PDA

View Full Version : El.window motion "end stop switch"?

500AMM
10-07-2013, 03:05 AM
It's many years since I wrenched on the el.windows - in fact never had to do any repairs at all. However, I have always wondered if the window el.motors has any end stop switch of some kind. I can't recall seeing any on the window mechanism itself.

So, what is causing the el.motors to stop when the window is at top and bottom, do they have a motion switch or overload switch of some kind?

:?:

Christian_K
10-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I think the so called "comfort module" which sits under the left rear seat, senses the stop-point at down end by measuring voltage and/or ampere (power)

500AMM
10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks Christian, that make sense.

That do in fact remind me when the window get stuck halfway open for some reason, due to ice etc.., the el.motor stops after some seconds.

:scoot2:

-a-

gerryvz
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Try to get a used comfort module, and see if that fixes the problem. These do go out. If you need one, I have a few spares, and there's another spare at the wrecking yard I could score for probably $10 on Friday or next weekend. Let me know because the car (a 1992 300TE wagon) will be gone in less than two weeks. I could probably snag it Friday of this week at lunchtime.

500AMM
10-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Try to get a used comfort module, and see if that fixes the problem. These do go out. If you need one, I have a few spares, and there's another spare at the wrecking yard I could score for probably $10 on Friday or next weekend. Let me know because the car (a 1992 300TE wagon) will be gone in less than two weeks. I could probably snag it Friday of this week at lunchtime.

Gerry - I don't have any ongoing problems at the moment, it was just a question in conjunction with some vague custom plans.
But I better find a spare comfort module for sure, the 124s are scrapped in high numbers over here now, week by week, so it's good times to fill up the parts bin.

But thanks for the offer anyway!:beerchug: