About 2 months ago my car started intermittently running rough and developed some vacuum leaks. So I dutifully went through and replaced the lines and connectors one at a time, resolving all of them. However, the car still had problems. One day it ran ok, the next it would stall. Now, it starts fine and runs for several minutes, but as it gets closer to "warmed up" it starts missing, and gets worse and worse until it stalls and won't let you restart it. I can tell that it's running rich as it warms up, but don't know what to do about it.
Here's the rundown on the service done:
· Had it "smoke tested" for vacuum leaks by an Indy after the vacuum work - it passed - so I know it's not a vacuum leak.
· Indy couldn't figure out what's wrong - said it's "wiring", but couldn't explain (other than $1500 bill they wanted to replace the harness). I don't see the point, since the Engine wiring harness and CC-ISC were both replaced in 2000.
· cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor in the last few months with CRC MAF cleaner
· replaced O2 sensor last 2 weeks
· replaced both coolant temp sensors last 2 weeks
· Checked Fuel Pressure regulator for leaking diagram (in case gas was pulling into vacuum line) and there was no gas smell.
· NO Check Engine Light going turning on - it just won't run/drive when warm
· bought a chinese Carsoft 7.4 and ran it's digital and Analog tests. It had a few codes, but were not very useful.
· Reset error codes in all modules in Digital and Analog modes < with Carsoft
· reset ECU - battery disconnect, wait, reconnect, start car
· Ran Carsoft Digital tests again, Couldn't figure out LH error code it gave me after the "reset ECU"
· Made the "LED Light Box" from jimforgones diagrams < thanks man!
· LED Light Box - Error codes:
pin 8 - error 5 -- max allowable temp in module box
pin 17 - error 18 -- magnets for CKP sensor (L5) not recognized
· 220K miles on car, I've done very good maint on it for the 170k I've owned it.
· replaced the coils, cap's, rotors, spark plugs and wires last year - after a coil failed
· V.I.N.WDBEA34E65sc252538 < California Model without ASR.
I've read so much at this point my eyes are starting to permanently cross.
Any idea's of what those codes mean for a W124 V8?
I also wonder if this is similar to estefan's 500E problems?