PDA

View Full Version : Got w124036 without IR keys

E500star
07-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Hello!
Subject :)
W210 keys will fit?
I can't find w124 original keys at all.
I plan to program w210 key with w124 immo firmware.

Maybe someone can share exp?

My best regards!

gerryvz
07-27-2017, 10:27 AM
I think an early (1996 etc) W210 IR key is probably physically the same as a late W124 IR key. I don't know if a key can be reprogrammed or not, however.

There are several generations of early IR keys. The initial ones (such as used in my 1995 G320 and Euro-spec late W124 models) were tied to an immobilizer system, but not specifically to the car's ECU. Starting with the DAS2 (Drive Authorization System 2), which was phased in during the latter part of 1995, the keys I believe are specifically tied to the car's ECU and must be provided by and/or re-programmed by the dealer (or, perhaps can be reprogrammed by a STAR system, I am not sure). Later DAS variants are even more tied to & integrated with the car's electronics.

For my G-wagen, which was a DAS1 system, I was lucky that the system didn't require any programming.

Here are a couple of threads on the PointedThree G-wagen forum where I learned a lot about the early IR keys:

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=21630

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=23337

I also attach a couple of documents that I found helpful.

Cheers,
Gerry

E500star
11-27-2017, 06:37 AM
Hello! Still seeking for key models.may i ask for a littl help?Can you friends just write down the number of your keys? (which is under the blade on the case of the key)

Rouven036
11-27-2017, 08:18 AM
You should be able to order a spare ir key from your local agent with all supporting documents like registration documents, personal ID card etc.
The keys have been NLA for a while but due to public pressure, Daimler reinitiated the production with the supplier. I have ordered a ir key for my R129 (pre face-lift) recently.

E500star
11-28-2017, 03:09 AM
Thank you for the opinion. This method is really available but i can made any keys up to FBS2a DAS as official dealer will do . Just need other applicable key models )

jaymanek
11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
You should be able to order a spare ir key from your local agent with all supporting documents like registration documents, personal ID card etc.
The keys have been NLA for a while but due to public pressure, Daimler reinitiated the production with the supplier. I have ordered a ir key for my R129 (pre face-lift) recently.

How recently? I tried to order spares for the 500TE project around 3 weeks ago but was told they are not available at the moment.

Rouven036
11-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Strange, let them check it with the latest part number with the global logistic center (GLC).