PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: E500 LIMITED in my backyard

T-500
12-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Yesterday, while in the tiny spit of US land, Point Roberts, just south of Vancouver, I saw this Limited.

It is obviously out of Japan, judging by the side repeater lights.

I am sure the owner was standing in the same lineup as me at the shipping depot.

This is a popular spot for car enthusiasts to p/u car parts, shipped from the US.

I parked my 500E a couple of cars away.

Though I was only a few minutes, the car was gone when I came out.

https://www.500eboard.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/50.jpg

sheward
12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
cool. And a Limited too. In the 5 or 6 years of ownership i have only had maybe 10 or 12 encounters, outside of shops and the like, while driving 25000 miles annually in the large metropolis of Atlanta. Much more unlikely in your location. I have never seen a Limited.

2phast
12-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Side repeaters are used on euro cars as well. If the climate control was push button, that would tell you its a JDM car, if its manual dials, it would be a euro car.

T-500
12-18-2010, 08:17 PM
True, Rik.
I jumped to a conclusion. As it was close to closing time, I thought, I didn't check out the interior, immediately - then it was gone!
I know there is someone in Vancouver I've never encountered before, with anE500E.
They posted on MBWorld, had a bad online purchase experience from a SoCal source.
I PM'd him asking for a reply, but no response.
I've no idea if this is the same guy.

2phast
12-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Either way, its a Limited and a rare find.

T-500
12-19-2010, 08:40 AM
cool. And a Limited too. In the 5 or 6 years of ownership i have only had maybe 10 or 12 encounters, outside of shops and the like, while driving 25000 miles annually in the large metropolis of Atlanta. Much more unlikely in your location. I have never seen a Limited.
Hi Drew;
We don't get as many exotic cars purchased new here, that's for sure.
However, it is much easier to import cars here, than the US.
I made the lazy assumption that it was JDM because of the large numbers of 4x4's, Porsches, BMW's, JDM AMG's, and to a lesser extent, MB's - usually of the W140 variety, imported from Japan.
Also, many Lexus (Lexi???) badged as "Toyota", and right-hand-drive. One guy on my street, had 5 Skylines in his driveway.
When they reach 15 years old, and are Import Duties free, we tend to get surviving exotica washing up on our shores. :)

500ESpain
01-23-2011, 04:37 AM
I had another spotting experience yesterday.

I was parked waiting for a friend when from a near doorway came a gentleman who stood there looking at the car. I looked him back like saying "Hey, buddy, you like the car, uh? Take a good look at it because you don't see one of these everyday :coolgleam: ". Then on my right appeared a great looking black E500 driven by a chauffeur. The gentleman jumped in the back seat and they drove away down the street.

I felt obviously stupid!