PDA

View Full Version : Weigh-in

Vame808
12-01-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm about to buy new quarter panels and a trunk lid because my car was recently rear ended. The guy who hit me also ran away and I didn't get his plates. But that's a story for later. What I need to know is the exact weight of the 2 quarter panels and the trunk lid. The reason being is that I live in Hawaii and shipping big items here really sucks. Luckily we have www.shiptohawaii.com it's a shipping company based out in California that ship here for a discounted price. Problem is that I need the exact weight and dimensions of the package. With that said, can someone please help me out?

alabbasi
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Have you tried to contact the dealer and find out what it costs outs of the door? I suspect that they have shipments coming in weekly and adding a quarter would not cost them more.

Good luck, quarter panel replacement is about the hardest job that you can do on a cars body.

gerryvz
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
MB has data about the weight of each part in their database. Perhaps a call to Tom Hanson at the MB Classic Center could divulge this information for you. Tom recently registered for this board, so you could send him a PM.

Don't count on your average dealership parts jockey to be that motivated to help you....

Vame808
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah I just saw his thread I'll contact him. Thanks.