Thread: Misfires and Distributor Caps - beware of Bosch

Misfires and Distributor Caps - beware of Bosch

Guys just thought id post this warning.

I regularly change all my ignition parts... Spark Plugs every 2 years (genuine only), Caps, leads and rotor arms every 3-4 years. I do very low mileage.

Anyway this time I used Bosch Caps and rotor arms... everything seemed fine until after a long run i started to get a slight misfire at idle and under high load.. i.e. accelerating hard at high speed.

So I knew it had to be one of the parts id changed. I used magnecor leads so knew that these would be fine.

Cut a long story short, Im almost certain the OEM bosch caps are the culprits... If you look closely inside they have chips out of the casting... I checked 6 new caps at my supplier and they were ALL the same.

I have now swapped to the cheaper, but better made, Beru caps and so far seems ok.

This may have been covered before but thought id mention it as ive seen people swapping all sorts of expensive parts to try and solve these minor misfires...

Look at new caps carefully before installing them.

p.s. anyone changing their caps should also change the rubber seals that fit behind the cap... these go hard every few years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaymanek For This Useful Post:

Christian_K (06-08-2015), TerryA (06-26-2017)

Re: Misfires and Distributor Caps - beware of Bosch

Where did your supplier get his stock from? Lots of fake Bosch stuff out there... My experience has always been great with Bosch distributors and caps, on different makes aswell as different Mercedes engines.
    Thomas
    1994 E420
    1993 500E - (my fathers)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to doolar For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-26-2017)

Its the largest supplier of parts in Europe and I had them re order new caps 3 times, they were all the same.

The beru ones are half the price but feel twice the quality.

Intl 500E GTG coordinator 195910's Avatar

I think 3-4 years interval for the parts you mentioned is too low, might be related to the humid weather in the UK.
    Even the Spark plugs are good for 3-4 years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 195910 For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-26-2017)

Hi,

Yes I over service all of my cars for sure but id rather stay on top that have a breakdown...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jaymanek For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-26-2017)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Factory spec on spark plug life is 30kmi (48kkm) per the FSM "Maintenance System Sheets".

Beru caps & rotors are a bit more difficult to find in the USA. Bosch is the common OEM brand available here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (06-26-2017)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

A third brand of aftermarket (but good quality) cap is Bremi. They too are difficult to find in the US. I happened to find a nearly new pair of Bremis on an E420 in the wrecking yard this past summer, and am holding them in reserve for when I need new caps.

Our M119s are hard enough on these parts (caps and rotors) that I don't know that I'd go more than 25K on a set.... some of depends on climate though. When I lived in Portland I got moisture in my caps. Haven't had that issue here in Houston (despite the humidity).

Cheers,
    Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by jaymanek View Post
    Its the largest supplier of parts in Europe and I had them re order new caps 3 times, they were all the same.

The beru ones are half the price but feel twice the quality.
    Intresting! Then you can rule out copies. I'm going with Bremi this time around, I have Bosch now that's been in the car for 30000 kms, no problem at all until they they were worn out and also I got moisture due to worn seals.
    Last edited by doolar; 11-12-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Missing zeroes
    Thomas
    1994 E420
    1993 500E - (my fathers)

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    A third brand of aftermarket (but good quality) cap is Bremi. They too are difficult to find in the US. I happened to find a nearly new pair of Bremis on an E420 in the wrecking yard this past summer, and am holding them in reserve for when I need new caps.

Our M119s are hard enough on these parts (caps and rotors) that I don't know that I'd go more than 25K on a set.... some of depends on climate though. When I lived in Portland I got moisture in my caps. Haven't had that issue here in Houston (despite the humidity).

Cheers,
    Gerry
    Edit: Beru bought Doduco. Lol. I was wrong.
    Rumors say, "NoName" Ebay M119 ignition Stuff, turns out to be Bremi made.
    Bernard and other M119 guys in german forums mostly have bad experience with Bremi, in contrary to todays OEM (Bosch!), which is like the holy grail for caps/rotors/insulation-covers.
    The Beru caps series after 2010 are modified so the copper contacts are not "molded" into the plastic like normal anymore, but they are standing freely which promotes cracks after low miles (Bernards experience).

But also Bosch seems to have lower quality than they used to have before with the M119 parts. Read some people removed Bosch Rotors after less than 20.000km. In one case around 15.000km, the center copper contact vanished completely (link!)

I have a personal experience with Beru caps, that were on my E420 and this is how they looked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPUl0vTlx6Q
    I suspect they were the first caps and after 20 years and full of burned oil residues the car ran beautifully! As smooth as my 500E which has everything related to ignition, replaced brand new.
    Christian K.
    06/1992 500E - DB199 Blauschwarz-Metallic
    09/1989 300E - DB172 Anthrazitgrau-Metallic
    11/1998 E430 - DB339 Violan-Metallic
    06/2003 CL55 AMG KOMPRESSOR - DB197 Obsidianschwarz-Metallic

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Strange. I've not had any problems with Bosch caps/rotors on my cars. Makes me wonder if the "bad" ones are indeed counterfeit?

EDIT: In spring 2014, I encountered a defective Bosch cap, brand new out of the box. The symptom was a hot idle misfire. Took me a LONG time to diagnose this, but replacing that one cap completely cured the problem. I believe Klink encountered a defective OE Mercedes Bosch cap, new out of the box, somewhere in 2016 or so. (??)

Yes thats a good question... Hmmm... Or Bosch let them get manufactured somewhere overseas with lower quality ressources, contrary to the 90s....
    Anyway found some more threads were people have issues with the M119 distributors:
    http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124...-rotors-2.html (english!)
    http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/ich-m...-t3521029.html (german!) <- Here the M119s drivers absolutely advice against Beru Caps+Rotors.
    Christian K.

I've had great results with Bremi, caps & rotors. 2 years now, runs great.

I tried Bremi and didnt like them, they felt cheap and nasty...

If you search the net there are LOADS of examples of owners of M119's that get misfires after replacing ignition parts... many of them then go on to replace anything from coil packs to complete engines!

Guess I got lucky, my Bremi parts looked like OE Mercedes, which I've seen more then a few of.

Maybe Bremi Europe Parts are different than Bremi America Parts?
    Who knows if Bremi is really a manufacturer of those ignition parts and not also just a "reboxer" ?
    Christian K.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian_K View Post
    Who knows if Bremi is really a manufacturer of those ignition parts and not also just a "reboxer" ?
    Don't believe they're a re-boxer.

http://www.karlynsti.com/Folders/Bremi.htm

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian_K View Post
    They are NOT a reboxer. Their caps are clearly marked Bremi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They are NOT a reboxer. Their caps are clearly marked Bremi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree, and I personally have never seen or heard of "bad" Bremi ignition parts. Unlike Bosch

I live in Florida, which gets humid and after 2 years, the inside of my Bremi caps look new.
    Very little wear and no arcing between terminals.

It is tons of discussions going on this topic on absolutely ALL forums. Bosch, Beru, Bremi, do all have variable quality on their products due to mass production and cunning statistical savings. They are constantly looking for savings and it's done at the expense of the quality. It is a money driven quality. I've even had a Bosch cap where one of the plug wire terminals cracked and came lose!? And it hasn't been exposed to any brutal treatment from my side.

Due to all the running issues, waste of money, frustration - no one has still not created a replacement solution for the caps & rotors design. I understand it's not possible to access the MB electronics, but this has nothing to do with the engine management system, it is simply distribution of high voltage.

I recall back in 1980 - yes, 33 years ago! - I replaced the regular contact breaker ignition on my Kawasaki Z900 with electronic ignition. It was very simple, the distributor looked like a dual photocell breaker connected to a black box and wired to the coils. It was no cutting of wires, no adaption, it was just fit as a separate system fed with a + wire from the bike. It was a one hour job (including coffee break), adjusted and set one time for all and worked for years. Couldn't something like this be made, a small standalone distributor??

-a-
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post

I recall back in 1980 - yes, 33 years ago! - I replaced the regular contact breaker ignition on my Kawasaki Z900 with electronic ignition. It was very simple, the distributor looked like a dual photocell breaker connected to a black box and wired to the coils. It was no cutting of wires, no adaption, it was just fit as a separate system fed with a + wire from the bike. It was a one hour job (including coffee break), adjusted and set one time for all and worked for years. Couldn't something like this be made, a small standalone distributor??

-a-
    Not the same thing bro, I also had many bikes, including KZ 1000's with dual points.
    I also replaced the points with Dyna 2000 stand alone ignition module and electronic
    pick up to replace the points.

The cap and rotor on the M119 just distribute the secondary voltage.

The points on your old KZ would be like the crank sensor (CKP) that triggers the EZL.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    Not the same thing bro, I also had many bikes, including KZ 1000's with dual points.
    I also replaced the points with Dyna 2000 stand alone ignition module and electronic
    pick up to replace the points.

The cap and rotor on the M119 just distribute the secondary voltage.

The points on your old KZ would be like the crank sensor (CKP) that triggers the EZL.
    OK, I'm not good on electronics, but I did in fact understand your explanation. So, if 8 "individual coils" where used, the EZL could be eliminated. Next is to create a replacement signal for the missing EZL fed to the ECU. I guess that is the challenge and where the non-accessible MB electronics counts in.

-a-
    Arnt

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Yes, it's a relatively easy and common thing to replace old-school distributors (particularly points ignitions) with electronic boxes and distributors. 300SEL 6.3 owners do it all the time with Crane Fireball boxes and such, replacing their dual points setups. It is not possible with the M119 ignition, unless you want to replace the entire engine management system (computers and such). It's probably just easier to go to a later M119 in a 210 chassis with the ME system, honestly, if getting away from distributor caps and rotors is THAT much of an issue for you.

I'm happy to continue with what I have, per the stock M119 LH system, and take my chances. It's not like I'm changing caps and rotors every year or anything....

For what it's worth .... from what I can see, visually, the Bremi caps I have in hand are just as good of quality as the Bosch caps. Perhaps better.

Quote Originally Posted by 500AMM View Post
    OK, I'm not good on electronics, but I did in fact understand your explanation. So, if 8 "individual coils" where used, the EZL could be eliminated. Next is to create a replacement signal for the missing EZL fed to the ECU. I guess that is the challenge and where the non-accessible MB electronics counts in.

-a-
    Actually, the 1996 and up M119.98X has coil on plug ME 1.0 ignition eliminating the caps, rotors, wires and EZL as Gerry mentioned.

The ME control module does everything like BMW motronic.

Yes, it's a relatively easy and common thing to replace old-school distributors (particularly points ignitions) with electronic boxes and distributors. 300SEL 6.3 owners do it all the time with Crane Fireball boxes and such, replacing their dual points setups. It is not possible with the M119 ignition, unless you want to replace the entire engine management system (computers and such). It's probably just easier to go to a later M119 in a 210 chassis with the ME system, honestly, if getting away from distributor caps and rotors is THAT much of an issue for you.

I'm happy to continue with what I have, per the stock M119 LH system, and take my chances. It's not like I'm changing caps and rotors every year or anything....

For what it's worth .... from what I can see, visually, the Bremi caps I have in hand are just as good of quality as the Bosch caps. Perhaps better.
    The LH system works great, no doubt in that. But yes, I would say it is a major issue her in Norway. First of all we have a hostile climate for the caps & rotors. I have to open and clean the ignition cavity twice per year. The contact points wear out pritty fast due to oxidation and build-up of verdigris. Next is the cost, $1000 for a complete set of Bosch caps, rotors, and that gasket on the back cover. The MB workshop would charge another $200 for the job.

I purchase 95% of my parts abroad and do most maintenance work myself, but I think many owners don't do it this way due to technical skills, interest, or don't have the opportunity to do it if they even could.

-a-
    Arnt

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Actually, the 1996 and up M119.98X has coil on plug ME 1.0 ignition eliminating the caps, rotors, wires and EZL
    That is correct. Arnt, notice that the distributor caps are missing on this ME-injected M119 that I was helping my mechanic test with an MB HHT last Saturday morning. The motor was running like utter crap because two of the eight coil packs were kaput. Instead of the distributor cap, the reservoir is mounted in its place.

Here's a good shot of a M119.98X, click on the pic twice to get a good look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Thanks for the clear illustration, Clark.

No problem Gerry, I'm just surprised Dave didn't beat me to it. lol

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

I'm just surprised Dave didn't beat me to it. lol
    He was still sleeping, as he's on Mountain time

That's right, he's in Boise. Forgot about that.

What about the CAN using a ME 1.0 in the .036?

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by 036/199 View Post
    What about the CAN using a ME 1.0 in the .036?
    AFAIK, it would be extremely difficult to do a complete conversion to ME injection in any W124 chassis. The system interacts with the W210 electronic instrument cluster and you could end up without cruise control or ABS/ASR, etc. Might be possible but I don't think there is enough ROI to make it worth the hassle.

Dave is correct, ME modules are VIN coded and then you also have the DAS ignition switch to deal with.

You would need a donor 210.072 E420 and swap over the entire electronics system
    and find a way to use the instrument cluster. Hardly worth it.

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Guys ... that's why I said that if one wants an M119 without disti caps ... just ditch your 036 and buy a 210 with a 119 in it.

It's probably just easier to go to a later M119 in a 210 chassis with the ME system, honestly, if getting away from distributor caps and rotors is THAT much of an issue for you.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Guys ... that's why I said that if one wants an M119 without disti caps ... just ditch your 036 and buy a 210 with a 119 in it.
    In the USA you are limited to one year, one model to get this combo... 1997 E420, 210.072 chassis. As of 1998, MB switched to the M113 motor.

You could get the ME-injected M119 in the R129 (SL500) from 1996-1998, and W140 (S420, S500) from 1996-1999 (US model years).

Site Admin
    auto enthusiast...

I see a SWAP (silly wild assed project) in someone's future. Take an SL500 with 722.6 and transplant the entire drive train (plus instrument cluster) into a W124.034/.036. While you're at it, transplant a W210 HVAC system too
    '94 E500 (744) | '94 E500 (199)         Misc. snapshots

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    In the USA you are limited to one year, one model to get this combo... 1997 E420, 210.072 chassis. As of 1998, MB switched to the M113 motor.

You could get the ME-injected M119 in the R129 (SL500) from 1996-1998, and W140 (S420, S500) from 1996-1999 (US model years).

And along with the ME engine management you get a 722.6 electronic (NAG1)
    transmission and another module/ECU. With that, leaking TCU plug and trans oil migration.

Dave - I thought 1998 was the last year for the M119 in the R129??
    1993 500E Signal Red/Parchment
    1987 300TDT Ivory/Palomino
    1995 E320 Cabrio Black/Parchment
    1969 280SL Silver/Green - 1970 280SL Black/Parchmen
    1987 560SL Signal Red/Palomino

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Dave - I thought 1998 was the last year for the M119 in the R129??
    D'oh! You are correct. 1998 was last year for R129. 1999 was last year for W140. I'll update my previous post...

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

D'oh!
    So is my statement factually incorrect? I mean, are 1997 210s with the 119 THAT rare? I saw one in the shop last Saturday..... I bet they are more common than .036s.....

So is my statement factually incorrect? I mean, are 1997 210s with the 119 THAT rare? I saw one in the shop last Saturday..... I bet they are more common than .036s.....
    Over the years, I've seen and worked on more 210/M119 cars then 036's.

So I'd say the 210.072 is more common, even though it's a one year car.

If doing a swap may as well try and find an SL60 engine! That would be worthwhile creating an E60.

I have a 1997 SL60... what an engine.. In the W124 that would be awesome.

I wish I knew the final verdict on good consistent quality decent quality caps and rotors.
    I guess I will have to try out the Bremi's.
    Anyone know where the best price is for Bremi's right now?[
    I checked AutoHausAZ and there price is about $88.68 for the Bremi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevester 500E View Post
    I wish I knew the final verdict on good consistent quality decent quality caps and rotors.
    I guess I will have to try out the Bremi's.
    Anyone know where the best price is for Bremi's right now?[
    I checked AutoHausAZ and there price is about $88.68 for the Bremi's.
    FCPeuro has them for $62.29. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...ap-1191580102a

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Also consider Beru caps... available from some vendors in USA. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate a USA source for Beru rotors, which appear to be reboxed OEM Doduco rotors. These are available from European vendors. I've used Beru caps/rotors with good success so far. One bonus with the Beru (Doduco) rotors is the 3mm-head hex socket bolts actually fit tightly on a 3mm Allen wrench, which the Bosch do not (there are multiple threads detailing headaches with the Bosch rotor bolts, and replacing them with aftermarket).

Photos of Bosch and Beru caps, rotors, and insulators are at this link. I have never purchased Bremi so I do not have close-up, high-res photos of Bremi:
    http://www.w124performance.com/image...L/caps+rotors/

Keep in mind that Bremi is not the OEM for the M119 caps/rotors and they are also not reboxed OEM.

51. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Stevester 500E (06-25-2017)

Is the wire routing sequence self-explanatory by the numbers on the routing tray?
    it would be nice to know which wire to route first, and the remaining sequence, and also to know which cylinders receive the longer wire etc.
    I have seen pics of how to loop the 1 and 5 wire, but I haven't seen much else on how to route the wires.
    I could follow what was done before, but with my luck, they weren't routed properly.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Wire routing is numbered in the plastic X-shaped tray. It is self-explanatory but may take an hour or two before you get everything laying perfect, without any wires pulled too tight at either the caps or the plug boots. It's a PITA job but thankfully only has to be done once.

Aftermarket wire sets always have some non-stock lengths and may require multiple trial-and-error attempts to obtain the best routing. The only way to get them perfectly neat (to your eye, anyway) is to custom fabricate wires to desired length. Length and routing varies slightly with the late-style orange plastic plug boots, btw.

More pics here:
    http://www.w124performance.com/images/M119/EZL/wires/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

A quick FYI: Don't fret too much over burnt/arc marks on the metal surfaces of distributor cap and rotor electrodes. These are non-contact caps and rotors. The contact surfaces do not touch each other. There is considerable clearance between them. An arc propagates across each electrode surface with every single firing. The "corroded" appearance of the metal itself means nothing.
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

55. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Klink For This Useful Post:

gerryvz (06-26-2017), gsxr (06-26-2017), nocfn (06-26-2017), skikrazey (06-26-2017), Stevester 500E (06-26-2017), Trae (08-08-2017)

E500E Guru

"A quick FYI: Don't fret too much over burnt/arc marks on the metal surfaces of distributor cap and rotor electrodes. These are non-contact caps and rotors. The contact surfaces do not touch each other. There is considerable clearance between them. An arc propagates across each electrode surface with every single firing. The "corroded" appearance of the metal itself means nothing."
    Klink I actually measured the resistance of the rotor from the ionized zone to the tip and it was waaay out of tolerance. I cleaned the arc/burnt material in the countersunk area- remeasured and it was perfect.

57. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samiam44 For This Useful Post:

Christian_K (08-12-2017), nocfn (08-08-2017), sprnova (08-08-2017), Stevester 500E (08-08-2017), Trae (08-08-2017)

I actually wasn't impressed by a recent set of Bremi Rotors and caps.
    I bought them on ebay. The contact points in the caps were a little grooved and not smooth.
    I wasn't sure if this was a new design or poor quality control and machining process.
    In addition, the first distributor cap bolt that I tightened snapped off at the head. I ended up using the old bolts.
    The one good thing is that I believe the rotor bolts are a true 3mm size.

At any rate, I think that the quality of some auto parts is going down.

59. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevester 500E For This Useful Post:

gsxr (08-08-2017), Klink (08-08-2017), Trae (08-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by samiam44 View Post
    Klink I actually measured the resistance of the rotor from the ionized zone to the tip and it was waaay out of tolerance. I cleaned the arc/burnt material in the countersunk area- remeasured and it was perfect.
    Quite so, but again, that dirty area is of no consequence at these voltage levels. Indeed, when measuring the resistance, one should not be touching the meter probe to that area, but to the area immediately behind it. You can also use super sharp meter probes, and if you push firmly into that burnt area you'll see the normal resistance, which is also actually the effective resistance at these voltage levels. To repeat, it is a non-contact arc gap. A spark travels across those gaps just like it does across the spark plug with each and every firing. The arced/burnt area on the cap and rotor electrodes will be exactly the same again in no time.

61. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klink For This Useful Post:

7delta (08-08-2017), gsxr (08-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevester 500E View Post
    I actually wasn't impressed by a recent set of Bremi Rotors and caps.
    I bought them on ebay. The contact points in the caps were a little grooved and not smooth.
    I wasn't sure if this was a new design or poor quality control and machining process.
    In addition, the first distributor cap bolt that I tightened snapped off at the head. I ended up using the old bolts.
    The one good thing is that I believe the rotor bolts are a true 3mm size.

At any rate, I think that the quality of some auto parts is going down.
    The trouble is that ALL 119 caps, rotors, and plates absoluetly BLOW GOATS! They all suck. The Doduco caps didn't make it past 7,500 miles, and the Bremi stuff is made of buttofouco and toothpaste. The Bosch are the best of the bunch, but when it comes to the 119 caps, that's like saying "tallest building in Kansas"

Here's a new M-B sourced Bosch cap that went perfectly for about 200 miles. The photo is poor, but if you look closely, you may be able to see the carbon track that runs through the crack from the center electrode to the electrode on the left...

new dist cap.JPG

63. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Klink For This Useful Post:

gsxr (08-08-2017), Jlaa (08-08-2017), makemann (08-08-2017), Melville (08-09-2017), nocfn (08-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Klink View Post
    .... and the Bremi stuff is made of buttofouco and toothpaste. ....
    Does Amy Fisher know that Joey is involved? Are there firearms involved with the caps? Did someone get shot?
    ---
    Instagram
    1993 MB 500E
    1996 Porsche 993 C2

65. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jlaa For This Useful Post:

nocfn (08-08-2017), sheward (08-14-2017)

E500E Guru

So the new factory stuff is now Bosch? I thought it was duco. Makes me wonder what has changed in the formula or manufacturing.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by samiam44 View Post
    So the new factory stuff is now Bosch? I thought it was duco. Makes me wonder what has changed in the formula or manufacturing.
    Factory caps are Bosch, and MAY have extra clear coating not present on aftermarket Bosch. (<-- unconfirmed)
    Factory rotors are Doduco, and do have the extra clear coating not present on Bosch rotors.
    Factory insulators are Bosch. Not sure if factory has the clear coat but the aftermarket Bosch does not.

68. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

JC220 (08-14-2017)