Thread: Ignition parts/ rotor and distributor cap brand"discovery"

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

Ignition parts/ rotor and distributor cap brand"discovery"

hey people
    I just decided to post a new thread on this,as there are quite a few threads where i "could" post this,but i wanted to separate it into one new thread rather than mixing in with other threads n not directly the same topic

Im working on a customers 500e at work these days
    And some of the work that is beeing carried out,is your common " rotor /cap" replacement
    Where i work,we source some different aftermarked parts,and the ignition parts going in this specific car ,is Beru

What the nerdy me discovered,is that these Beru parts,is actually original Mercedes parts,or at least Doduco parts.Let me correct myself abit ,,,the rotors are definetly doduco parts,and does have the 119 partsnumber on them..and they are 100% like the original new in box Mercedes ones.

The distributor caps, i also took of the plastic cover ,to reveal that it does seem like an doduco part also...apart from the DD logo missing inside the circle where you would expect to find the DD logo.

Anyways,i reckon this topic may been covered somewhere,or that someone elses may have seen this before,,but i wanted to post it just in case it hasnt been covered.

This car also has the First Gen rotor brackets,so the new rotors had to be filed down ,to make em seat properly.

Here is some pics

The car im working on.1991 500e

Mercedes 119 partsnumber,hard to see..but its there.Also, it can be seen that it has the clear laquer topcoat,that the original mercedes parts does have

inside, nice laquer finish

here you can see on the top cover on the cap,that there is an rectangular stamped area,where mercedes parts number would normally be..even though i thought Original MB caps where Bosch,but this does in some way prove something else..at least it does so abit.

Here i have taken off the plastic cover,to have a look.And what i found is that the round circle mold, (on the oposite side(left side in the picture) of the date stamp mold)"could" be a part of(an incomplete version)of the DD logo,as it has the same size to it,as the one found on the rotor,

Here you can clearly see the DD (Doduco brand) logo

Modification of the rotor,to fit to the First Gen Rotor bracket( the flat one ).Just filed down the casting which you can see in the above picture

Beru partsnumber for the rotor

Beru partsnumber for the distributor cap

What i was in some way trying to say was,that these parts made at leas me comfortable buying Beru parts for this car,and i also just found it to be interesting when it comes to the "aftermarked Vs Original parts reboxing subject" that has been going on all over this forum

Thanx
    Last edited by lowman; 04-23-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    1992 w124 500e "Blackbeauty"
    1989 w201 190e 2.5-16 Evo spec "Evoltwin"
    2003 Ford Focus Rs (Sold )

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

emerydc8 (04-23-2018), Eno (04-23-2018), ghm (04-23-2018), JC220 (04-23-2018), mercepor (04-23-2018), nocfn (04-23-2018)

Re: Ignition parts/ rotor and distributor cap brand"discovery"

I would agree that the Beru rotors looks like the OE Mercedes, but in the picture I attached, the caps are quite a bit different. The OE Mercedes cap is Bosch.

Both the Beru cap and rotors seem to be working fine on my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

lowman (04-23-2018)

E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man

Re: Ignition parts/ rotor and distributor cap brand"discovery"

I do know the original Mercedes caps are Bosch ,at least the recent ones ,what I meant was maybe they could have been DD at an earlier stage ?thanx for comment
    1992 w124 500e "Blackbeauty"
    1989 w201 190e 2.5-16 Evo spec "Evoltwin"
    2003 Ford Focus Rs (Sold )