PDA

View Full Version : Unknown vacuum lines and valves

E500star
08-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Dear colleagues!
Please help me to find out where should this devices to be connected?
Can't find them on WIS scheme :(

My best regards for any help.

gsxr
08-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Those are not present on USA-spec cars. Any chance it's something related to stationary heating, if fitted on your car? I assume you have a Euro-spec 500E?

:blink:

JC220
08-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Is this the valve you are talking about? My Euro 500E has it. A black & red trace vacuum line goes to the motor and a black with silver trace disappears under the fuse box somewhere. I wish I could be more specific but the lines are well wrapped up / hidden.

gsxr
08-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Is this the valve you are talking about? My Euro 500E has it. A black & red trace vacuum line goes to the motor and a black with silver trace disappears under the fuse box somewhere. I wish I could be more specific but the lines are well wrapped up / hidden.
The one by the strut tower may be related to the E/S switch next to the gearshift.

The other line, going to a sensor/bracket at the front of the engine, I've never seen before on a W124.

UPDATE: The widget at the front of the engine is the manifold pressure sensor used on 119.98x engines (1996-1999) with ME injection. This would not be used on any W124. My guess is the engine is not original and may be a .98x motor converted to LH / W124, and they left the sensor+bracket on there.

:blink: