Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPC Confirmed to be Phased Out with new replacement coming: XPPIS / ISPPI

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Re: EPC Confirmed to be Phased Out with new replacement coming: XPPIS / ISPPI

I received my login credentials for the new Pee-Pee parts system this morning. The credentials allowed me to log in and create a new password for the system.

I can definitively confirm the new system runs in a modern web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and DOES work on Macintosh systems.

It looks like the system will force password changes every 90 days, which is a PITA.

Other than that, everything looks good. It is more cumbersome initially when you log in to get to the information that you need, by selecting the specific chassis, model, systems. The old Java-based system was more expedient, in that regard.

I would say that it would be a good idea for those with standalone (eBay, DVD-based) EPC systems to maintain them, particularly if using Windows-based system. If using Mac or Linux, the new system (though cumbersome as it is) is probably the way to go to avoid Virtual Machine overhead.

One nice thing is that the VIN (data card) functionality is modestly expanded over the earlier EPC systems.

Anyway, I'm sure that many others received their credentials today, and impressions will be made subsequently on this thread.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Gerry, what is the current annual charge for this - $75?

Dan

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Yes, it is USD $75. I did renew my (traditional) EPC subscription at the beginning of November. It had expired at the end of August, and I declined to renew it until I knew for sure that I wouldn't lose my $75 in the translation to the Pee-Pee system. Once that assurance was made by Daimler AG, then I renewed.

The old subscription period (expiring November 2019) did carry over to the Pee-Pee subscription, confirmed.

Cheers,
    Gerry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

LWB250 (20 Hours Ago)

Hi folks: OK I'm signed in and I've input my VIN...looks like I'm good to go. Poked around a bit. Seems fine.

Regards,

Peter Weissman

6. The Following User Says Thank You to geraniumtr For This Useful Post:

gsxr (19 Hours Ago)

Just noticed a neat feature---a superceded part number shows up in green, very easy to spot.

Peter Weissman

8. The Following User Says Thank You to geraniumtr For This Useful Post:

gsxr (18 Hours Ago)

new system is pretty nice, for me anyway its not hard if you knew how it worked in the epc. I also like opening up a part that is NLA, and adding a not to it so if I pull it up I know it is NLA.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264