PDA

View Full Version : OWNER - Jaru (Norge)

Jaru
02-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Excuse me. Has anyone seen an Ice Blue Mercedes 500E with creme beige interior? I seem to have misplaced mine... :doh:

Yes Sir I found it! in Oslo, Norway:detective: This car was bought by a company that import classic cars to Norway. I actually bought the car from this company a few days ago.
My name is Jan and I am a new member here. I was just browsing thru the cars for sale section when i came across my car!. I am new to the 500E500 scene and it looks like this great forum will be of help to get to know these cars better. I have had a number of other W/S 124, but the 500E has been out of reach until now. So far the biggest issue with the car is that all books and service records got lost during shipping. I have sent a email to Mercedesshowroom and asked if they could help me get in touch with the previous owner. Maybe he can help me get a copy of service history from the dealer he used to service the car. The radio code is also missing. If any of you have any tips to get hold of the cars history it would be much appriciated.
https://www.500eboard.com/forums/images/imported/2015/02/31.jpg

Ingvar
02-04-2015, 03:54 AM
PM sent..;)..

02-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Congrats! Sadly though, the USA loses another 036.

:o

Hollybrook
02-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Once we ship enough overseas, our prices won't be 20% lower!

gerryvz
02-04-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes Sir I found it! in Oslo, Norway:detective: This car was bought by a company that import classic cars to Norway. I actually bought the car from this company a few days ago.
My name is Jan and I am a new member here. I was just browsing thru the cars for sale section when i came across my car!. I am new to the 500E500 scene and it looks like this great forum will be of help to get to know these cars better. I have had a number of other W/S 124, but the 500E has been out of reach until now. So far the biggest issue with the car is that all books and service records got lost during shipping. I have sent a email to Mercedesshowroom and asked if they could help me get in touch with the previous owner. Maybe he can help me get a copy of service history from the dealer he used to service the car. The radio code is also missing. If any of you have any tips to get hold of the cars history it would be much appreciated.
:welcome5:

Please start an OWNER thread, or let me know and I can use your post as the beginning of your own OWNER thread. Beautiful car and a rare color, indeed.

You Morepay guys are really taking over the forum these days.... :arnt:

Ingvar
02-04-2015, 07:32 AM

Please start an OWNER thread, or let me know and I can use your post as the beginning of your own OWNER thread. Beautiful car and a rare color, indeed.

:goodpoint: :D :D

sheward
02-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Beautiful car! Welcome.

drew

Jaru
02-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Morepay haha never heard that one before.. Feel free to start a OWNER-thread for me:thumbsup2:

gerryvz
02-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Morepay haha never heard that one before.. Feel free to start a OWNER-thread for me:thumbsup2:'Morepay' is the name for Norge that was created by our very longtime and esteemed/respected member 500AMM (Arnt Malmo).

Roma_500E
02-04-2015, 01:40 PM
My GOd !!!!!! What a color combo !!! Unbelievable !!! Stunning !

maw1124
02-04-2015, 01:57 PM

That's my thought exactly. I couldn't understand people clowning the car when it was at Mercedes Showroom in Pompano...

maw

KarlC
02-04-2015, 02:30 PM

This wont be true untill he post lots more photos, please do so asap

Jaru
02-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Thanks everybody for all the positive feedback, this looks like an active forum:thumbsup2:

I dont have much pictures yet. But is there no way to add files (pictures) directly without the URL option?

Klink
02-04-2015, 03:10 PM

That's my thought exactly. I couldn't understand people clowning the car when it was at Mercedes Showroom in Pompano...

maw

I remember that Klink guy liking it, too. :jono:

gerryvz
02-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks everybody for all the positive feedback, this looks like an active forum:thumbsup2:

I dont have much pictures yet. But is there no way to add files (pictures) directly without the URL option?Please review this document in the WIki.

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/wiki_index.php?title=How-to-upload-images-photos-to-the-forum

Jaru
02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Here is a few pictures from the ad and pick up here in Oslo.

gsxr
02-04-2015, 04:01 PM
There were only four 500E's imported to USA in Pearl Blue / Ice Blue. This one, the infamous RENNtech 6-speed car, one with a salvage title, and fourth with an accident history. This was definitely a rare bird!

:jono:

modzona
02-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Hei å velkommen til klubben :D (hi and welcome to the club)

Where are you located in Norway?
Did you buy the car with plates on it or do you have to do the registration job your self?

bing
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Wow ! Is this the first 036 from the US bought by a Euro member then ? Can't think of anyone else on this board to have done so .:?

Congrats !!

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6474

Jaru
02-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Hei å velkommen til klubben :D (hi and welcome to the club)

Where are you located in Norway?
Did you buy the car with plates on it or do you have to do the registration job your self?

Thanks Martin, lots of Norwegians her:)
Strømmen, just outside Oslo.
I have to pay toll and get i registered my self.

Jaru
02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Got some more info on the 500 today.
Check out code 662 and 664, what wheels is this car delivered with?

Thanks to Clark for helping me with the radio code, the Becker Grand Prix 1432 plays rather well:p
Doesn't look like it was delivered with cd changer..?

gerryvz
02-05-2015, 03:12 PM
In the US market, CD changers were not delivered from the factory and wouldn't be listed with an option code. Rather, they were exclusively a dealer-installed option, and installed just prior to customer delivery typically at the customer's request.

Cheers,
Gerry

Jaru
02-05-2015, 03:19 PM
In the US market, CD changers were not delivered from the factory and wouldn't be listed with an option code. Rather, they were exclusively a dealer-installed option, and installed just prior to customer delivery typically at the customer's request.

Cheers,
Gerry

Thanks Gerry. Any idea about the 17" wheels? Code 662-664.

gerryvz
02-05-2015, 03:24 PM
It looks like those codes denote that the car was delivered with the factory "Evo II" sport wheels, but chromed (which would have been a US only dealer option). But I may be wrong on that - I'm not a wheel expert.

Also, I do see "Mushroom" leather listed in the official VeDoc that was provided you.

That's a note for GSXR :mushroom:

Klink
02-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks Gerry. Any idea about the 17" wheels? Code 662-664.

That code is described falsely as the "star design" wheel. That car came with the standard 8 hole 16" wheels. I've been noticing that for some time, and it is indeed false for USA/Cali (494) version vehicles. I plugged my VIN into EPC and it comes up with the same SA codes. I'd bet that every .036 USA car shows that wheel code. Inerestingly enough, a VMI shows the same code number, but with the text "No Description" Many ot the other SA codes come up with that text as well.
:klink:

Jaru
02-06-2015, 01:12 AM
That code is described falsely as the "star design" wheel. That car came with the standard 8 hole 16" wheels. I've been noticing that for some time, and it is indeed false for USA/Cali (494) version vehicles. I plugged my VIN into EPC and it comes up with the same SA codes. I'd bet that every .036 USA car shows that wheel code. Inerestingly enough, a VMI shows the same code number, but with the text "No Description" Many ot the other SA codes come up with that text as well.

Thanks Klink, thats interesting. I thought the tire size described (275/55 R 17) Seemed a bit large compared to the 225/55-16 on the 8"x16".
The good thing is that I don't have to go out and source a new set of wheels..:jono:

gsxr
02-06-2015, 09:09 AM
I've been noticing that for some time, and it is indeed false for USA/Cali (494) version vehicles.
+1. Do not trust descriptions shown in the EPC for either color codes or SA codes. The codes are correct, the descriptions are frequently NOT accurate. You will need to use an external translation sheet.

:matrix: :stirthepot:

johan h
02-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Välkommen till detta eminenta forum Jaru. Vilken fantastisk vagn du har införskaffat. Älskar verkligen den färgen. Det är bra att vi nordbor snart ha tagit över forumet/E500E-beståndet ;)

Jaru
02-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Välkommen till detta eminenta forum Jaru. Vilken fantastisk vagn du har införskaffat. Älskar verkligen den färgen. Det är bra att vi nordbor snart ha tagit över forumet/E500E-beståndet ;)

Tack så mycket Johan:) verkar vara et mycket bra forum.

gerryvz
02-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Hi Jaru,

We are eagerly awaiting more photos of your beautiful car!

Jeg elsker den økende 500E / E500 entusiasme i Skandinavia !!

Jaru
02-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi Jaru,

We are eagerly awaiting more photos of your beautiful car!

Jeg elsker den økende 500E / E500 entusiasme i Skandinavia !!

Hehe you know your languages Gerry! The car sits in my garage waiting for the snow to melt..

A bit off topic, but I spoke to my friend Hans (hkollan) the other day, he told me you used to have a 906 300SEL 6.3 with red leather interior so i thought I could show you a few photos of my 906 280SE 3.5 with a 5.0 from a W126 500SEL...

Roma_500E
02-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Looks like some misalighnment with driver side inner fender, make sure you take care of it before driving it cuz it will be destroyed pretty fast.

P.S. Exterior color is just fantastic, I look at it and want to look more :p

Jaru
02-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Looks like some misalighnment with driver side inner fender, make sure you take care of it before driving it cuz it will be destroyed pretty fast.

P.S. Exterior color is just fantastic, I look at it and want to look more :p

Jaru
02-09-2015, 09:09 AM
I have noticed that the rear bumper doesn't lign up with the wheel arch. Does it look like the bumper is in the right posision under the tail light, or is it supposed to go further forwards?

Does the 036 share rear bumpers with other w124 with narrow fenders? If not could this be a standard w124 bumper?

It has stickers with the VIN on it though...

gerryvz
02-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Looks to me like the bumper was removed for repainting and not quite lined up / pushed all the way on when re-installed.

Roma_500E
02-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Does the 036 share rear bumpers with other w124 with narrow fenders? If not could this be a standard w124 bumper?

It has stickers with the VIN on it though...

Nope , E500E has its own unique rear bumper.

Moreover, there is plastic insert (sort of small inner fender) between bumper and body that you may lost due to misalighnment . This plastic piece is also 036 unique. Check yours and make sure you buy one in case you lost it. I paid $56 in 2012.

P.S. It definetely should be more forward, kind like on my ca maybe more . (pic attached)

500AMM
02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello Jan - congrats with your new ride - and welcome to the board!:welcome4:

The car looks great, and it is the second 500E recently sold to a private owner here in Norway over the last two weeks.
Here is the Norwegian sales note on your car: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=55374074&searchclickthrough=true
..and here is the other car I mentioned: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=44537274

Both cars were discussed on our Mercedes-Benz Entusiastklubb forum, and both need a 036 headlight replacement, so in case you need the PN's on the lamps & lenses I've posted them here, see Svar #10: http://mbentusiastklubb.no/smf/index.php?topic=68777.msg411447#msg411447

The previous Norwegian joining the board was Ingvar with his Nautic Blue he picked up in Sweden last year:
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7216&p=90129#post90129

Wow ! Is this the first 036 from the US bought by a Euro member then ? Can't think of anyone else on this board to have done so .:?

Congrats !!
Bing, to my knowledge is Jan's car the second US 036 imported to Norway. The previous came in late autumn 2014 by member stonyk
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5900

Jan, your car is the 40th original 124036 I have in my Norwegian register. All in all I have 56 cars on the list, where the 16 others are converted cars in any form;
- complete chassis replacements
- spliced cars
- converted regular 124s
- converted station wagons
- we even have a converted CE here
- I do also have a Löwer Benz on the list, with no relation to the 124036, but a rare car though

Norwegian owners has quite an individual attitiude about their ownership, which makes it hard to get information to that little register. I highly appreciate at least the VIN, but also import date, reg.number, mileage, color, any essential info about the car, and the owners contact information (Mobile & Email). I never publish sensitive information, it's just to keep an overview of the 124036 stable in Norway.

Ciao,
Arnt

Jaru
02-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Thanks a lot Arnt! :p Very intersting to hear about your register. I'll be more than happy to send you a copy of my datacard and contact info.

Jan

Jaru
02-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Bought a 200E partscar for salvage price the other day.
would like to swap the lower dashboard panel on my 500E to euro style.
are these parts interchangable when the partscar doesn't have an airbag on the passengerside?

KarlC
02-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Hehe you know your languages Gerry! The car sits in my garage waiting for the snow to melt..

A bit off topic, but I spoke to my friend Hans (hkollan) the other day, he told me you used to have a 906 300SEL 6.3 with red leather interior so i thought I could show you a few photos of my 906 280SE 3.5 with a 5.0 from a W126 500SEL...

Love it !

Klink
02-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Bought a 200E partscar for salvage price the other day.
would like to swap the lower dashboard panel on my 500E to euro style.
are these parts interchangable when the partscar doesn't have an airbag on the passengerside?

Yes. You will have to do some trimming, hole drilling and the like, but at initial assembly they started with the same basic dashboard shell, and it is the cars with steering wheel adjustment and / or passenger bag that take the additional trimming, so you should be good to go. I have wanted to do the same thing myslef forever, at least removing that obnoxious lump on the driver side, and no, I'm not talking about me (the driver)...

:arnt: You must have Terje Rypdal or Trygve Seim playing loudly while you do this work, then everything will come out good...
:jono:

Jaru
02-13-2015, 01:34 PM
KarlC:Thanks:p

Klink:thats good news, then I'll take out all the mushroom parts..:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

gerryvz
02-14-2015, 06:35 AM

A bit off topic, but I spoke to my friend Hans (hkollan) the other day, he told me you used to have a 906 300SEL 6.3 with red leather interior so i thought I could show you a few photos of my 906 280SE 3.5 with a 5.0 from a W126 500SEL...Yes, I've known Hans for about 15 years, and he was very much one of the original inspirations for me buying my E500 back in 2003. I think DB 906 (gray-blue metallic) is one of the best exterior colors on the 108/109/111/112 models.

Your car is beautiful !! Love it very much !! More pics please !!

Jaru
02-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Yes, I've known Hans for about 15 years, and he was very much one of the original inspirations for me buying my E500 back in 2003. I think DB 906 (gray-blue metallic) is one of the best exterior colors on the 108/109/111 (tel:108/109/111)/112 models.

Your car is beautiful !! Love it very much !! More pics please !!

Thanks Gerry. Totally agree on the 906 color. Your 6.3 looks awsome. I have seen this color combination on one other 108/109 here in Norway, I guess it's pretty rare. Love the wood on the dashboard, and the Reims adapter. Do you still own it?

you can check out this thread for more pics on my 280SE 5.0 on a Norwegian forum.
http://mbentusiastklubb.no/smf/index.php?topic=50870.msg293741#msg293741

Jan

Jaru
06-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Finally got Norwegian plates:p

Took the 500E for a trip to Germany this weekend to visit the Bockhorn Oldtimer markt. 2000km without any problems. I am not impressed by the brakes though. So a brake upgrade is on my list. Before the trip i changed the front shocks to Bilstein Sprint. They seem to work fine, but the ride is surprisingly soft and it leans a bit much over in the corners. Are the alternative springs available that are a bit stiffer? I want to keep original ride height or close to it.

What impressed me the most was the stability in high speed and the ridecomfort. The seats fits me perfect and my back did not even hurt after 12 hours of driving. This is not the case in my other W124 with standard seats. And I just love the sound it makes...

500AMM
06-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Finally got Norwegian plates:p

Took the 500E for a trip to Germany this weekend to visit the Bockhorn Oldtimer markt. 2000km without any problems. I am not impressed by the brakes though. So a brake upgrade is on my list. Before the trip i changed the front shocks to Bilstein Sprint. They seem to work fine, but the ride is surprisingly soft and it leans a bit much over in the corners. Are the alternative springs available that are a bit stiffer? I want to keep original ride height or close to it.

What impressed me the most was the stability in high speed and the ridecomfort. The seats fits me perfect and my back did not even hurt after 12 hours of driving. This is not the case in my other W124 with standard seats. And I just love the sound it makes...
Hei Jan Rune

Your car looks great! :-)

I'm not sure you have any options for stiffer springs with the original ride height, except for the E60 AMG springs which is a bit lower. But the roll when curving is also related to the swaybars. It is/was a group-buy going here on upgraded swaybars; http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5726
(http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5726)The rear Stage 1 is done, and I organized a small batch delivery to Norway last year. We have been waiting for the front Stage 1 & 2, but the last I heard from Jackasic is that they will likely not be made, unless anyone really want them. It's pity, peps have been waiting for them, so I've start looking for an alternativ production in Europe, probably Germany.

-a-

gsxr
05-16-2017, 08:36 AM
I hear this car was sold and went to a new home? Any details? Is the new owner on the forum?

:apl:

lowman
05-17-2017, 09:41 AM
checked it up on the "system" here in Norway...and it seems it got a new owner from 22.2 2017 indeed.Was first registered here in Norway 2.6.2015 (on my birthday actually :)...but i do not know more than that .

maybe someone will chime in.

lowman
06-06-2017, 08:54 AM
im not shure..but i have a "feeling" this one for sale here..is the one in this thread.
EDIT: it IS the same car :)i checked the first registration date..and its the same date :)so i guess the car is a flipper..or what ever its called :)
its in Norwegian..but i have a look :)
https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=97910683

The price is 35000 dollars...approx

lowman
06-06-2017, 02:23 PM
for those of you might be interested in checking out the ad for the car...it seems that the car is now sold.the ad is no longer active.
:?

500AMM
06-08-2017, 06:41 AM
for those of you might be interested in checking out the ad for the car...it seems that the car is now sold.the ad is no longer active.
:?

Stefan,

FYI - the sale of Jaru's car was discussed here some weeks ago, post #56;
http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6474

The car now resides in middle of Norway in Verdal.