Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    I was doing my refresh over the weekend and noted a bunch of gunk under and around the PS pump and reservoir after I pulled off the shield to the cap and rotors. I did notice on an old ticket it was noted the hose from reservoir to pump needs to be replaced.The EPC shows a part but pics I saw show as pretty long. I checked part as 1244663281. Can someone confirm thats the correct PN for this application?

  2. #2
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    17,581

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    That part number is for the S-shaped return hose, not the reservoir hose. More details in this thread:

    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6519


  3. #3
    E500E Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    517

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Not home so I can't confirm part #. Dealers & online sell by foot. Since only need a few inches, I was able to get some from a local mechanic friend, Continental I believe. Just finished p/s pump shaft reseal, so was able to confirm short hose still holding up ok, still dry.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    That part number is for the S-shaped return hose, not the reservoir hose. More details in this thread:

    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6519

    Thanks GSXR hate it when I miss a post that obvious.

    So do I have to remove the reservoir to replace this hose?

  5. #5
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    17,581

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by Spruce500e View Post
    So do I have to remove the reservoir to replace this hose?
    Yes - you have to remove either the reservoir OR the pump. If your pump is dry, I'd pull the reservoir... and check the cam solenoids while the reservoir is off, since the reservoir has to be removed to R&R/reseal the cam solenoid.


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Yes - you have to remove either the reservoir OR the pump. If your pump is dry, I'd pull the reservoir... and check the cam solenoids while the reservoir is off, since the reservoir has to be removed to R&R/reseal the cam solenoid.

    Thanks again for prompt reply. The pump is not dry but think I will choose the path of the reservoir removal. So far as I can tell from the combo post you provided and TSB I need the following consumable parts replaced:


    I identified parts where I could find them but can someone confirm parts and fill in the blanks for missing part numbers and anything else missed for this job?

    Thanks so much in advance.

    1. Small hose - PN 0069970982
    2. gasket for reservoir PN 1294660180
    3. O ring for reservoir lid PN 0004661680
    3. crush washer and nipple/connecting pipe from reservoir (PN 1192300757 and 007603020100)
    4. Filter PS fluid 0004662104
    5. O ring from PS return line (PN 1199970045)
    6. Cam solenoid "reseal"? Unsure whats needed for this job.

  7. #7
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    17,581

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by Spruce500e View Post
    I identified parts where I could find them but can someone confirm parts and fill in the blanks for missing part numbers and anything else missed for this job?

    Thanks so much in advance.

    1. Small hose - PN 0069970982
    2. gasket for reservoir PN 1294660180
    3. O ring for reservoir lid PN 0004661680
    3. crush washer and nipple/connecting pipe from reservoir (PN 1192300757 and 007603020100)
    4. Filter PS fluid 0004662104
    5. O ring from PS return line (PN 1199970045)
    6. Cam solenoid "reseal"? Unsure whats needed for this job.
    The connector pipe does not need to be replaced, otherwise your list is pretty complete.

    More info on the cam solenoid re-seal is in this thread. If yours are bone dry, you can skip this. If there is any sign of oil at the bottom edge... I'd remove/reseal:
    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    The connector pipe does not need to be replaced, otherwise your list is pretty complete.

    More info on the cam solenoid re-seal is in this thread. If yours are bone dry, you can skip this. If there is any sign of oil at the bottom edge... I'd remove/reseal:
    http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1024

    Thanks so much. I'm curious the hose I have looks like Gerry's with no apparent physical damage where would origin of the leak be? It's definitely coming from that hose but not sure why if it looks in good nick

  9. #9
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas, USA
    Posts
    14,615

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Often the hose shrinks with age and leaks. My replacement hose sprang a leak this winter just 1.5 years after replacing it. I tightened up the clamps and all is good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Often the hose shrinks with age and leaks. My replacement hose sprang a leak this winter just 1.5 years after replacing it. I tightened up the clamps and all is good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ahh thanks the dreaded shrinkage factor. Makes sense as I look at mine again the top of the hose is not snug and most of debris is concentrated on lower area of hose

    thanks for the reply and I think I'll follow folks leads on doubling up the clamps

  11. #11
    Member whitehawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chapel Hill, TN
    Posts
    96

    Re: Correct PS Hose P/N from Reservoir to Pump

    Anyone have a piece of this hose FS?

    0069970982

    Only need the 4" or so for the replacement...

Similar Threads

  1. HOW-TO: Replacing Coolant Reservoir Overflow Tank Hose
    By gerryvz in forum "HOW-TO" Tutorial Articles
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 11:30 PM
  2. Correct hydraulic hose - pump to reservoir?
    By whitehawk in forum Brakes, Suspension and Steering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 09:23 AM
  3. Whats the S hose between the PS pump and reservoir you guys say is a trouble spot?
    By Ascension in forum Brakes, Suspension and Steering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 06:06 AM
  5. Smog Pump Mystery Hose
    By herb5998 in forum M119 Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •