Thread: C-Class Recaros?

C-Class Recaros?

Will C-Class Recaro's fit in the 500E passenger and driver's side front seat positions? Any idea how difficult it would be to wire up and fit to seat rails?

Re: C-Class Recaros?

These seats just got finished being recovered. With the more modern style AMG diamond stitching, they deviate from the look of the W124, but I think it is a nice blend between old and new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~BANNED~

These seats have been installed in an 036 before, can't help you with how they were fitted, but a few cars have had these seats installed. Even a few cars from http://www.jauto.co.jp/ have these seats installed...I would never have these seats in my 036, their design has too much of a contrast in comparison to the rear seats, as well as the front seats square bolsters (two piece bolsters at that) on the back rest and the lack of rounded and higher bolsters in the seat cushion, compared to the factory Recaros the 036 came with.

These front seats will kill the fluidity of an already perfect interior...but hey, it's your $ and your car.

I am searching for how some have done the matching rears to help the overall flow of the interior. I might just have to go with reupholstery.

I have found a few forum threads on how to make brackets to install these and I think it will be pretty simple. We'll see how it all turns out once they get here.
    Last edited by portiadog1; 04-03-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Recaro CSE

I had to purchase Recoro's brackets in order to retrofitting them in.
    1994 E500

Recaro C

Attached the part numbers list .
    • File Type: jpg C.jpg (1.81 MB, 31 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by superstar; 04-04-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    1994 E500

This install will finally be finished today. These seats shipped from Germany the second week in April. The passenger side arrived 8 days later. The driver's side seemed to be lost. DHL records show it having left Germany 2 days after the passenger seat left, but never having arrived in the US. German DHL said this was no longer their problem, since it left Germany. US DHL said it was not their problem, because it never arrived in the US. The seller was not allowed to initiate an investigation or claim until 45 calendar days after shipment. By then, he was on holiday for 3 weeks.

I had pretty much given up on the driver's side arriving, and had begin looking for a replacement, when the USPS dropped off the seat 3 days ago. No signature required, just left at the door. I don't know wtf happened, but the seats look good and are finally almost in. Door controls will work the sliders and back adjustments, and seat controls will work heater and lumbar support. Pretty excited about taking the car from NC to Dc this weekend for a short business trip.

I will post pictures later of the new seats installed and the old seats, as I will want to sell those. They don't have the rails, but are in pretty decent shape. I have no idea what they are worth, but given the friendly nature of this forum, whatever a fair price is fine by me.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Did you buy the fancy seats shown in post #2 above? Those look fantastic.

Thanks GSXR, those are indeed mine. Diamond stitch might be too much, but we'll see I guess. Pretty excited, and glad the headache is over. Pictures forthcoming!

Where is your location? What color are the stock seats you will be selling?
    1995 E36 wagon

Sounds like customs held your driver seat for some reason. Sometimes when I ship stuff out of the country a buyer will request I put "gift" as the value, and this always seems to piss customs agents off because those items ALWAYS take mucho longer to arrive. I've had one item take over 100 days to show up...
    "Digestion kills r/t's!" -- 400Eric
    Click Here to view my mod thread

Best E.T. w/ N2O: 12.794 @ 110.82 - N/A: 13.805 @ 102.94

Seats are installed, although they are on the wrong sides. Very comfortable, but riding a bit high. I am going to have to do some research to see how we can lower them.

God those are beautiful. The only downside for me would be the lack of center arm rest. That would make it nearly impossible to pull of my signature gangster lean.
    "Digestion kills r/t's!" -- 400Eric
    Click Here to view my mod thread

Best E.T. w/ N2O: 12.794 @ 110.82 - N/A: 13.805 @ 102.94

Wow ! looks sharp ! very nice !
    500E 1 of 15

Thanks guys!

Ccrelan, I'm in NC. The seats are black. I'll upload some pictures when I can get back to the computer.

Here are the pictures of the seats that I removed. 84k miles on the car. Seats have some wear but are in pretty decent condition, I think. Let me know if you're interested. Not sure what is fair price for these.

WOW - that was a nice style, congrats on your purchase!
    ..and good that the last seat finally showed up.

Did you buy at Lena-Shop in Germany?
    http://lena-shop.com/index.php?cat=c...sting_count=16

-a-
    Arnt
    '92 500E, 6.0 AMG, König SC, Black/black
    '94 E500 Limited, Sapphire black, 288 grey
    '92 500 TE, Silver/black (sold)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by portiadog1 View Post
    Seats are installed ... but riding a bit high. I am going to have to do some research to see how we can lower them.
    Oh bummer! There's no fix for that, except to sell the seats to a short guy like me, for a steep discount. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sauce View Post
    God those are beautiful. The only downside for me would be the lack of center arm rest. That would make it nearly impossible to pull of my signature gangster lean.
    Indeed, can't do the lean without a pimp stool. That would be a deal breaker for many...
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

Nice work. Those are the only other seats that look at home in the E500E to me.

I am interested in your old seats if ccrelan decides he is not. What part of NC are you located in?

drew
    Drew
    92 500e 58,500 miles
    92 500e 180,000+ miles
    93 500e 179,000 miles sold
    92 500e 110,000 miles sold

I purchased them from autopolsterei. The quality of work is excellent. I am trying to purchase the Recaro seat bases from Lena's now. We installed the seats on top of the electric bases from the original seats, with some kind of homemade adapters on top of that. They sit too high for me, so we'll swap in the Recaro bases and call it a day. I'll still drive the car in the meantime.

I'm in The Triangle. If ccrelan doesn't take the seats, I will let you know. I won't have the stock motorized bases available for them until the other ones come in.

Can anyone who speaks German help me with communicating with Lena Shop? I "purchased" the seat consoles I need from her on eBay.de but can't complete the transaction because it will not allow shipping to the US. I have tried emailing and calling, but am hitting a wall, and don't trust Google Translate for this.

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

I think Christian_K would be an excellent person to help, also 036 could assist.

Those seats do look great. Now I may have to hang on to the set that I have and have them recovered.

Sometimes it's bad for the bank account hanging out on this forum!

I talked to my wife's cousin, who called Lena-Shop. They said to purchase the parts through their website and include a note with payment as to wanting the parts shipped to the USA. I supposedly was to find wiring instructions for payment on the website. I couldn't checkout without a German address, nor did I find wiring instructions. So I just completed the original ebay transaction, with my shipping address changed to my wife's cousin. Let the new circus show begin!

Now that I've visited this thread, I am really tempted have my front seats replaced and improved. They look fine but I've been meaning to make a few improvements for sometime now. All your suggestions really helped.

anyone has idea where can I source for the recaro adaptor for my Classic C... i want to put in my 1994 E220... which is the correct adaptor I should get?