PDA

View Full Version : OWNER - Ruf500e

Ruf500e
01-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Hello all,

I am back in 500E/E500 world. Some of you might know me as MrRed from other forums but after 3 500E's and 14 years later I am a proud owner of which I believe is the only E500 Limited here in the western region. I purchased this vehicle with the intentions of a complete restoration. I know everyone has there thoughts but for me its worth every penny and it will be done with nothing spared. Im always checking on this forum although I don't post often and I was fortunate that my cousin found this vehicle at the right time for purchase. Craig(previous owner) was a great, humble guy and made the sale transaction as easy as possible. If you guys have any suggestions to where I can find original parts for this vehicle that might help, although i believe a lot will be bought from the dealer directly... Good to be back!

gerryvz
01-17-2015, 10:44 AM
:welcome5: BACK !!

Did you get this car from Craig Ketchen in Canada?

Can you provide some more detailed photos and updates as to things you plan on repairing?

There are actually a few E500 Limiteds in the US ... there were three that were actually officially imported into the US, according to MB records.

You should be able to order any Limited bits/parts from the MB Classic Center, if they are "comm-blocked" at your local stealer. Seeing as Limiteds are not that different from US models, you should have no more difficulty than the rest of us at getting anything, parts-wise.

Anyway, look forward to your future updates !

Cheers,
Gerry

Ruf500e
01-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Hey there Gerry, good to be back. Yes this is the one purchased from Craig. I have not decided how deep of a restoration I want to get into but I think it might end up on a Rotisserie. For now Im going to get her to driving condition and maybe go around the block a couple times :) But here are some more pics in a bit...

500E60
02-16-2015, 10:58 PM
The project on the limited has begun..
https://www.500eboard.com/forums/images/imported/2015/02/146.jpg

Maddic
02-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Is there a FS thread about this car somewhere, or any more info and pic of the car before the restoration?

bing
02-20-2015, 02:34 AM
FS thread here :http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3336