London523
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Just looked at a 500 e

67500 miles

Excellent condition

Been in a wreck

No maintaince records

This is the part havin a hard time with

How much required maintainence should have been done..... Or how much will it cost to bring the car up to date on required maint?....

DerFuror
10-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Just looked at a 500 e

67500 miles

Excellent condition

Been in a wreck

No maintaince records

67500 miles = good
Excellent condition = good
Been in a wreck = bad or real bad
No maintaince records = bad or real bad

Hmm. Life itself is a 50/50...
Got a lotta money??
Roll the dice if you're feeling lucky, or just walk away.

But if you are feeling lucky, best discover what "wreck" really means...

gsxr
10-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Depends a lot on the price, condition, color combo, options (if outside the USA), etc. Where are you located? Hint: Update the "Location" in your profile so everyone can tell what part of the world you're posting from... see mine below...

:rugby:

Jim
10-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Welcome to the Site...

Very hard to assess repair/restoration unless we see/hear more details.

London523
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
12500 we r located in woodlands tx found car on craigslist Houston posted Oct.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2637429190.html

gerryvz
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
This car is not appropriate for this board - it is a W211 chassis model and not a W124 chassis, which is what this board pertains to.

Because of this, I am moving this thread to "off-topic discussions"

Cheers,
Gerry

P.S. I live in The Woodlands, TX where this car is located but have no knowledge of or affiliation with it.

maw1124
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Just looked at a 500 e

67500 miles

Excellent condition

Been in a wreck

No maintaince records

This is the part havin a hard time with

How much required maintainence should have been done..... Or how much will it cost to bring the car up to date on required maint?....

Pass. Money pit in the making, unless you're a gambling man. The records are what it comes down to. Case in point: I bought a "flood title" car, because based on its prior owners, records, etc., I am convinced it was never in a flood. More like a scam to get out from under a $90k car note. The owner of a Porsche / MB dealer in Connecticut bought the car from the salvage auction (so much for the flood), and two Porsche / racing enthusiasts with deep pockets owned and maintained it after him. In short, the records showed that much more knowledgeable owners owned, loved, and maintained the car before me. So by digging through the car's records I was able to get comfortable with it. Stay away from ghosts -- you can spend several times the money you save all too quickly. Good luck.

11-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Pass. Money pit in the making, unless you're a gambling man. The records are what it comes down to. Case in point: I bought a "flood title" car, because based on its prior owners, records, etc., I am convinced it was never in a flood. More like a scam to get out from under a $90k car note. The owner of a Porsche / MB dealer in Connecticut bought the car from the salvage auction (so much for the flood), and two Porsche / racing enthusiasts with deep pockets owned and maintained it after him. In short, the records showed that much more knowledgeable owners owned, loved, and maintained the car before me. So by digging through the car's records I was able to get comfortable with it. Stay away from ghosts -- you can spend several times the money you save all too quickly. Good luck.

Wisely said, No record No Buy.

Though could you explain this Scam? is it for the insurance money?