely that the maf is the culprit.disconnecting the maf on a functioning car will make the car run poor..

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

i really have a strong feeling about it beeing a vacum leak somewhere...especially since there is no fault code..
    have you checked the emissions?

58. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by lowman View Post
    you are getting it wrong.mister G ..if you disconnect the maf...and there is no change ..or little changes...it WILL be more likely that the maf is the culprit.disconnecting the maf on a functioning car will make the car run poor..
    With the MAF disconnected, the system goes into a "fixed operating" mode. If the MAF readings are way off, the fixed mode may cause the engine to run better. Depends on just how far off the MAF readings are.

Ideally, you'd want to swap in a different MAF for test purposes. Or get airflow readings at higher RPM and under load, but the numbers won't help unless you have a known-good car to compare against.

60. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

ive never seen that before..so i guess it could very much be true..but that is not my experience at all.
    the fixed mode or "safe" mode usually is a "limp home" mode...enough to drive the car..but NOT get the performance it SHOULD have...

62. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

if i remember ..i can see if i can get some readings of the maf in my car tomorrow...just to compare.but the values seem to indicate a lean condition in his car..meaning vacum leak.

64. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

Dag

I have not checked emissions, but the dude that helped me did - as I wrote - a full adaptation, and the oxygen sensor is within spesifications.
    I would love if you could get a readout of the MAF tomorrow

66. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

I have not checked emissions, but the dude that helped me did - as I wrote - a full adaptation, and the oxygen sensor is within spesifications.
    ill see what i can do tomorrow .

68. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

Very nice. Enjoy!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

70. The Following User Says Thank You to Super-Otto For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-14-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

i checked today..but the multiplexer 38 pin connector on the diagnostic tools we got at work... does not work so i have no way of checking my car at the moment.but i will let you know if i come up with something
    Last edited by lowman; 08-16-2017 at 09:21 AM.

72. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

I must ask. This spring, the left camshaft adjuster was replaced by a company here in Norway. I noticed that it has a 104-number, but the right one has a 119-number. Could this be a part of the problem?

74. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

I must ask. This spring, the left camshaft adjuster was replaced by a company here in Norway. I noticed that it has a 104-number, but the right one has a 119-number. Could this be a part of the problem?
    The solenoid with 104- number is original. The 119- is a valid replacement if the armature inside was also replaced. This is detailed in the M119 factory servuce manual.

76. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

I took a picture of the ECUs today.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...9JZVRJanJOVXNj

To me they all check out, but please..
    Comments?
    Last edited by little_e; 08-15-2017 at 04:48 AM.

78. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Module numbers all look correct.

80. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

So what are we left with...
    Modules are correct. Engine is a M119.974.
    No fault codes of any kind with Star Diagnose or the old blink blink-system.
    MAF seems to give readings when connected to the Star Diagnostic system.

The engine pulls through the entire rev range up to red line, but the pull isn't good enough, since a 193 PS CLK Kompressor had no problems keeping up with me.

Towmorrow I will replace some vacuum lines in the engine area, but I won't hold my breath.
    I do now that the former owner replace the timing chain - could it be one tooth off? Would this affect performance this much?
    Last edited by little_e; 08-15-2017 at 01:03 PM.

82. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

As I mentioned back in post #25, I'd measure exhaust backpressure, since you are running out of options. Plugged catalysts and inadequate of fuel flow will not trigger any error codes.

It would be good to check the cam timing however even 1 tooth off WILL NOT cause a drastic power loss. And more than 1 tooth off would likely cause bigger problems, like bent valves...

84. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

I would like to mention that with the Star Macine I go a fault code saying it couldn’t connect to the DI module. This is correct, as far as I know? No fault codes with the blink-system.
    When I get home I will have fue pressure, exhausr backpressure and cam timing checked.

86. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

But it the cats are clogged - shouldn’t the engine overheat?

88. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-16-2017)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

But it the cats are clogged - shouldn’t the engine overheat?
    No, not necessarily.

We've seen several cases of this happening where the engine power just drops off at higher RPMs because the engine can't breathe. At lower RPMs the operation is fine.

You should definitely check exhaust back-pressure throughout the rev range. You may well find the culprit.

90. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

gsxr (08-16-2017), TerryA (08-16-2017)

Dag

I see. Tonight I will replace some worn vacuum hoses and I will see how it goes. I'm not getting my hopes up. Next week I'm returning home from holiday, and I will have the chance to look more at this. I will report back

92. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Vacuum issues are mostly going to cause rough running, high idle and various other issues like that as the fuel and air-management systems try to compensate for a vacuum leak.

I would also as indicated try to swap in a used & known-good MAF, as well as replacing your coils with known-good ones. Coils are often overlooked.

Is your power down across the board, or does your car perform well "off the line"? Generally when we've seen cars with high/notable power drop-offs, it has indeed been plugged cats.

Hopefully a live data test on a SDS system will eliminate the MAF and any coil issues, and you can focus on the exhaust/backpressure as a possible cause.

94. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

Have you checked that both fuel pumps are running?
    Another thing..has the car been like this since you got it?or did it just happen over night?

96. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

gsxr (08-16-2017), TerryA (08-28-2017)

Dag

If it was always like this? I’m not sure. I have two other cars, the daily driver being an electric. This car and the other petrol car rarely sees usage, so I cannot really answer that one. Actually, this is the only long trip I’ve ever driven the car, except for picking it up. I normally just drive it around the city.

I have not checked the fuel pumps, because I have not any way of doing that here (I’m on a holiday).

I would say that it performs well off the line (ASR lamp kicks in even on dry asphalt in second gear on take-off), but on higher rpms and when you floor it, you get this... «was that it»-feeling?

Dag

So. Basically. The shop rang me. They couldn't find any faults, neither did they car produce any new fault codes.

...oh what to do. The car just doesn't perform. 0-100 kph = 10,5 seconds... but no faults... lol

99. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

bring te car to Stavanger..and ill fix it
    Have you checked emissions? did you check the fuel pumps?have you checked backpressure in the exhaust?have you checked fuel pressure?

101. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Low fuel pressure, or high exhaust backpressure, WILL NOT trigger any codes.

103. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Low fuel pressure, or high exhaust backpressure, WILL NOT trigger any codes.

Low fuel P, should give some "starvation issue" collapsed cat, cat's may not show around Town but when, pressing on. One should
    be able to hear feel the probable back P, I Think...
    '92 500E 6.0 AMG
    '93 400E 5.0 AMG
    '96 E50 AMG
    '96 CL500
    '99 C43 AMG

105. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxi Driver For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-28-2017)

I would definately check cats indeed.

107. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve119 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-03-2017)

Dag

The car is still at the shop, but they found one fault. The oxygen sensor was broken (not defective, broken!). I have no idea as to how the LH-system reacts to that, but you people might know?

109. The Following User Says Thank You to little_e For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-03-2017)

If it is like most systems, it will not use the sensor signal at WOT. But of course it's a good find and should be replaced

111. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve119 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-03-2017)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

The car is still at the shop, but they found one fault. The oxygen sensor was broken (not defective, broken!). I have no idea as to how the LH-system reacts to that, but you people might know?
    im unsure how it reacts to a faulty O2 sensor...my car had a faulty O2 sensor also..and it was NOT slow...BUT on the other hand...if it has been default at a longer period of time...it could result in a clogged catalyst because of improper fueling.

113. The Following User Says Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

TerryA (09-03-2017)