Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

  1. #1
    Member whitehawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chapel Hill, TN
    Posts
    96

    Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Several years ago, (I think it was 2010), while replacing the tandem pump, I replaced these hoses from the hard lines to the pump and to the resevoir. I thought I had the correct MB hose, but I can now see that both lines have swelled and one has actually cracked through the outer casing. What's the correct MB part number for this hose. I'd like to do it right and get 10-20 years our of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    17,581

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    I think you used the (expensive!) coolant aeration hose.

    The SLS low-pressure return hose has a braided external cover, 114-997-04-82, each section is 130mm long. You'll end up with a bunch left over if you buy 1 meter. Seems most of the aftermarket vendors are superceding this to a different hose without the braided cover. I'm not sure if the OE/dealer version still has the braid...

    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  3. #3
    Member whitehawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chapel Hill, TN
    Posts
    96

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Thanks! I'll add the 1 meter length to my short list of MB genuine parts to acquire.

  4. #4
    Keyboard Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Just a note about ordering parts. When you order tell them "Do Not Substitute Part Numbers."
    You may get lucky and get the last meter or so laying around.
    Case in point, the old trans magnet might still be available, it fits better and is less expensive than the superseded number. But most dealers will just put the new number in the order because that's what the EPC says they should do.
    Because something is listed as NLA doesn't mean it's true. And because something is listed in the EPC doesn't mean it's available either.
    And if it's Com Blocked doesn't mean you can't get it in the USA.
    Only Child Syndrome has allowed me not to take "no" for an answer when it comes to something I want.
    Where there's a motivated car enthusiast, there's a way.

    Ron.

  5. #5
    postwhore posterchild Klink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Abstract Plains, USA
    Posts
    3,511

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    I think you used the (expensive!) coolant aeration hose.

    The SLS low-pressure return hose has a braided external cover, 114-997-04-82, each section is 130mm long. You'll end up with a bunch left over if you buy 1 meter. Seems most of the aftermarket vendors are superceding this to a different hose without the braided cover. I'm not sure if the OE/dealer version still has the braid...

    That part number rings true, but I won't be back to work until Thursday or Friday, so I do not currently have the means to verify availability and the like.
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

  6. #6
    postwhore posterchild Klink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Abstract Plains, USA
    Posts
    3,511

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron500E View Post
    Just a note about ordering parts. When you order tell them "Do Not Substitute Part Numbers."
    You may get lucky and get the last meter or so laying around.
    Case in point, the old trans magnet might still be available, it fits better and is less expensive than the superseded number. But most dealers will just put the new number in the order because that's what the EPC says they should do.
    Because something is listed as NLA doesn't mean it's true. And because something is listed in the EPC doesn't mean it's available either.
    And if it's Com Blocked doesn't mean you can't get it in the USA.
    Only Child Syndrome has allowed me not to take "no" for an answer when it comes to something I want.
    Where there's a motivated car enthusiast, there's a way.

    Ron.
    Everything Ron said there is true. But you are only confusing the box kickers by talking about a magnet in a .3 pan. There is no "correct" magnet for a .3 pan. They don't use them, and never did. But, that does not mean you cannot use the old thin grid version if you want to, and last I checked they were still readily available and valid for the .6 transmissions.
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

  7. #7
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas, USA
    Posts
    14,615

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klink View Post
    and last I checked they were still readily available and valid for the .6 transmissions.
    Yes, they are definitely still available. I very recently ordered three of them.....

  8. #8
    E500E Guru 8899's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?

    This is the hose you are referring to. Hard to tell from this photo, but the hose does have a braided cloth/fabric outer cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg
    '94 E500
    '03 E320 4Matic Wagon (W210)

Similar Threads

  1. HOW-TO: Replacing Coolant Reservoir Overflow Tank Hose
    By gerryvz in forum "HOW-TO" Tutorial Articles
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 11:30 PM
  2. Whats the S hose between the PS pump and reservoir you guys say is a trouble spot?
    By Ascension in forum Brakes, Suspension and Steering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 06:06 AM
  4. FS: MB Hydraulic Fluid (SLS)
    By Stevester 500E in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 01:25 PM
  5. Smog Pump Mystery Hose
    By herb5998 in forum M119 Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •