Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misfire/rough after sitting

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Re: Misfire/rough after sitting

Dang those pumps are spendy. $300 list price? Really? And there are TWO of them. Lowest price for aftermarket (sssssh, don't tell Gerry) Bosch is at Amazon.com of all places, $125/ea, undercutting Autohaus's $133/ea (both have free shipping). Maybe I'll ask Léo if he could spare some change from the $35M he pulled down the last 11 months...

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

I got mine locally at O'Reilly. Paid a bit more ($140ish) but had them in hand so I could replace them right then. They were re-boxed Bosch pumps, same part numbers and everything (see my thread in the 126 section).

FYI, those Bosch fuel pumps are available on Amazon right now for $82 apiece.
    Current:
    2nd 1994 E500 Black/Gray ca 68k miles
    1988 300CE Midnight Blue/Palomino twin turbo ca 160k miles
    1984 300D Oriental Red/Palomino Tex ca 135k miles
    1988 Brabus 300CE 3.6 199/anthracite 44.5k miles

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

At $82/ea I should pick up a couple spares!

Update on the problem: The fuel pump cured the pressure issues, and when driven regularly, the car would run perfectly. However if it would sit for 2+ weeks, it would start fine and drive fine for about 10-15 minutes, then it would hesitate & misfire. Except this time the fuel pressure was normal. Although the spark plugs looked ok (electrodes just slightly worn, I've seen MUCH worse in other cars which ran fine), I changed them anyway with F8DC4's. Haven't had a single hiccup since then, even parked the car for a month to test it out... no problems. Pretty bizarre.

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by remotemark View Post
    FYI, those Bosch fuel pumps are available on Amazon right now for $82 apiece.
    I documented this some time back on this thread -- quoted $92 from AHAZ and later on $87 from Amazon .. so it looks like they've dumped the price another $5 a pop. Excellent price, everyone should get a pair of spares..

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

In Mark's defense, Gerry documented that Autohaus had them for $92/ea.

Mark found them for $82/ea with free shipping at Amazon, link below:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/com...art/B000BZIDP8

The AutohausAZ part search is down at the moment so I can't verify their current pricing.

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    In Mark's defense, Gerry documented that Autohaus had them for $92/ea.
    If you read carefully and look further down in the thread, you'll see that I also referenced buying them from AMAZON for $87 apiece for my wife's wagon, in March of this year. Some of the M104 E320s, all of the M117 560SECs, and the M119 E500E all take the same pumps.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Ooops. No soup for me. NEXT!!!

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    If you read carefully and look further down in the thread, you'll see that I also referenced buying them from AMAZON for $87 apiece for my wife's wagon, in March of this year. Some of the M104 E320s, all of the M117 560SECs, and the M119 E500E all take the same pumps.
    Most M102s and M103s, too.

To replace insulator #14, you only need to remove the rotor bracket #5, which is held in place by a single bolt #8. That's it - very simple. When re-installing, I would recommend using a very small amount of BLUE Loc-Tite on the threads of bolt #8, and also on the threads of the three small bolts which fasten the rotor to the bracket.

On a side note, I experienced a variation of this issue on my one E420. It happened after the car sat for several weeks. It started and ran fine for about 10-15 minutes of driving at 30-60mph. Then when stopped at a traffic light, it would misfire badly, and when trying to accelerate, it would barely move the car at all. Once gradually coaxed up to speed (sputtering the whole time), it would smooth out at light load while cruising at ~55mph, and it would also run ok at WOT to redline, but accelerating off idle it was terrible. It did this several times after the car was parked for days or weeks. The bizarre part? After driving it several days in a row, the problem disappeared completely. So, I was never able to diagnose it. The main difference compared to the original issue in this thread is that my car did not act up until shortly after it reached full operating temp. It was fine when cold.

I am experiencing a similar problem on my E420. After returning from a 10 day trip the car started fine but ran rough. Between 2550-3500 rpm it can't get out of its own way. The first time I drove it the exhaust had a distinct rotten egg smell but that has not repeated.Last weekend I had a chance to look around and pulled the distributor caps off, they and the rotors looked ok. There was a "sheen" inside the caps like a light film of moisture. I took some very fine emery paper to the caps and rotors and wiped the inside off. I was getting code 10 at pin 7 and code 6 at pin 8. Cleared them both. At that time the car ran worse when it was warned up. I did not drive it again until today. Symptoms are there but are worse when it is cold. Again between 2500-3500 rpm the engine bogs. Also I have always had an occasional rough idle, now it's worse although if I put the car in neutral it smooths out. No codes tonight although I get nothing at pin 13. I have new caps, rotors and plugs ready to go but I hate to just throw things at the car. Fuel filter was changed about 6 weeks ago, air filters are also new. I am running the enhanced LH module but thanks to Dave's help I have not had a CEL since I reset the adaptations. Car has about 62K, newer harness and ETA although it's a non-ASR.

A while ago I pulled a couple of the plugs but they looked fine. It won't hurt to change them since I can't tell their age. The caps look pretty new. Also I have a new O2 sensor ready to install but I don't think that's the issue. Thoughts? I only have the blink code reader, anxiously awaiting to read which Chinese Clone C3 to buy.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Pull all 8 plug and inspect. Make sure you use the correct F8DC4 plugs (not FR8DC or other resistor plugs). New O2 would be a good idea but make sure you reset adaptation afterwards. Are any codes coming back regularly...?

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)

Pull all 8 plug and inspect. Make sure you use the correct F8DC4 plugs (not FR8DC or other resistor plugs). New O2 would be a good idea but make sure you reset adaptation afterwards. Are any codes coming back regularly...?

Thanks.
    That's my plan for this weekend. I do have the correct non-resistor plugs. Other than the codes I pulled last weekend no codes and those did not return after a day of driving.

Once again the thing U Americans have against the R plugs I don't understand, this is nothing personal to you Dave or others that speak for the non resistor plugs. I have had problem in the past, slight missfireing some unsteady idle and
    problem w emission at car inspection wich failed. When I got the car going this summer all I did apart from fixing the exhaust system was rotors and caps it already had Bosch Yttrium plugs since last it was on the road, I didn't change them,
    I did not even change the upper harness, one is waiting to be mounted, also I have a new set of sparkplug leads, I didn't change thoose either. The car sailed through the car inspection not a singel missfire idle steady as a rock, performance so smooth from whafting along to highway runs at around 160- 200 km/h.

It shouldn't perform this well from what I read about this and what I thought myself, how can that be?
    Two of my 500E buddies does run Bosch Iridium plugs, no issues at all car insp. and emission tests, no problemo, it can be said, they also have new caps and rotors. Well I'm wondering is it just us or are there others w same experience,,Roger
    Roger P
    '92 500E 6.0 AMG
    '93 400E 5.0 AMG
    '99 C43 T
    '00 A190

I don't think anyone(including the yanks) are against R plugs. This has been covered over and over. For some, so it would seem, have no issues using the F8RDC plugs. So much so that some owners have installed stock F8DC4 and HAD running issues, then replaced with R all is fine. Quite bizarre ! I don't think anyone here ever got to the bottom of this as to why this is so. Fact is though, F8DC4 is what the Factory says.
    1994 E fünfhundert (170kkm sold )
    1997 S 600 L (164kmiles sold )
    2004 ML270 (64kmiles remap oil burner )

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Don't shoot the messenger. The FSM specifically says the high voltage side of the coils should not have additional resistance added. Screen shot below from FSM at this link. Typical resistor plugs are 5k ohms, IIRC. If MB specifically says not to add 5k rotor arms, why would be be ok to add 5k plugs instead? Just because it's working fine now, doesn't mean your EZL will go belly-up down the road...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)

doesn't mean your EZL will go belly-up down the road...

Belly-up ??!! That's Dave's Britified warning for you Blokes.

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9
    I think he REALLY meant to say "tits-up" ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last night I decided that since I was pulling the plugs to inspect them I'd might as well replace them since I had 8 new ones ready to go. So far so good. The stumbling appears to be gone. No more shaking at idle. Oddly I noticed that for one of the plugs the connector was black, the others are dark red. One of the POs mechanics must have switched it out.

The plugs I removed did not look too bad, I can post pics. They were made in Spain. The new ones were made in Russia.
    The car is running much much better.

The honeymoon did not last. After not driving the car for a few days the stumble/hesitation returned. More pronounced when the car is cold and first driven. Also the idle would pulsate. Much less pronounced when warm. I pulled code 4 on pin 19 yesterday and cleared it. No CEL. Today I decided to inspect the cover behind the rotors. They did no look too bad. Pics of one attached. I did try and clean them with electrical cleaner. There was some green fuzz inside but I could not see any cracks. The back of the rotors look good. Put it back together and drove it. Better but still a slight hesitation between 1700 and about 2200 rpm. Idle was not pulsating. My car has always had an occasional pulsating idle. So I don't think it's caps or rotors. We won't talk about the clod (me) that stripped one of those stupid rotor screw

G]
    Last edited by vexed; 09-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.

These insulators are commonly overlooked ! They may have hairline cracks that's not visible to the eye, I would replace them if you're not aware of them being replaced before. Here's an article from Dave's archive about it : http://www.w124performance.com/docs/...iring_STAR.pdf

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    These insulators are commonly overlooked ! They may have hairline cracks that's not visible to the eye, I would replace them if you're not aware of them being replaced before. Here's an article from Dave's archive about it : http://www.w124performance.com/docs/...iring_STAR.pdf
    This article was originally identified and posted on this forum (well, when it was 500Espot.com).

The original thread is here:
    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/show...nition-problem

Dave just snagged & archived the article from 500Espot....

Cheers,
    Gerry

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Dave just snagged & archived the article from 500Espot....
    There was all sorts of cool stuff on that site.

Sorry, then I stand corrected! "500espot" archive it is. So I guess you 2 were yanking each others chain on this thread , post #8 on ? http://www.500eboard.com/forums/show...ght=insulators

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Yanking GSXR's chain on a near-daily basis has become one of my favorite things in life.

500Espot was da bomb....

So far today I have drove the car on 3 short trips. Idle is lumpy even when the car is warm. One other interesting and possibly related development, when I turned on the a/c on the second trip I was getting warm air as if the compressor was not engaging. One the third trip the a/c worked fine. Isn't there a speed sensor that talks to the compressor or vice versa? I don't see how this would have an affect on the idle when the a/c is off but at this point I am trying to look at every symptom. I have no reason to believe the insulators were replaced so I will put them on the list.

I should add it was about 75 degrees when I first drove it this am and it's about 83 now.

Hello everyone
    First of all sorry for my english second i dont have w124 400/500E but i am the owner of w140 500SE 92. with m119.970 engine so comparable to 500E.
    My question is: Is this thread are solved ? I have very similiar issues. Car when is cold run like a charm. Perfectly ! Idle are stable, no missfire, i feel much power when accelerate. But when reach 80C runs like a crap. Missfire, then finalyy die and cant run it. It crank but backfire, detonate fuel in exhaust. After few hours i can normaly run it.

What i did:

- New caps and rotors BERU
    - New ignioton coils BERU
    - New ignition wires BERU
    - NEw spark plugs NGK (no resistors)
    - New Cranskshaft position sensor Bosch
    - New Camshaft position sensor EPS
    - New timing chain and rails
    - All new temperauter sensors 4,2,1 pin
    - New lambda (o2) sensor bosch
    - New crankshaft ventilaton hoses
    - New intake maniflod gaskets
    - New intake manifols plastic rings between 2parts intake manifold
    - Cleanes throttle body
    - New/Used EZL with the same part numbers
    - New wiring harness engine/lower/throttle body, rewiered with silicone cables
    - New fuel pressue regulator bosch
    - Checked fuel pressuer on fuel pumps, 3 baron idle, 4 bars when accelerate.
    And many more little things. but the problem is still unsolved. What left is MAF but is reaaly expensive part and hard to find, and computers (ECU, E-gas, etc.)

Errors:

Pin 4 (ECU) - No errors
    Pin 17 (EZL) - 18 blinks - crankshaft position sensor L5 magnets not recognised

Pleashe help.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Wow - you've replaced a lot of parts already! Sounds like a lean misfire.

Have you replaced the insulator behind the distributor cap/rotor?

Have you measured the resistance of all 8 spark plug boots (also, are these new, or old?)

Can you try a different MAF (used is ok), or different computers?

At this point you really need a good technician and a digital scanner that can read live data. There may be clues in the live data to indicate what the possible cause may be. Continuing to throw parts at it will get expensive...

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1995 E420 (R.I.P.)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)

Thx for your reply.
    I dont replace insulators behind rotors, seems to be ok ,no cracks. But i think i will replace them in future. I dont try different mafs and computers already. I know the only good computer to diagnose MB is SD but i dont have any technican with SD in my town. Is BOSCH KTS can read live data from MB also ?

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

SDS/HHT can read live data, and the Snap-On MT2500 with Mercedes 2003 cartridge. There may be others that work too. I'm not familiar with the Bosch KTS, sorry.

The Chinese SDS is available fairly cheap, search the forum for more info on that...

Moon, your issue sounds like a broken CPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) to me. Not only by the codes, as #18 is a fluke that always shows up when the engine is not running under "current codes" (digital readout)
    However i know of a 500E car that had exactly that very same issue and it was a broken CPS. Stalled when hot and no restart possible until cooled for some time.
    I would give it a try, cheap fixed from Bosch via the Aftermarket. Removal/Install is also quite easy if you have prober extensions for your ratched and IF the old CPS had a plastic case, not metal one. The Metal ones will corrode/seize over time and are a PITA to remove then. Ask me how i know LOL.
    Christian K.
    06/1992 500E - DB199 Blauschwarz-Metallic
    10/1995 CL500 - DB572 Rubinrot-Metallic
    06/2003 CL55 AMG KOMPRESSOR - DB197 Obsidianschwarz-Metallic

Hi Christian
    CPS was my firs thought. I have orginal OEM CPS with plastic core and new one bosch with the same numbers with metal core. I replaced them both and no change. I also did reset ECU adaptation using led scanner. I suspect MAF becouse when i disconnect plug i can normally run the car when is hot and reach 90C and no missfires then. I have to go to star diagnosis to be sure becouse MAF to LH-jetronic is very expensive.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    I suspect MAF becouse when i disconnect plug i can normally run the car when is hot and reach 90C and no missfires then. I have to go to star diagnosis to be sure becouse MAF to LH-jetronic is very expensive.
    If the car runs normally with MAF disconnected, and runs poorly (misfire, etc) with it connected, it's VERY likely the MAF is bad.

You can get them used for much less than new, they show up on eBay frequently. I'd get either used, or a rebuilt MAF, not new...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Christian_K (01-05-2014)

What Dave said
    Bosch Germany recently started to remanufacture them. I bought a "new" one of Ebay.de as a bargain. It came new in a Mercedes Box, but showed to be Bosch Remanufactured on a large white sticker. I dont know if thats the normal practice these days if your order them from Mercedes?
    Aftermarket Dealers quoted me prices in the ballpark of 250-300€ here in germany for a remanufactured unit + core charge. New price at the dealer would be much higher i believe (600-800€???)
    Christian K.

Trying to learn here.

Would a faulty MAF throw a code that could be read with a blink code reader?
    Trae

1992 500E Renntech/ 1993 500E
    1994 E320 Wagon/ 1995 E320 Cabriolet
    2001 SL500

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Quote Originally Posted by Trae View Post
    Trying to learn here.

Would a faulty MAF throw a code that could be read with a blink code reader?
    I believe there would be a code only if the MAF was completely dead. The MAF could be reading inaccurately and there would not be a code.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Christian_K (01-06-2014)

Christian can you give me a link when i can buy remanufactured unit ? can be ebay or web shop where i can pay by credit card online.
    Thx for help guys, i will post for updates.

Christian can you give me a link when i can buy remanufactured unit ? can be ebay or web shop where i can pay by credit card online.
    Thx for help guys, i will post for updates.
    http://www.kfzteile.com/luftmassenme...=1&kba=0708423 <- New unit + 50€ core charge
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Reman-09...1&s=automotive <- Remanufactured @Amazon
    Christian K.

Update
    I was in garage run the car, ofcourse run great without problems, idle stable, quick trip, good power under accelearation. Engine reach 80C return to garage, give him little time to work on idle, everything seems to be ok (with maf disconnect) 10 minutes later starting missfire then died, ofcourse i cant run it. But i have new error code on pin 8 (base module)
    LH-SFI control module (N3/1) voltage supply, open circuit.
    Could be related to my problem ?
    Also have 30 and 32 blinks on pin 6 something related to can communication i think.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Check the fuses on the base module. If they are ok, your base module may be failing. Someone else had a very similar experience recently - read this entire thread:

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/show...E-pulled-codes

gsxr thx for this post. It is very helpful. The problem is similiar or almost the same as mine. I checked this fuses before but replace base module is good advice.

I found post with exactly the same issues like mine. So Base Module failure is very likely.
    http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140...e-modules.html

Heh Today i recieve new base module (used one) but unfortunatelly no changes :/ The same situation :/ But i found new symptom: When put the gas pedal agressive/quickly on idle then car almost die and charge control light is showing up on dashboard. When i do it slowly everything is ok. Charge from alternator is 14.4V Can it be that problem ? I check the codes today again:

Pin 4 - 1 blink - no codes
    Pin 6 -
    30 - CAN data bus to EA/CC/ISC control module (N4/1), interrupted
    32 - CAN data bus to DI control module (N1/3), Left DI control module (N1/4), Right
    Pin 7 -
    CAN databus:
    N4/1,

Message from EA/CC/ISC control module (N4/1) faulty

23 20.0

Message from ABS/ASR control module (N30/1) faulty

23 20.0

Message from LH-SFI control module (N3/1) faulty

I dont know which one becaous is only analog blink codes

14 - Closed throttle position switch (S29/3)

Pin 8 -
    6 - A/C electromagnetic clutch (A9k1) jammed or poly-V-belt broken.
    8 -
    Engine 104, 119:

LH-SFI control module (N3/1) voltage supply, open circuit.

Engine 120:

Right LH-SFI control module (N3/3) voltage supply, open circuit

i am out of ideas :/

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Bad ETA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerryvz - bad eta can cause missfire and engine shutdown ? In my opinion there is somewhere problem with voltage delivery to ECU and CAN Bus does not work properly. I have ETA from 2001 year change with someone in germany i think when the car wa previosly used. The ETA wiring harness is perfect, orginal without carck insulation.

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

That's a lot of codes, wow. Sounds like a CAN communication issue.

I would also try to solve the S29/3 issue, you can test/adjust this, if it's bad, replace it:
    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/show...elerator-pedal

oh that is that one switch. I replaced it year ago with orginal oem product :/

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Check your battery & the wire from your battery to the CAN box & your computers within.

battery is one year old bosch silver s5 100ah, how can i check wires from battery to can box ?

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

It's the smaller wire that attaches to the + battery terminal. Supplies all electricity directly to the CAN box. Make sure it is tightly secured to the + terminal.

I checked this wire connectef to +terminal and everything seems to be ok. No idea what next :/ I made some movies (poor quality)
    1) Cold start and at the end of movie i press hard accelaration pedal on idle and engine almost died and charging light show on dahsboard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSCkNkHqfQ
    2) Problems with blinkg codes from pin 4. If you loook carefully on that video you will see only quick single microsecond blink. Sometimes work properly and blinking normally. I think is voltage delivery problem to pin 4 or LH module broken. On others pins eveything is ok.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNSu8hsjRE

In that last video, the engine was running when you checked the codes. I've never checked the codes with the engine running, so I don't know what kind of result you should get. Is it the same with the engine off and the key on?

The screeching engine sounds horrible though; almost like it is something mechanical.
    Jon D.
    1994 E420
    1995 E420

yes the same situation when engine is off and ignition on. Engine was running becouse i wait for warm up. This sound is pulley or bearing. With belt off its absolutelly silence

Guys i have the answer from comments in that great article
    http://www.picoauto.com/tutorials/me...?enews=a110301

Pico: Temperature will affect the performance of High voltage insulation and so your symptom most certainly matches this case study. How does your vehicle perform when cold in terms of load? Can the vehicle be accelerated under WOT with no misfire or backfire? Electrical loading can also highlight poor insulation issues. An insulation tester may also prove if your rotor has suffered an internal failure once at the failed operating temperature. Have you been able to capture the primary and secondary waveforms during cranking as with the above case study? Mechanical issues must also be checked as multiple tight valve clearances (Exhaust) would give you compression failure when hot and of course backfire.

Is really can be a exhaust valves ? How to check it ?

.036 Hoonigan™
    What Would Kent Say?

Valve clearance is automatic on these engines via hydraulic followers. It is extremely unlikely that is an issue, unless you had compression problems on one or more cylinders.

Besides, that would not explain all the CAN communication error codes you are receiving.

IS it possible that hydraulic lifters are bad ? The car have almost 400 000 km maybe its time to change lifters and look inside the heads ? In this saturady i willl do some tests:

- Charge the acumulator to max and pull of the belt. Then i can elminate charging issues for moment car will run withou belt and charging with lower but stable voltage.
    - Clean and inspect caps and rotors then run car and wait for issues come back
    - Check another time fuel pressure
    - Check compression on hot engine

So ...
    The problem is resolved. It was distribution caps and moisture inside. Photo:
    http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.p...fbe54d179e2dc8
    I changed all my ignition parts 1.5 year ago. So i dont suspect it. The sad truth is: i became tricked. The caps are not from beru. It's something noname withou any trademarks and other marks so its bogus part :/
    Here rotor photo
    http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.p...e79c29aea02afe
    This summer i will change it and buy bosch one or in dealer.
    Great thanks for everyone.

Clark Vader
    Chain-Yank Master
    ASE Certified Benz Wizard

Hope you don't mind, I resized these so they're easier to view.

Certified Mercedes technician since 1982
    ASE Master Technician
    1993 400E
    236.14 ATF rules

Site Honcho
    Mr. 5 8 9

Thanks to all for the update & the photo post !

Guys one more question:
    What brand of distributor caps and rotor will be fine ? I will never buy a beru, bosch also dont have good opinion last years. Bremi or dealer ? I want do it once and not coming back to topic.

Clark Vader
    Chain-Yank Master
    ASE Certified Benz Wizard

Guys one more question:
    What brand of distributor caps and rotor will be fine ? I will never buy a beru, bosch also dont have good opinion last years. Bremi or dealer ?
    parts.com (dealer) or Bremi.

I purchased Bremi from a seller on e-bay 2 years ago. He still sells cap/rotor package for $188 I believe.

Or there are a few online parts distributers for Bremi like Karlyn STI,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-400...bfb2d4&vxp=mtr

Certified Mercedes technician since 1982
    ASE Master Technician
    1993 400E
    236.14 ATF rules