PDA

View Full Version : OWNER - egreaves20

Egreaves20
05-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Had the cladding and front spoiler repainted and the whole car wet sanded and polished. Came out great, what do you think?

gerryvz
05-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow ... looks REALLY great ! Congrats ! If I may ask, how much time and cost did the detailing involve?

Is that a bad antenna mast that I see, sticking up? It's a quick order/fix if you need to replace it.

Cheers,
Gerry

sheward
05-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks very nice! Did you remove the cladding yourself or let the detailer do it? Last month i clayed, polished and waxed mine. We're good for a while now.

drew

Jelmer
05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Looks great! :) I assume you'll install the headlight wipers later?

szvook
05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Looks very good! Did you have the running boards painted as well and did you have all clear coated, or replicated the OEM satin finish? I did the same job a while back (front to back and side to side) and had it all clear coated and I like the clear coat affect on the lower parts of the car to match the top paint's clear coat.

Egreaves20
05-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi, they did all the work for $1,000. Yes, the antenna is stuck like that, but I still get radio stations!

Wow ... looks REALLY great ! Congrats ! If I may ask, how much time and cost did the detailing involve?

Is that a bad antenna mast that I see, sticking up? It's a quick order/fix if you need to replace it.

Cheers,
Gerry

Egreaves20
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi, thanks! They did everything, I am not sure i would have had the patience to take off the cladding without breaking the clips!

Looks very nice! Did you remove the cladding yourself or let the detailer do it? Last month i clayed, polished and waxed mine. We're good for a while now.

drew

Egreaves20
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks. They were missing when I bought the car so I guess not :(

Looks great! :) I assume you'll install the headlight wipers later?

Egreaves20
05-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi, thanks. I had the cladding, rockers (running boards) and front spoiler all painted the same satin color. It really made a huge difference as the rockers and front spoilers were very sand-blasted looking due to 169k miles!

Looks very good! Did you have the running boards painted as well and did you have all clear coated, or replicated the OEM satin finish? I did the same job a while back (front to back and side to side) and had it all clear coated and I like the clear coat affect on the lower parts of the car to match the top paint's clear coat.

Egreaves20
09-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Hit 170,000 miles today!

szvook
09-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Your oil pressure looks a bit low, for the weather outside that is. Did you just come from a spirited drive? If not, your pressure should be higher than 1.0 bar.

Egreaves20
09-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Your oil pressure looks a bit low, for the weather outside that is. Did you just come from a spirited drive? If not, your pressure should be higher than 1.0 bar.
No, I was sitting in stop and go traffic for at least 30 minutes when I took the pic today, right after I jammed on the brakes! When I am driving, it is usually near or on 3.

Roma_500E
09-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Another beautiful 500E .

Did you correct passenger front headlight/trim/bumper it was little misaligned ?

How about euro wipers and panels ?

Egreaves20
09-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Another beautiful 500E .

Did you correct passenger front headlight/trim/bumper it was little misaligned ?

How about euro wipers and panels ?

Thanks. When the front spoiler was repainted, they realigned the front bumper to fit properly. No wipers and light panels, not sure where to get them and if I should bother putting them on.

gerryvz
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Your oil pressure looks a bit low, for the weather outside that is. Did you just come from a spirited drive? If not, your pressure should be higher than 1.0 bar.+1 .. looks like yet another oil pressure switch sender sensor is getting a bit lazy....