Thread: FS: Nokian Hakka R's & 18" G-wagen wheels

FS: Nokian Hakka R's & 18" G-wagen wheels

I sold our 2013 G550 earlier this year and would like to find a new home for an excellent set of proper snow tires which have seen little use.

These are Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's in 265/60/18. The wheels are OEM from the earlier G550. They've been powdercoated black, with zero curb rash and one small area where the finish is not great around a valve stem. TPMS sensors are fitted. The center caps were plasti-dipped to match. Bolt pattern is 5X130.

Nokian knows how to make winter/snow/ice tires. They're the only brand we use.

Pics below show tread depth. And overall condition. These have been used sparingly over the past few years. Perhaps 5K miles, or thereabouts. Probably less than that.

I'm asking $1500 for the set. Shipping would need to be sorted out with a prospective buyer, as it's impossible to account for all the variables. I would charge what it cost (or use your shipping account), and I can (and prefer) to ship them via freight on a pallet.

Pickup is also an option. I'm about an hour west of Wash DC.
    2014 MB E63S, 2008 Tundra, 2006 Lotus Exige S, 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser, 1996 Ford Bronco, and some other interesting and not so interesting vehicles.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Re: FS: Nokian Hakka R's & 18" wheels

Gerry just moved from Texas into the heart of snow country, and definitely needs a set of REAL snow tyres for his G-wag. Hopefully he'll make room in his garage for these.

For the record, I just picked up a set of Nokian Hakka snows for one of our vehicles last week!

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

Re: FS: Nokian Hakka R's & 18" G-wagen wheels

Hakka’s are considered the best by many drivers and magazines in Sweden. They continously win awards for best m&s tire. I’ve had a number of set over the years, and they’re very predictable. I always go with studded tires though (nothing beats studs on ice on tarmac). At the moment I have Pirelli studded for the Toyota, they’ve been surprisingly good.

GLWS!
    Thomas
    1994 E420
    1993 500E - (my fathers)

I'm always saddened when one of my winter-duty cars doesn't have a Nokian fitment. LOL
    Which includes my current DD, the E63S. I'm using Pirelli Sottozero 3's on it, and they're fine for a "winter" tire, but they aren't comparable to a true snow tire.
    We've run Nokians (WRG or equivalent) on the 80/100 Series Land Cruisers and all of my daily driver MLs. The G wagen was simply a beast with the Hakka R's. She just didn't get driven all that much, as evidenced by the tread depth measurements.

We don't get enough consistent snow on the ground here to run studs. The hard pack doesn't last for more than a couple days. I'm not sure they're even legal for use. But out where I live, we have been seeing 60" per year on average. With 120" in 2010. Last winter was right at 24". The peculiar thing is that any accumulation melts between storms. Makes for very tricky tire selection.
    2014 MB E63S, 2008 Tundra, 2006 Lotus Exige S, 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser, 1996 Ford Bronco, and some other interesting and not so interesting vehicles.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ace10 For This Useful Post:

doolar (2 Weeks Ago), gsxr (2 Weeks Ago)

We don’t get much snow in the very south of Sweden where I live, it will snow, but it usually melts away immediately. However we do have melting temps during the day, and freezing temps during the night, and the combination snow/slush/rain and salt treated roads makes for an unbelieveably slippery surface, especially when it freezes over again, typically in the morning rush traffic.

I’d argue that on packed snow, the studs don’t do much difference from a proper non-studded snow tire. On thin ice on top of tarmac, studs are at their best, as the studs slam thru the ice. This is an ongoing debate in Sweden every year, equal to an oil thread pissing contest. I don’t know what’s best. But I do know that studs work.

Sorry for messing up the thread...
    Thomas
    1994 E420
    1993 500E - (my fathers)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by doolar View Post
    We don’t get much snow in the very south of Sweden where I live, it will snow, but it usually melts away immediately. However we do have melting temps during the day, and freezing temps during the night, and the combination snow/slush/rain and salt treated roads makes for an unbelieveably slippery surface, especially when it freezes over again, typically in the morning rush traffic.
    That's what we have in Idaho... wet/melting during the day, freezes overnight, sheets of ice for the morning commute to work. Not fun.

Studs generally improve grip on ice or snow, but on bare pavement (wet or dry) they actually reduce grip. So, it's a compromise... depends which is more important to you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

doolar (2 Weeks Ago)

Here's what they look like a non-AMG G wagen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ace10 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (2 Weeks Ago)

Those are pretty sweet. I would have been all over them a couple months back when I bought my 08' G55. Instead, I ended up removing the stock G55 wheels (they need refinishing) and bought a 4 newly refinished stock G500 wheels and put a set of 275/60-18 Yokohama Geolander AT G015s on as my winter set. I think they are great tires and will do just fine for the DC winter season.
    Greg
    '94 E500
    '03 E320 4Matic Wagon (W210)
    '08 G55

Quote Originally Posted by 8899 View Post
    Those are pretty sweet. I would have been all over them a couple months back when I bought my 08' G55. Instead, I ended up removing the stock G55 wheels (they need refinishing) and bought a 4 newly refinished stock G500 wheels and put a set of 275/60-18 Yokohama Geolander AT G015s on as my winter set. I think they are great tires and will do just fine for the DC winter season.
    How is your G55 running? Is it your first?

When I picked up the G550, I swapped to the 20" G63 wheels within the first few weeks. Summer/onroad duty only. The Yoko Advan S/T tires that were part of that setup looked nice, but couldn't be trusted on anything beyond packed gravel.

I need to get the set of OE Yoko Geolander H/T G038G's down from the rack and put em up for sale, too. They still have the nibs on the tires. No TPMS. Wheels are perfect. Not a bad all-around tire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ace10 View Post
    How is your G55 running? Is it your first?
    It is my first and very happy with it so far. It runs great. As part of the pre-purchase deal, or over the last couple of months the following has been done to it:

• Engine mounts
    • Transmission mount
    • Front tie-rod R&R
    • Brake fluid flush
    • Complete sunroof service
    • Replaced all fluids: engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, differential fluid, transfer case fluid and PS fluid
    • New fuel filter
    • New spark plugs and plug wires

And some interior and exterior cosmetic work including a multi-step paint correction.

Greg
    '94 E500
    '03 E320 4Matic Wagon (W210)
    '08 G55

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 8899 For This Useful Post:

Ntrepid (1 Week Ago)