Thread: Annual Show & Shine in the Seattle area

Annual Show & Shine in the Seattle area

Annual Regional Show & Shine

Sunday, August 13th, 10:00 am — Mountlake Terrace

By Debbie Ward
    Time to dust off any cobwebs, polish the chrome, wax and buff the paint and take a fine-toothed comb over your favorite Mercedes and sign it up for this year’s Annual Regional Show & Shine at the Nile Golf & Country Club just north of Seattle. In addition to the largest area display of Mercedes-Benz owned by MBCA Northwest Region member, this event offers People’s Choice voting with awards & trophies, local dealer & vendor displays, gift basket ticket sales with proceeds benefiting our charity of the year, door prizes & demonstrations.

Now is time to pre-register your cars & to reserve a Western BBQ lunch by NW Signature Events & Catering. Lunch includes Texas Style BBQ Brisket, Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Tangy Citrus BBQ Chicken, Pineapple Corn Muffins w/Honey Butter, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad, Soda, Water and Dessert.

Location: The Nile Golf & Country Club, 6601 244th Street SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA. Take exit 177 (State Route 104) off I-5. Travel west 3/10th of a mile & make a right into the club.

Registration Fee: $15 per person for lunch, $10 for registration of your first car & $5 for registration for each additional car you place in the show. Registration & payment is due by Wednesday, August 9, 2017 so that we can have your registration packet ready & provide the caterers with a lunch count.

Schedule of Events:
    10 AM to 11:30 AM Benzes are Staged by Category
    11:00 AM to 1:00 PM People’s Choice Judging
    12 Noon to 1:00 PM Picnic Lunch
    1:30 PM to 2:00 PM Announcements, Door Prizes & Awards

Charity of the Year: Raffle tickets will be sold for a chance to win a prize basket to support our selected charity of the year, the Treehouse for Kids. Treehouse invests in the lives of young people who have faced the deep wounds from a crisis of parenting, by helping them to secure the essential education, basic material needs & social experiences they equally deserve. Their website is www.treehouseforkids.org for more information.

Donations: If you have a raffle item to donate and/or are willing to volunteer to help the day of the event, please contact Debbie Ward at jazznlady@comcast.net or (253) 278-2314.

Local Hotels: Our out of town members may enjoy an overnight stay in a nearby hotel close to the Nile Golf & Country Club & shopping at the Alderwood Mall. The Embassy Suites Hotel Seattle North/Lynnwood, located at 20610 – 44th Ave W in Lynnwood, offers complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, an evening manager’s reception with drinks & appetizers & two room suites starting at $227 per night. Contact them directly at (425)775-2500 for reservations. Another option is La Quinta Inn located at 4300 Alderwood Mall Boulevard in Lynnwood. They are a pet friendly hotel & offer a continental breakfast with rates starting at $139 per night. Contact them directly at (425) 775-7447 for reservations.

Whether new or old, a garage queen or a fixer-upper, a concourse car or a daily driver, be sure to enter your Mercedes in the show. The Nile’s easy access location, grassy field & superb picnic facilities have helped make this event one of the club’s most well attended and we look forward to meeting and greeting members from all across the Northwest.
    See you there!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxersix For This Useful Post:

jonie13 (08-04-2017), TerryA (08-04-2017)

Re: Annual Show & Shine in the Seattle area

Sounds like fun. Wish I would have known sooner. Maybe next year.

1992 500E
    1994 E500
    1995 E320 Wagon (sold)
    2011 E550 4Matic

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maui For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-04-2017)

FWIW. If your not a MBCA member, they won't let you display your car. At best, if they "like you" or your car, they may let you display your car but you won't be eligible for a award.
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-04-2017)

I'll be there, although I'm not sure what I'll be bringing yet. It's always a fun show, plenty of old and new cars.

Boxersix, are you bringing your 500E? I know we've talked in the past, I look forward to meeting you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SG-Motorsports For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

Hey SG,
    I live across Puget Sound in Poulsbo and with the cost and ridiculous lines on the weekends for the ferry boats I might pass. Have you registered for the event or are you just going to show up?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxersix For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-11-2017)

All I checked with the local MB Club about dropping in on the Show N Shine and this was the response:

We’d love to see you come out for the Show & Shine & yes, you can register Sunday morning.
    Your car would be shown as part of our “Display Class” category as only club members
    are eligible to win an award. If you decide to join before Sunday, you can go to www.mbca.org/join
    Just email me some type of receipt that you joined & I’ll enter you in the judging category.

So I will be making the trek across the Sound to join in on the fun. SG- I look forward to meeting you. I'll lean on Alex from MAX RPM to join in with one of his Mercs as well. Maybe he'll bring out his breathed on CLK Black Series for show n tell.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxersix For This Useful Post:

Maui (08-11-2017), TerryA (08-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
    All I checked with the local MB Club about dropping in on the Show N Shine and this was the response:

We’d love to see you come out for the Show & Shine & yes, you can register Sunday morning.
    Your car would be shown as part of our “Display Class” category as only club members
    are eligible to win an award. If you decide to join before Sunday, you can go to www.mbca.org/join
    Just email me some type of receipt that you joined & I’ll enter you in the judging category.

So I will be making the trek across the Sound to join in on the fun. SG- I look forward to meeting you. I'll lean on Alex from MAX RPM to join in with one of his Mercs as well. Maybe he'll bring out his breathed on CLK Black Series for show n tell.
    Excellent, I'm glad to hear you're coming! I hope the weather holds out, the forecast is currently showing rain for Sunday. FWIW, I'll be going rain or shine, but I only live about 6 miles away. But if you wake up to rain it may not be worth the trip, because there won't be many cars there I would assume.

The BBQ lunch is usually pretty good. I had registered for my dad as well but he won't be able to make it now, so you can have his lunch reservation if you weren't able to make the cut off.

See you Sunday

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SG-Motorsports For This Useful Post:

TerryA (08-12-2017)

Great! I'll come rain or shine, its Seattle we take what we can get! and the afternoon is supposed to be sunny according to the weather reports. My friend Alex will be coming. I am looking forward to meeting you.

2phast - Are you planning to come? It would be good to meet you also.

Cheers,
    Boxersix

E500 Apprentice Guru
    Banzworld Ambassador

Off Topic, but great App I use is called Dark Sky, it is like $2 from the app store, but very accurate, more specific and real time than radar for precipitation.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nocfn For This Useful Post:

sheward (08-12-2017)

E500noob - Cool! It has not rained in Seattle for 50 some days, a new record.

Hey Maple Valley Hammer - if your checking out the forums ... It would be cool to see you and your 500 at the event also!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxersix View Post
    Great! I'll come rain or shine, its Seattle we take what we can get! and the afternoon is supposed to be sunny according to the weather reports. My friend Alex will be coming. I am looking forward to meeting you.

2phast - Are you planning to come? It would be good to meet you also.

Cheers,
    Boxersix
    Yes, this is one show I never miss, regardless if they allow me to compete or not.
    1993 500E

Great! See you there.

Will we see any 2phast videos? I hope so.

1992 500E
    1994 E500
    1995 E320 Wagon (sold)
    2011 E550 4Matic

Not this time around, it was raining most of the day
    1993 500E