PDA

View Full Version : How do the rocker moldings come off?

Benzmannyc
03-14-2013, 06:53 PM
my dealer looked it up and the service manual makes no sense to me.

i see the screws under the car but there are screws up top. i think i need to remove other trim but do not know the process in order to avoid breakage of stuff.

can anyone throw up a photo and some input as i want to drop them moldings off for my body shop to shoot on Saturday.

500AMM
03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Hello

The upper bolts for the rocker panels are hidden behind the rubber/weather strip. The weather strip is mating the lower edge on the door sacco panels, and are just pressed in place. First you slide them sideways and forward until the rear end is visible, then fish out the end with a screwdriver, plier etc.. and drag/work them out. They are normally clogged up with sand and dirt over years, so they may sit a bit tight. Flush with lot of water to loosen it up and work them out. This is not a muscle DIY.

:banana1:

Benzmannyc
03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
so the rubber strip is removed from the channel your saying by simply prying out?

sounds simple enough il give it a shot over the weekend

Bill Walsh
03-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I just ordered this rubber strip for the passenger side. Does it need adhesive when installing or just press in?

500AMM
03-16-2013, 06:57 PM
I just ordered this rubber strip for the passenger side. Does it need adhesive when installing or just press in?
Hello.

No adhesives, they are only pressed in place. When you go on it you'll see how it is, it is in fact an easy job.
:bbq:

Benzmannyc
03-18-2013, 04:48 PM
i wish i knew the front fender molding needed to be yanked for two extra screws, i got to them but was afraid to break those plastic clips but to my surprise they did not break even with the loud noise they made. i hope to have my rockers back on the car by Saturday the car looks naked without them