Thread: MBUSA Dealer Window Stickers by Year

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

MBUSA Dealer Window Stickers by Year

Below are actual examples of dealer window stickers used by MBUSA, by model year. Research shows that it appears MB used the same sticker format from the late 1980s through 1995.

There was also a definitive change in model year 1996.

1991_500SL.jpg

Screenshot 2018-03-27 09.46.40.jpg

Screenshot 2018-03-27 09.46.29.jpg

1994_SL500.jpg

328cc66c0441c3b17da93d1a87bd2b32.jpg 1995 SLl500b.JPG

1996_SL500.JPG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

gsxr (03-27-2018)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Re: MBUSA Dealer Window Stickers by Year

I'm going to use my 1995 dealer window sticker as the basis for the remanufactured ones I'm going to do. This is because it was tucked away in an owner's manual packet, and never saw the light of day after the car was delivered. Most of the other ones that one sees are faded and/or yellowed. The one I have is very very fresh and crisp, and also has no glue marks on it, and still has the perforated area at the bottom with the vehicle's VIN number on it (which is usually torn off upon application or removal).

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

gsxr (03-27-2018), JC220 (03-27-2018), LWB250 (03-27-2018), nocfn (03-27-2018)

I just checked with MBCC and they do not offer repro window stickers.

1992 500E
    1994 E500
    2011 E550 4Matic

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

I've received a couple of dealer windshield stickers for E500Es from folks.

Many thanks to those who have sent. I would like to get additional ones for reference, particularly from a 1994 model if possible.

It's not going to be that big of a deal to create these windshield stickers. However, they won't be truly accurate unless/until I know the location where the car was brought into the country at; the prep center before it was sent to the dealer; and the selling dealer's name. That's the kicker.

There are only a limited number of ports of entry, so this is not a huge deal. The biggest deal is the selling dealer. The best place to find that information is in the first stamps in the service booklet, if you have yours available. The selling dealer will also give a good idea of where the prep center was for the car.

If you have a VMI (Vehicle Master Inquiry) for your car, then you can look for the "Selling Dealer" place, and it will provide a five-digit code. For my car, from its VMI, this Selling Dealer code is 05721.

The Wiki provides a list of these codes and their corresponding dealers. This list is here: https://www.500eboard.com/forums/wik...A-Dealer-Codes

In my case, there is no dealer with code 05721, so this means that my car's original selling dealer either went out of business, or it changed hands and/or moved and was issued a new code. All of the other dealerships with "057XX" dealer codes reside in Southern California (between LA and San Diego), so it's very very likely that my car was sold by an Orange County dealer when new.

I'm going to create a dealer windshield sticker for my car in the coming weeks, and post it here. If folks like what they see, then I'll move for additional graphics, production and process improvements and move the windshield stickers into production. At that time, I'll have a better idea of what I'll have to charge for them, but it will likely be in excess of $100 per windshield sticker, because of the time, expense and oversize postage involved to ship the windshield stickers to keep them flat. This is going to be a significant up-front investment of many hours.

Cheers,
    Gerry

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

a777fan (03-27-2018), bpat (03-27-2018), gsxr (03-27-2018), mwaldron (03-28-2018), sheward (03-27-2018)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

MB Ports of Entry (E500E time frame):
    • Baltimore, MD
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Houston, TX - ?
    • San Francisco, CA
    • Los Angeles, CA

MB Vehicle Prep Centers (E500E time frame):
    • Midwest: CHICAGO
    • South/Southeast: JACKSONVILLE
    • NorCal/Pacific Northwest: SAN FRANCISCO
    • East Coast/New England: BELCAMP/NY (Belcamp, MD - located north-east of Baltimore)
    • East Coast/Mid-Atlantic: BELCAMP/WASH (Belcamp, MD - located north-east of Baltimore)
    • SoCal/Southwest: LOS ANGELES

MB Vehicle Transporters (E500E time frame):
    • Northern California/Pacific Northwest: Sierra Mountain
    • Florida/Southeast/South: Centurion Auto Transport
    • Mid-Atlantic/East Coast/Midwest: Nu-Car Carriers, Inc.
    • Mid-Atlantic/East Coast/Midwest: E&L Transport Company
    • Southern California/Southwest: Port Terminal Transport, Inc.

Interesting my red car VMI shows the dealer number 67242 which is not on the list. However, I noticed all the PA dealers start with 67 and this car came from PA. VMI indicates all the warranty works was done by dealer 67267, Sun Motor Cars, Inc. in Mechanicsburg, PA.

1992 500E
    1994 E500
    2011 E550 4Matic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maui For This Useful Post:

gsxr (03-27-2018)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

It's likely that your car is from a dealer that moved or changed owners, and then was assigned a new number.

Part of the problem with my list in the Wiki is that it is a relatively current list, not the list that would have covered all of the dealers back in the early to mid 1990s. So, a lot of the numbers have changed.

I've never been able to get a comprehensive list of dealer numbers from "back in the day" when our cars were new, unfortunately. I've tried a number of sources.

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

I've got the base dealer window sticker scanned that I'll use as the foundation. I now need to begin the laborious process of cleaning it up, pixel by pixel. It's a high-resolution (600dpi) scan. That process will begin soon, but first the new one-year contract will be initiated for the XenForo-based site. That contract will be purchased tomorrow (Friday), and installation of the software and add-ons will begin over the weekend.

I would still like to get a photo of a 1992 and particularly a 1994 model year US dealer window sticker. If you have such, please let me know and/or e-mail me at gerry@vanzandt.us

Cheers,
    Gerry

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

a777fan (03-29-2018), Maui (03-29-2018)

US 1994 E500 sticker just emailed

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Quote Originally Posted by S500E View Post
    US 1994 E500 sticker just emailed
    Received - thank you very much, Sir !!

I have my 1991 c126 laminated, do you need that gvz?
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    It's likely that your car is from a dealer that moved or changed owners, and then was assigned a new number.

Part of the problem with my list in the Wiki is that it is a relatively current list, not the list that would have covered all of the dealers back in the early to mid 1990s. So, a lot of the numbers have changed.

I've never been able to get a comprehensive list of dealer numbers from "back in the day" when our cars were new, unfortunately. I've tried a number of sources.
    Would a printed/bound dealer directory that MB used to stuff into the glove box possibly provide the list & crosswalk you need? I come across them every now and then on ebay. Perhaps the code is provided with the dealer entry.
    2014 MB E63S, 2008 Tundra, 2006 Lotus Exige S, 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser, 1996 Ford Bronco, and some other interesting and not so interesting vehicles.

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

No, it won't. That booklet is a consumer-level booklet (and I have at least 30 of them in my collection, from various years) that just illustrates to owners where their nearest stealerships are, or are located in case they break down whilst traveling. These booklets mainly contain maps and address data by state for the current dealer roster at the time.

What I'm looking for is a list of five-digit MBNA dealer codes that was used internally by MBAG and MBNA to reference specific dealers.

I do have the examples of the window stickers that I need. They are scanned and I am (slowly) in the process of putting the first, sample, window sticker together. Preparation of each sticker is going to be around 4-5x the amount of work required for a data card, due to the specifics for each car and the amount of text that has to be formatted for each sticker.

Should be a nice project, however.

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Clearly, you need more vehicles to wrench on...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

Trae (04-11-2018)

No, it won't. That booklet is a consumer-level booklet (and I have at least 30 of them in my collection, from various years) that just illustrates to owners where their nearest stealerships are, or are located in case they break down whilst traveling. These booklets mainly contain maps and address data by state for the current dealer roster at the time.

What I'm looking for is a list of five-digit MBNA dealer codes that was used internally by MBAG and MBNA to reference specific dealers.

I do have the examples of the window stickers that I need. They are scanned and I am (slowly) in the process of putting the first, sample, window sticker together. Preparation of each sticker is going to be around 4-5x the amount of work required for a data card, due to the specifics for each car and the amount of text that has to be formatted for each sticker.

I'm in when you get to production, I'd go for 2, except one is a Japan build..
    04 E500-359 * 00 SL500-040 * 99 SL500-366 * 94 E420-744 * 92 500E-481/498 * 92 500E-199 * 92 300CE-199