Thread: OWNER - dorifuto.boi

OWNER - dorifuto.boi

Hey guys,

My name is David and I just picked up my 1992 MB 500E 2 days ago which is my first German car. I don't know what colour the car is but it has 96,000 KM but has a lot of little problems that I'm going to fix one at a time. Also I'm not sure why the previous owner face lifted the front end and the rear lights but not the trunk. I have already started to read the How To's and I hope I can learn a lot from you all !
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dorifuto.boi For This Useful Post:

gsxr (4 Weeks Ago), sheward (4 Weeks Ago), TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Re: OWNER - dorifuto.boi

Looks nice - welcome to the forum!

Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Where are you located — Stuttgart area?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Looks nice - welcome to the forum!
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post

Where are you located — Stuttgart area?
    Thanks ! I am in North East Florida.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dorifuto.boi For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Welcome!

Wow, Your in Florida but your car has German plates. Did you import it? You have come to the right forum for help. Many here are very knowledgeable on these cars.

See the Lotus in the garage. Nice.

More pics and info please.
    Terry

Site Admin
    auto enthusiast...

Welcome! You have a cool collection of cars. I’d love to see more pix of the R32 too
    '94 E500 (744) | '94 E500 (199)         Misc. snapshots

Putting the VIN in DataMB.com will give you the color. Based on the pictures, I'm betting Blauschwarz (199).

Robert

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Looks like a standard, blue-black metallic (DB199 color code, aka black pearl) car to me. Interestingly, the standard-issue Alto Gray lower cladding has been painted over to body color, in a monochrome setup. Not an uncommon thing for owners in the 2000s to do, to seemingly "update" and "modernise" the looks of their cars.

Color code information: https://www.500eboard.com/forums/wik...0E-Paint-Codes

Quote Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
    Welcome!
    Wow, Your in Florida but your car has German plates. Did you import it? You have come to the right forum for help. Many here are very knowledgeable on these cars.
    See the Lotus in the garage. Nice.
    More pics and info please.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Welcome! You have a cool collection of cars. I’d love to see more pix of the R32 too

Thanks guys ! TerryA, I imported the car from Japan but according to DataMB.com, the "Order Location" is "DRESDEN BRANCH" so I think it was imported to Japan from Germany. I just put on the German plates to be a poser haha.

The Lotus is a 2008 Elise SC with 35k miles. It's basically stock right now and I don't really have any plans for it besides 3M crystalline 40% tint.

The r32 is a 1991 Skyline GTR with 95k miles. I swapped in R34 Skyline GTR turbos, no brand cat delete pipe, and TEIN (not sure what model) coil overs. It also has 3M crystalline 40% tint. Everything else is stock including the ECU tune and cat back exhaust. The only things I'm going to do to the Skyline is to install bronze NISMO style "replica" wheels and install a 3M blue/purple vinyl wrap.

I don't have many pictures of my cars but I have attached a few that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrepid View Post
    Putting the VIN in DataMB.com will give you the color. Based on the pictures, I'm betting Blauschwarz (199).
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Looks like a standard, blue-black metallic (DB199 color code, aka black pearl) car to me. Interestingly, the standard-issue Alto Gray lower cladding has been painted over to body color, in a monochrome setup. Not an uncommon thing for owners in the 2000s to do, to seemingly "update" and "modernise" the looks of their cars.
    Color code information: https://www.500eboard.com/forums/wik...0E-Paint-Codes
    Yeah ! I looked up on DataMB.com and it is "BLUE-BLACK - METALLIC PAINT (199U)" with "LEATHER ANTHRACITE (271)" interior. I kind of like the two tone colour but this will have to do.

After fixing the little problems, I want to polish and ceramic coat (for the UV protection) the paint, install 3m crystalline 40% tint, and swap on AMG wheels. Other than what I will do, I think the only thing thats not stock is the Lorinser cat back exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorifuto.boi For This Useful Post:

Glen (4 Weeks Ago), gsxr (4 Weeks Ago)

.036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin

Quote Originally Posted by dorifuto.boi View Post
    Thanks guys ! TerryA, I imported the car from Japan but according to DataMB.com, the "Order Location" is "DRESDEN BRANCH" so I think it was imported to Japan from Germany. I just put on the German plates to be a poser haha. I looked up on DataMB.com and it is "BLUE-BLACK - METALLIC PAINT (199U)" with "LEATHER ANTHRACITE (271)" interior. I kind of like the two tone colour but this will have to do.
    199 is known as Pearl Black Metallic in USA, and is the most common paint color on the .036 both in USA and worldwide. IMO the stock 2-tone with Alto Gray lowers is not particularly attractive, but you wouldn't be the first person to undo a monochrome treatment and go back to stock.

If the car really is an original German delivery, it will have an engine oil cooler, which is a nice bonus. Japan-spec (and all USA-spec) cars did not receive the oil cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    If the car really is an original German delivery, it will have an engine oil cooler, which is a nice bonus. Japan-spec (and all USA-spec) cars did not receive the oil cooler.
    Oh cool. Is the oil cooler pretty obvious in front of the radiator ? Or is it off to one of the sides ? I want to check to see if I have it.

Yes, just in the lower middle in the front of the radiator.. can not miss it
    500E - 1992 - v.EU
    E320 Convertible - 1994 - v.EU
    SL500 - 1997 - "40th Anniversary Roadster"
    G500 - 2015 - v.EU
    CLA 200 AMG/Shootingbrake - 2016 - v.EU

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bb1 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (4 Weeks Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Yes, just in the lower middle in the front of the radiator.. can not miss it
    I just checked and there is one !

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dorifuto.boi For This Useful Post:

gsxr (4 Weeks Ago)