Thread: Wavetrac Differentials 3 available

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

Wavetrac Differentials 3 available

New in the Box Wavetrac 210mm Differentials...

If anyone is looking for it i have 3 in stock.

$1395.00
    -free shipping within the 48 states ($40.00 value)
    -free 2 quarts of Motul Gear 300 75W90 ($30.00 value)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5thscaleracer For This Useful Post:

gerryvz (09-30-2017), Klink (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Re: Wavetrac Differentials 3 available

Do you still have diffs left? How about free shipping to Finland?

Regards,
    Joonas

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jnes For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

Quote Originally Posted by jnes View Post
    Do you still have diffs left? How about free shipping to Finland?

Regards,
    Joonas
    Two left...

I will cover up to $40.00 in shipping charges.

I believe shipping to Finland will be around 137.00. Need to double check but two years ago that’s what a customer paid for a diff.

Arrived in 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please, confirm the shipping rates. I'm interested to buy diff from you if you still have left.

I want one, but won't have funds till prolly early next year. (New kid coming).

Take a deposit? PM me.
    1993 400E on EVO2's

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raffaelli For This Useful Post:

TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

Hit me up next year when you are ready.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5thscaleracer For This Useful Post:

Raffaelli (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

One left

Re order will take place in February 2018

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5thscaleracer For This Useful Post:

Klink (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer View Post
    One left

Re order will take place in February 2018
    Does Wavetrac normally stock these, or do they require a minimum order amount and build them on demand?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

JC220 (3 Weeks Ago), Klink (3 Weeks Ago), SayHey (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

Wavetrac Differentials 3 available

It depends if they have the parts to build a diff.

Typically when we place a batch order 20 they will have enough parts to build 5 extra.

But we bought he last diffs they have for the 210mm and 185mm.

If you someone wants one today they require batch order.

The 210mm diff is a very slow mover so they try not to stock them.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5thscaleracer For This Useful Post:

doolar (3 Weeks Ago), gsxr (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

The 210mm diff is a very slow mover so they try not to stock them.
    Interesting. Probably due in part to not having a clear (and accurate) application list, last I checked anyway. They'll never sell as many as they're probably used to on the late 90's and 2000's AMG cars.

That's "Sir 5SR"
    to you, Bucko!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Interesting. Probably due in part to not having a clear (and accurate) application list, last I checked anyway. They'll never sell as many as they're probably used to on the late 90's and 2000's AMG cars.

There have been revisions to the diff which open it up to other gear ratios.

Development has not stopped for this diff. Wavetrac has been supplied with an updated application list they just need to publish it.

But there are adapters to change R/P offset based on the final drive. The additional hardware is $225.00 and it’s as needed only.

The biggest issue is most shops do not want to handle the install so car owners are taking the diff out of the car and sending them into Leistung Autohaus for the rebuild.

I think the actual assembly is 50% of the issue because most places don’t want to mess with the crush sleeve when setting the pinion depth. It’s a one try only type deal or you start all over again.

FWIW wavetrac makes a diff for the slk32 which has been confirmed to fit the c43/c36 with a 3.07r/p.

But guys are not jumping on this because of the actual diff assembly.

There have been revisions to the diff which open it up to other gear ratios.

Development has not stopped for this diff. Wavetrac has been supplied with an updated application list they just need to publish it.

But there are adapters to change R/P offset based on the final drive. The additional hardware is $225.00 and it’s as needed only.

The biggest issue is most shops do not want to handle the install so car owners are taking the diff out of the car and sending them into Leistung Autohaus for the rebuild.

I think the actual assembly is 50% of the issue because most places don’t want to mess with the crush sleeve when setting the pinion depth. It’s a one try only type deal or you start all over again.

FWIW wavetrac makes a diff for the slk32 which has been confirmed to fit the c43/c36 with a 3.07r/p.

But guys are not jumping on this because of the actual diff assembly.

So wavetrac supplies the r&p shim needed for the other gear ratio offsets?
    I'm running a 3.69 gear. I had planned to get it custom made. But would be awesome if it's already available.
    1993 400E on EVO2's

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

There have been revisions to the diff which open it up to other gear ratios. Development has not stopped for this diff. Wavetrac has been supplied with an updated application list they just need to publish it. But there are adapters to change R/P offset based on the final drive. The additional hardware is $225.00 and it’s as needed only.
    Whaaa....? Which gear ratios is it "opened up to" and which ratios require spacers? I hope they are just adding spacers for 3.27 / 3.69 applications. There should be a completely different unit (with different dimensions) for 2.24/2.47 gears. I really hope they didn't screw it up.

The biggest issue is most shops do not want to handle the install so car owners are taking the diff out of the car and sending them into Leistung Autohaus for the rebuild. I think the actual assembly is 50% of the issue because most places don’t want to mess with the crush sleeve when setting the pinion depth. It’s a one try only type deal or you start all over again.
    Again: Whaa...? There is no need to touch the pinion or crush sleeve to install the WaveTrac! You don't need to remove the pinion unless changing gear ratios, which is always a bad idea - buy a diff with the ratio you want. The link below is an article from Stu Ritter which explains in detail why it's a Very Bad Idea to mess with the pinion, unless you have all the special tools, and word on the playground is that only a handful of shops in the USA have the tools to do this properly:
    http://www.w124performance.com/docs/...l_info_Stu.txt

IMO, the bigger nuisance for WaveTrac (or Quaife, or factory LSD) installation is that many of the shim thicknesses are NLA, and if you want to get the bearing preload and gear backlash exactly in spec, you may need to buy thicker shims and have them ground down in 0.05mm increments as needed. And even when you have a proper shim assortment, it's a lot of trial & error assembly. I've built something like 6 or 7 of these so I'm quite familiar with the process. It's not difficult, just time consuming.

Side note: This may not be widely known, but I was the one who worked with WaveTrac back in 2013 to have them develop the diff for the 500E application. They wanted to build one that required custom machining of the factory axle stub flanges, and I had to convince them this was a terrible idea and nobody would buy one if they did that. It was a lot of time and effort, I had to send them multiple diffs for R&D, all at my cost out of pocket. I was supposed to get a free WaveTrac diff for my efforts and I never did get that, which still pisses me off. (They made a pile of money off selling dozens of these, not even a thank you?) As a bonus, they never returned the flanges I send them for R&D so now I also have a 500E diff collecting dust that is useless without the flanges. I like their product but I am not impressed with their customer service. </rant>

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

a777fan (1 Week Ago), ccrelan (3 Weeks Ago), Christian_K (1 Week Ago), DarkStar (1 Week Ago), doolar (1 Week Ago), JC220 (1 Week Ago), jhodg5ck (1 Week Ago), jnes (2 Weeks Ago), Maui (3 Weeks Ago), Melville (1 Week Ago), sheward (3 Weeks Ago)

That’s cold hearted. Thanks for sharing.