Thread: lwr rear control arms?

E500E Guru

lwr rear control arms?

Anyone ever try these camber arms?

They say lower, but I think it's to replace the upper link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222590290922 <-- admin edit - link updated & active Aug-2017

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ear+camber+kit <-- link to seller

REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM CAMBER KIT fit Mercedes W124 W201 W202 poliuretane 75ShA

REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM CAMBER KIT
    for MERCEDES.

Polyuretane 75ShA

Adjustment range: -2.00 to +2.00 degrees
    poliuretane 75ShA - for sport
    1 Pair (Left & Right) Rear Lower Control Arms
    colour : BLACK MAT
    More accurate track control

recommended !!!

fit:
    W124
    W201
    C W202/W203
    E W124/W210
    R129
    R170

Perfect for drag, drift and track days

There is no instruction sheet including. Professional installation highly recommended

Our products are used in drift since 2007 and are very popular players
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: lwr rear control arms?

If they would be lower... well they should tell me where to fix Spring, Shock and Anti-Roll Bar links?
    Christian K.
    06/1992 500E - DB199 Blauschwarz-Metallic
    09/1989 300E - DB172 Anthrazitgrau-Metallic
    11/1998 E430 - DB339 Violan-Metallic
    06/2003 CL55 AMG KOMPRESSOR - DB197 Obsidianschwarz-Metallic

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Christian_K For This Useful Post:

lowman (09-18-2015)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Those are camber arms, not LCA's.

I'd stick with proven items like the Megan Racing arms:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/190867475144

I'll probably be trying a set of those Megan arms in the near future when I remove the RENNtech heim joint arms from my W210.

UPDATE: I installed the Megan arms on one car in late 2015 and have been very happy with them. I have another pair waiting to be installed on another car.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

maw1124 (1 Week Ago)

E500E Guru

What's wrong with your Renntech ones- I'm running them on my 036.

The Heim joints can be ordered easily from bearing catalogs.

Nice color Dave.

Michael

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by samiam44 View Post
    What's wrong with your Renntech ones- I'm running them on my 036.
    Nothing wrong with them, but I feel they are adding some ride harshness which I don't need for street use. And, I was getting some wheel hop during a burnout at the dragstrip, which I suspect may be cured when returning to OE links with bonded rubber bushings. I still want some camber correction though so I'll need to use the Megan arms. After I pull the RENNtech links out I'll probably sell them (3 pairs: camber, torque, and thrust arms - not the toe link and not the LCA).

GSXR, did you ever sell your RennTech heim links and return to stock? If so, what we're the results and do you mind listing part numbers?

My car is lowered front and rear (courtesy of RennTech), and I'm looking at the rear suspension but don't want to recreate the camber solution since I see you've already solved it. It seems like the Megan racing parts for the W201 (or W210) applications are the ones that fit our cars? I was looking at parts yesterday and noticed a lot of non-W124 numbers, but I forget if they were 201 or 210 numbers.

Do I also need that shortened LCA (5mm, from the group buy), or does this work without it?

Feel free to email me, or let me know if it's covered on W124Performance. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 1 Week Ago at 08:23 AM.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by maw1124 View Post
    GSXR, did you ever sell your RennTech heim links and return to stock? If so, what we're the results and do you mind listing part numbers?
    maw, yes, I returned that car to stock links with Megan camber arms, and the aluminum torque strut from later wagons. Results were excellent, IMO. I can dig up the part numbers in a day or two (swamped this weekend), shoot me an email to remind me if I forget.

My car is lowered front and rear (courtesy of RennTech), and I'm looking at the rear suspension but don't want to recreate the camber solution since I see you've already solved it. It seems like the Megan racing parts for the W201 (or W210) applications are the ones that fit our cars? I was looking at parts yesterday and noticed a lot of non-W124 numbers, but I forget if they were 201 or 210 numbers.
    Most of the rear arms have been superceded to 210-numbers. You will likely need 6 bolt kits for 3 of the arms (as mentioned in other threads).

Do I also need that shortened LCA (5mm, from the group buy), or does this work without it?
    The Megan adjustable arms provide the same function as the 5mm shorter LCA's, but without the need to buy the $$$ eccentric tie rod bushings. Set the Megan arms at ~5mm longer (yes, longer, not shorter) than stock as a baseline and then ask the alignment tech to set camber to your preferred numbers. Dial in ride height first though; and if your rear subframe-to-body bushings are original, replace all 4 of those first before dinking with the arms (these will also affect ride height). I like to aim for about -1.0° negative camber with a half-tank of fuel and the ride height dialed where you want it; if you want more rear grip make it more like -1.5° or so. At -2.0 or more you'll likely start getting noticeable inside tire wear with wider-than-stock rear wheels/tyres.

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Eno (1 Week Ago), maw1124 (1 Week Ago)

E500E Guru

Just an FYI on the 'Silver Project' arms above I would avoid. I got Silver arrow adjustable w124 camber mounts and right out of the box they had a chronic rattle. They weren't installed until months after I had bought them so it was too late to return them. On contacting Silver Projet they sent me a replacement pair of inserts. These were Superglued by Silver Project before they sent them out - as an attempt to remove the play.

Silver Project parts are in my experience - terrible quality.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JC220 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Day Ago)

Thanks, Dave. We pretty much arrived at the same place parsing through the threads, but I wasn't sure about the RDM Tek LCA's (which appear NLA anyway). We should be able to get there from here, but if we get stuck I'll ping you. I think the most important thing is to start with the subframe bushings and strut mounts. I'm still chasing that rear end "thump" but want to approach it smartly (bushings, then SLS shocks, then links). If I have to get to links, I'll probably ditch the RennTech heim setup in favor of stock. Hence the question. Thanks for your always ready help.

Cheers,

maw

P.S. And yeah, that Silver Project stuff was never under consideration, mainly because of Post #3, above.