PDA

View Full Version : AMG Classics Site

gerryvz
08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
For those of you who may not have seen it, Henrik (aka 48hp) has created a web site some months back about Classic AMG models, including the W124 and W126. It is an informative site and filled with good information. And I fully support and encourage this site.

The URL for the main board there is: http://www.mercedes-amg-classic.com/forum/index.php

If you have interest in pre-merger "classic" AMG topics, I encourage you to register for and visit this site regularly.

Cheers,
Gerry

08-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Register?? Did you try this torture???

2phast
08-30-2012, 12:19 AM
I didn't try to register, I fully believe that we should be able to read/view posts without registering. If I can't, I don't want to waste my time only to find out there is nothing worth reading.

bing
08-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered but not a lot of activity , yet, from what I've read. For now I'll just ask 2phast anything AMG.

08-30-2012, 06:07 AM
I don't want to waste my time only to find out there is nothing worth reading.

Exact.

08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Well, all this looks very "AMG Club Deutschland" like- you can not read anything unless you are registerred. To get registerred you must have an AMG Member Invitation, you must be owner of an AMG car and so on. So they are sitting there with couple of same arrogant "highclassamgowners"....let them be, i donīt care. But it looks very funny, holders of a secrets...ahhahahhh...

gsxr
08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Further discussion about forcing forum registrations (and purging unused accounts) has been moved to this thread (http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?3146-Discussion-Purging-500Eboard-member-rolls-of-non-active-members).

:stirthepot:

2phast
08-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Well, all this looks very "AMG Club Deutschland" like- you can not read anything unless you are registerred. To get registerred you must have an AMG Member Invitation, you must be owner of an AMG car and so on. So they are sitting there with couple of same arrogant "highclassamgowners"....let them be, i donīt care. But it looks very funny, holders of a secrets...ahhahahhh...

Can't stand that site either (AND I am registered). Just not enough effort put into the older AMG's, thats the biggest problem.

Did not know you had to have a "invitation", when I registered you just needed to provide a valid AMG vin.

need2speed
02-14-2015, 10:16 AM
I registered recently without inputing an AMG model so I guess that is optional. Agreed its not as dynamic as this site with a gap in interest towards the later pre-merger cars. BUT, it is another welcome resource ;-)