Thread: Ceginus 17 x 8.25 MB wheels A1294011292

Ceginus 17 x 8.25 MB wheels A1294011292

I want to share my latest purchase for the E500. I am a bit of a purist, like the stock look but can't see spending 1500 to 2400 per wheel on NEEZ or HRE right now. So the EVO 2 wheels appealed to me and I have been searching for EVO 2 wheels in for a few months and ended up with these via alloywheelsdirect.net who got them shipped from Germany. They are the 17 x 8.25 size. The only versions available are the silver painted and in 8.25 width only. Based on the numbers it looks like 2017 production. Bought proper bolts from captruff and putting on 245 45 17 tires. I hope they work with my lowered H & R springs. See Pictures BELOW.

Cost was $1734usd plus they charged me $218usd shipping and there was a $53usd international shipping charges. Note the 2017 production dates on the wheels. Had them delivered within A WEEK. About $2000USD was what I spent to get them to my warehouse in CA.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinconmann For This Useful Post:

captruff (4 Weeks Ago), gsxr (4 Weeks Ago), mercepor (4 Weeks Ago), sheward (4 Weeks Ago), TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Re: Ceginus 17 x 8.25 MB wheels A1294011292

Very nice!!
    "Nice Things Cost Money" - Oskar Schindler

4. The Following User Says Thank You to captruff For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

Very nice. Time to get them on a lathe to put on the diamond finish (and make them period correct)!

Robert

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ntrepid For This Useful Post:

TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

And they still have them in stock (well, at least the site let me load 4 more and checkout).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwontumspeed For This Useful Post:

sheward (4 Weeks Ago), TerryA (4 Weeks Ago)

On my new wheels; 75mm center caps. What were the period correct caps? I have my OEM MB plastic painted silver caps from the 16's with peeling paint so I need to replace. I would like to know the OEM for the 95 limited with the EVO wheels. I like the Porsche center caps that some members have used on their wheels. It's a great conversation starter if nothing else. Not sure how they made them work. Porsche did build the car with MB so purists can't get too excited. On those Porsche center caps; I assume they had to modify something to get the back retention system to work as they all look different. Anyways any ideas out there for center caps are appreciated. My car is metallic silver. I have a 997 with painted crests that visually appear to be the same size so worst case I can remove one and "check it out".

I have heard diamond finish mentioned; can someone explain and what is involved? I have no clue what is means. The idea of taking a lath to my new wheels is daunting and who does that work? Is that the brushed with clear coat that came on the EVO2 car?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rinconmann For This Useful Post:

TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by rinconmann View Post
    On my new wheels; 75mm center caps. What were the period correct caps? I have my OEM MB plastic painted silver caps from the 16's with peeling paint so I need to replace. I would like to know the OEM for the 95 limited with the EVO wheels. I like the Porsche center caps that some members have used on their wheels. It's a great conversation starter if nothing else. Not sure how they made them work. Porsche did build the car with MB so purists can't get too excited. On those Porsche center caps; I assume they had to modify something to get the back retention system to work as they all look different. Anyways any ideas out there for center caps are appreciated. My car is metallic silver. I have a 997 with painted crests that visually appear to be the same size so worst case I can remove one and "check it out".

I have heard diamond finish mentioned; can someone explain and what is involved? I have no clue what is means. The idea of taking a lath to my new wheels is daunting and who does that work? Is that the brushed with clear coat that came on the EVO2 car?
    The period caps would be the plain painted silver, not the more contemporary caps with the chrome star.

PM me if you need some of the older style caps....I have some take off caps in a drawer.

Jeff
    "Nice Things Cost Money" - Oskar Schindler

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to captruff For This Useful Post:

maw1124 (3 Weeks Ago), rinconmann (6 Days Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by rinconmann View Post
    The diamond finish is something that can only be achieved with a lathe. The process is simply an engraving the the surface of the wheel where it is a series of tightly grouped concentric circles.

i purchased an original set of diamond finish wheels and purchased a fifth as a spare which was painted. I sent all five of them to Wheel Collision Center (www.wheelcollision.com) in Bath, PA, for refinishing which meant for the 4 with a diamond finish they removed the original clear coated and applied a fresh coat of clear. For the spare, they removed the paint, diamond finished to the face, repainted the rest of the rim, and then clear-coated.

The results are amazing. See post #3 in this thread: https://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10433

Robert
    Last edited by Ntrepid; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:34 AM. Reason: Added link to thread

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ntrepid For This Useful Post:

gsxr (3 Weeks Ago), rinconmann (2 Weeks Ago)