ADMIN EDIT: For sale on eBay in Sept-2018, with Portland listed as location. See post #17 for details. Thread title updated.
I'm selling my 1993 500E (VIN WDBEA36E5PB979499) which is currently located in Palo Alto, CA. I'm asking $13K. This car has a Salvage title, hence the price. I know that's a turn-off for a lot of people, but if you're still interested read on.
It's a great car and I love it, but I just don't drive it. I work in CA but pretty much live in Portland OR and so it doesn't get a lot of attention. It's in great shape, with a couple of minor issues, but it would make a fine daily driver. I bought it in September, 2007 with 92,114 miles, and it's currently up to 103,398. The reason for the Salvage title was apparently a hit to the right front fender, but that was all repaired before I bought the car.
The biggest current issues are:
- SRS light is on. This started a couple of months ago
- The transmission flares a bit between first and second and was this way when I bought it. The fluid has been replaced, and it's not bad, but noticeable
- Temperature dash LCD display is starting to bleed
- Lower front air dam has a crack
- Headliner is saggy
The car had been sitting for awhile when I bought it, so I did do some work to get it in shape. It's an original 040 car and the paint was redone in 2007. It's not showroom quality, but it's in very good condition. Other things in no particular order:
- Fifteen 52 17" x 8" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires (done at 102970 miles. The original wheels are available but in Portland, more on that below)
- Disconnected the alarm system: before this the turn signals and headlights would occasionally flash randomly after locking the doors
- New starter
- New battery, January 2014 (under battery tender since)
- New window tint
- New engine and transmission mounts
- Replaced the driver's side tie rod
- Replaced the rear strut bushings
- New AC/climate control unit
- Zapco subwoofer and amp, new stereo wiring everywhere, Rainbow speakers in the back, and Jehnert speakers with door panels in the front
- Euro headlights
- New throttle body actuator
- Replaced upper and lower wiring harness
More pictures are here:
As mentioned above, the car is in Palo Alto but the original wheels are in Portland. If you're interested in the original wheels we could negotiate something. I go back and forth once a month, and so I apologize if I can't show it to you right away!
If interested, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org