PDA

View Full Version : OWNER - TRAKCAR

TRAKCAR
08-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Finally got to drive it for a few days and I love my '93. Ssimple, fast, has the take off in 1st reprogram and just think it looks cool as hell. What's not to like? 350lbtq in a 3700lb car with 4 speeds lol. Makes for nice stable mate next to my street/racecar 964 RSA.

It's Blauschwartz metallic and black inside with the '94 facelift and 5 hole AMG monoblocks. 134K miles and everything works. Electric antenna makes me smile. PPI (Post purchase inspection LOL) showed the car needed nothing but refreshing a few things that did not look like new anymore like mirror rubber, rear window and little bits like trunk stops, and interior bits. Also getting the buzzer killed for starting without seat belt, leaving the lights on, etc. Should be like new when I get it back from the MB dealer. It has good tires, but it may replace them with quieter tires. Adding XM radio, maybe remote start (need advice) Valentine one radar detector etc as I plan to make it my daily driver. Wifey gets the CL550 ;)

This car known on the board! It came originally from Miami, went to CT and now back to Palm Beach:
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4878.html

Thanks for all the infos on this forum, had offered on some cars here, but ended up buying this one off Rennlist.

cant figure out posting pics.

VIN: WDBEA36E2PB858400

Maddic
08-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Congrats!
One of my favorites on the board! :driving:

gsxr
08-30-2014, 12:25 PM
cant figure out posting pics.
This Wiki entry can help you out with uploading photos:
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/wiki_index.php?title=Uploading-images

Congrats on the purchase!!

:deniro:

bing
09-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, a well presented car by the PO and one of the best that was posted FS here. Congrats !!

TRAKCAR
09-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys I was looking for a black interior '94 and was going to put the AMG monoblocks on.
This is a '93 but with the face lift and wheels it was prices so I can put a few thousand dollars in to make it a perfect car for me.

BTW the car key is flimsy and it came with only one key, so ordered a new one as well.
I think all the parts come in next week for installation.

So anyone ever put remote start on one of these?

Klink
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
So anyone ever put remote start on one of these?

Please take no offense here, absolutely none is intended.

Once again I am probably completely out on my own, but one of the very last things I would ever want in a vehicle I owned would be the ability to start and run while unattended.

I don't even like it in brand-new cars, but at least in those cases some of the myriad catastrophes that could occur are mitigated by networked systems monitoring things like coolant levels, oil levels, gear lever positions, coolant and exterior temperatures, open or closed doors and hood, doorlock system status etc. Nothing anyone could practically fit to your E5E would have most, if any of these capabilities. Not to mention that even those generally do not have the capability to detect the neighbors child that has entered the vehicle without you knowing, or the screams of your precious pet that was sleeping in the engine compartment.

These things are a damn horrible idea and that is why Mercedes-Benz does not offer them even now, anywhere in the world, even on new cars, and they are way too casually installed on older vehicles like the one you're contemplating.

And will whoever does this installation hack up the wiring in your new pride and joy from hell to breakfast? You bet they will. It's as predictable as Armageddon, and as common as air. Unless they are charging you well into four figures to install it, they can't possibly do otherwise.

I'm not even posting the hornets smilie that I usually do when I think I'm stirring up controversy. These unattended running things are a lurking menace. Somebody with some common, or even some uncommon sense needs to say so. If it winds up being only me, so be it.

Drop the starter kit! Put your hands up! Up high, where I can see 'em!! Step away from the vehicle!

:klink:

TRAKCAR
09-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Being in Hotlanta this time a year you should understand.
Love your avatar

Short version;
My Dually has it. Dually idles for 10 minutes with AC seats no swamp ass.
CL550 does not have it, BMW 535I does not have it (Silver and white color with ceramic tin) both with ventilated seats = swamp ass.

But yes, I get the point about someone hacking into wiring. That's why I've never installed it after market.
I was hoping for a tried and tested install that was not 4 figures :-)

Klink
09-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Being in Hotlanta this time a year you should understand.

Short version;
My Dually has it. Dually idles for 10 minutes with AC seats no swamp ass.
CL550 does not have it, BMW 535I does not have it (Silver and white color with ceramic tin) both with ventilated seats = swamp ass.

But yes, I get the point about someone hacking into wiring. That's why I've never installed it after market.
I was hoping for a tried and tested install that was not 4 figures :-)

Oh, I understand the appeal! Before this 14 years in Hotlanta, I spent 18 years in Tampa!! Swap city USA! Walk out the door at 3 AM and your glasses immediately fog over! By comparison, Atlanta is child's play as far as uncomfortable heat and humidity goes.

Best to you!
Dave K.

TRAKCAR
09-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Got it.
Good window tint (Gonna need one of those white MB stickers) and I'll try to keep the runs from AC garage to A/C warehouse parking at the office.
At least it has the rear window shade, our 2011 BMW 535 does not :nobmw:

TRAKCAR
09-26-2014, 05:10 PM
So I had it for a while now.
I may have figured our why I like 500; effortless speed. Super comfy. Everything I need nothing I don't. Only car people who know, know.

Will update with Photo's.