Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OWNER - Benz

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Re: OWNER - Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Stevester 500E View Post
    Quiz..."can a non ASR ETA work with a car with ARS "deleted"?
    Talk to Jono about that one. I believe he did this on a track rat? May work for a race car, but I'm pretty sure you would not want to have it in a street car.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by nocfn View Post
    me thinks a pic of the 500e got published in the donor car pictures post 152, the heat wrap air tubes.
    You are right! And that solves the mystery. The engine compartment photo is not of the salvage E420, it's from some other car, probably an E500E.

If you look closely at the junkyard E420 with the hood up, you can see the ABS unit behind the driver headlight, confirming it's a non-ASR car. I thought that engine compartment looked awfully nice for a rusted-out 034!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Benz (05-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    You are right! And that solves the mystery. The engine compartment photo is not of the salvage E420, it's from some other car, probably an E500E.

If you look closely at the junkyard E420 with the hood up, you can see the ABS unit behind the driver headlight, confirming it's a non-ASR car. I thought that engine compartment looked awfully nice for a rusted-out 034!

Indeed lol thank God the fgs was at least good . I posted that pic of my car with the wrapped tubes as i took the colored engine cover from the yard car oops lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

emerydc8 (05-31-2017), gsxr (06-01-2017)

Hey guys so I was able to wire my sub and while I had my seats out I decided to leatherique the seats its been a little over a day now Ill be doing the second step tmrw morning.

I also decided to paint my callipers as if I didnt have enough going on haha.

Before leatherique

Last pic is with the first step on

Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

Roma_500E (07-01-2017)

Mark,

What paint brand on the calipers? Just curious.

Seats will look great when your done.
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
    Mark,

What paint brand on the calipers? Just curious.

Seats will look great when your done.
    Hey Terry ,

The seats are done and look great they are the two previous pics I posted. They are matte like factory and not shiny and greasy looking anymore.

The caliper paint I used was VHT high temp bright red . Its used for Headers but I have used it on all my cars in the past and it lasts for a long time.

A few updates !

Its been a bust couple of weeks with the E . I was able to install the fgs and change the trans pan gasket filter etc. the car is much more fun to drive ! It was not as bad as some have mentioned all though I encountered some thunderstorms and had to finish in the rain ! I managed to not make a mess.

I also ran a resonator delete and a muffler delete for about a week. I was testing the waters on what sound I wanted. I purchased a used Remus back box for a w124 and had it installed the other day. As I was leaving the muffler shop I wanted to hear the sound at higher rps and ended up getting a speeding ticket haha. I havent had one in years but what can you do its the end of the month quota is due. 60 in a 35 supposedly.

Needless to say the backbox is much quieter than no muffler which I am a bit disappointed with. Although no muffler was very droney at highway deceleration .

With that being said I may consider selling the backbox or installig a cutout which will allow me to drive quietly when I choose and have some rumble when I please.

Also some shots of Eurohangar in Michigan this past weekend

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

gsxr (06-29-2017), Hakie (06-30-2017), nocfn (06-29-2017), Roma_500E (07-01-2017), ZombieBranz (06-29-2017)

Mark,

Did I read you right the no muffler or resonator for about a week? With nothing behind the CATs it has to sound like a garbage truck. That would get old pretty fast.

On the REMUS is it rated at the 240 kw? or for a smaller six cylinder motor. If it's smaller than the required 240 kw on the M119 it's not letting enough exhaust thru.

Also I can't believe that you would be disappointed in the REMUS sound if your running a Y-pipe in lieu of the resonator.

With my RENTECH back box I had to remove my TV-Y-Pipe it was just to loud. After about a week I redid the resonator Y-Pipe with a Magnaflow muffler for a Camero adapted to the original MB resonator in and out pipes.
    Terry

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TerryA For This Useful Post:

gsxr (06-30-2017), JC220 (07-01-2017), Roma_500E (07-01-2017)

Well it sounded like a nice garbage truck then lol. Ill attach the part number of the remus , dont get me wrong it sounds good I just like louder . Maybe you want my remus for the Renntech if its louder .

Ill post a sound clip on youtube and provide the link later today

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-30-2017)

Here is the link to the exhaust its better to listen with headphones

https://youtu.be/gvk5ewfS6fw

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-30-2017), Trae (06-30-2017)

What do you mean by 'leatherique'? Is it a product brand? The result looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    Hey Terry ,

The seats are done and look great they are the two previous pics I posted. They are matte like factory and not shiny and greasy looking anymore.

The caliper paint I used was VHT high temp bright red . Its used for Headers but I have used it on all my cars in the past and it lasts for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam SL View Post
    What do you mean by 'leatherique'? Is it a product brand? The result looks amazing.
    Yes it is a product brand called leatherique . I would say it is the best product for leather on the market but I could be wrong.

Mark,

That sounds pretty good but I am not willing to trade. Besides I think I promised gsxr that if I sold anything it would be to him. BUT I am not selling what I have because I have to many $$$ into it and finally got it tuned in pretty well.

I have a clip but I have never posted anything on U-Tube and it's kinda speeding on the street and my license plate shows BUT I'm not driving I'm filming. Maybe someday I'll learn how to post on the tube.
    Terry

Mark,

That sounds pretty good but I am not willing to trade. Besides I think I promised gsxr that if I sold anything it would be to him. BUT I am not selling what I have because I have to many $$$ into it and finally got it tuned in pretty well.

I have a clip but I have never posted anything on U-Tube and it's kinda speeding on the street and my license plate shows BUT I'm not driving I'm filming. Maybe someday I'll learn how to post on the tube.
    Haha no worries,
    Would you say it was a as loud as your renntech pr quiter . Or does it sound like your current setup. I wanted to get a renntech setup but finding one is impossible so I jumped on this one. It still sounds sweet but wish it was a bit louder . Would love to hear your setup. If you have youtube on your iphone or android you can record a video and directly upload via your cell phone. Very easy

The 8 second clip is TV Y-Pipe and RENTECH Backbox and is a little louder. It's not just reving it up at a standstill. A friend accelerated away from me to his corner stop sign.

I think yours sounds smoother and a little quieter but it's hard to tell from a clip.

FYI, gsxr has a dyno run clip of his car w/ a REMUS and a Y-Pipe set up. I'm sure he could point you to it.

Also the serial number on your REMUS does not state the size kw of the muffler M119 is supposed to be 240 kw.
    Terry

The 8 second clip is TV Y-Pipe and RENTECH Backbox and is a little louder. It's not just reving it up at a standstill. A friend accelerated away from me to his corner stop sign.

I think yours sounds smoother and a little quieter but it's hard to tell from a clip.

FYI, gsxr has a dyno run clip of his car w/ a REMUS and a Y-Pipe set up. I'm sure he could point you to it.

Also the serial number on your REMUS does not state the size kw of the muffler M119 is supposed to be 240 kw.
    Awesome ill have to check it out.
    I am going to have my friend drive my car so I get a listen to it outside of the car with a drive-bye. Hmm ill have to look into the kw it came from a w124 e420 I was told.

Thanks for the info !

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (07-01-2017)

Maybe someone can chime in on the model number of my remus

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (07-12-2017)

Coming soon !

I know some of you will bash the chrome but I like it and im getting these for a steal !

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

gsxr (07-12-2017), TerryA (07-12-2017), Trae (07-12-2017)

Rims are on and my monos sold .

Going to ny to look at this sl for the wife next weekend . It has some bbs rs2 wheels om it

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

Eno (08-02-2017), JC220 (07-16-2017), TerryA (07-16-2017)

Drove the sl back from NY 13 hours no ac that was fun haha.

Great car super fun to drive .

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

Eno (08-02-2017), Jlaa (08-02-2017), nocfn (08-02-2017), TerryA (08-02-2017)

Great color combination. Nice find!
    W108 '71 280SE
    W123 '84 300D
    W124 '92 500E
    W124 '93 500E
    R129 '98 SL600

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmwind For This Useful Post:

Benz (08-02-2017), TerryA (08-02-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Nice! What year is the SL?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Benz (08-02-2017)

Mark,

Very Nice!! I love the wheels. Put up some more pics and info when you have the time.

I hope your wife likes the car. She should.

Take Care
    Terry

40. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryA For This Useful Post:

Benz (08-02-2017)

Beautiful rims on both cars, especially the chrome E500 rims.
    The 1991 500SL looks great

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Eno For This Useful Post:

Benz (08-02-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

For grins, swap the wheels between cars! They are plug + play on both.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Benz (08-02-2017)

Nice! What year is the SL?
    1993 500sl and I told my wife I can swap the rims she was like noo ! They are mine haha I told her not permanently just for a week or so. Im just looking things over and needs a few small things. It has had some bigger service items done.

Needs ac compressor,
    Wiper motor gets stuck in first speed
    All fuses were corroded and so I have a new set of what I think are the new copper ones on the way.
    Needs strut mounts,
    Alignment, could use some new wood. Cleaned it up nicely though. Fog lamp lense has a crack. Needs hood insulation. Alignment ant rear tires as current ones have camber wear.
    Oil pressure low light is on I believe it is the sensor inside the oil pan?

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

1993 - sweet. That's basically the same engine as your 500E, same LH injection system, etc.

Complete fog lights may not cost much more than lenses, and I'd replace both & add Lamin-X to the new ones. There is no adjustment for rear camber, unless you buy something like Megan Racing camber arms to save the fat rear tires. Oil pressure sender is external, at the bottom of the filter housing. Oil level sender is inside the oil pan. You should drop the oil pan when changing the oil to check for chain rail debris, if you find anything, pull the valve covers next. You should pull the valve covers on ANY new M119 purchase to check the chain rails... cheap insurance.

Mark,

Very Nice!! I love the wheels. Put up some more pics and info when you have the time.

I hope your wife likes the car. She should.

Take Care
    Wifes idea actually after showing her several she caved haha. And I found a good one. 18X8.5 18x9.5 BBS RS 2 I beleive three piece ? They are worth half the cars value sadly. I only paid 5500 for the car .

Super clean body no rust no dents . First pic of when I saw it. Tested out the extra 20mm spacers I had but front was rubbing and stuck out 5mm too much . So there will be no spacers on here since its not my car otherwise... lol I might sneak some one later.

With 20mm spacers in front which are off now and forum member Dario may be purchasing .

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

nocfn (08-05-2017), RicardoD (08-02-2017), TerryA (08-02-2017)

all good info thank you sir ! So unless I buy camber arms I will be shredding inner walls of the tires. How do I know which oil unit to change I guess do the easier one first since it's probably not expensive and I did notice some oil buildup around the one under the oil filter housing. But it is most likely the oil level sender inside the pan because the check oil light is on ? Or I can just pull the bulb out lol How would would I know if the chain rails are failing would I see cracks etc.

1993 - sweet. That's basically the same engine as your 500E, same LH injection system, etc.

Complete fog lights may not cost much more than lenses, and I'd replace both & add Lamin-X to the new ones. There is no adjustment for rear camber, unless you buy something like Megan Racing camber arms to save the fat rear tires. Oil pressure sender is external, at the bottom of the filter housing. Oil level sender is inside the oil pan. You should drop the oil pan when changing the oil to check for chain rail debris, if you find anything, pull the valve covers next. You should pull the valve covers on ANY new M119 purchase to check the chain rails... cheap insurance.