Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: C126: SLS Hoses

  1. #1
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    C126: SLS Hoses

    C126 owners,

    As part of my rear SLS refurb (struts & accumulators & reservoir filter & fluid flush) I also need to look at the hoses. My car has somewhere north of 100k miles and in a northern california environment which isn't too bad. Any practical words of wisdom on which hoses seem to need replacing first. Is it obvious from a visual inspection which ones are in need of changing? What to look for?

    Here is the EPC diagram for the rear SLS system agains my 1991 560SEC.

    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.29.45 AM.png
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  2. #2
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    C126: SLS Hoses

    The only rubber that gets any engine heat is the High Pressure hose coming off the pump, going around and under the block and connecting near the cross member on the passenger side. That is my suggestion to change from OE to OEM replacement. You need crush washer for that too. The picture is deception at its finest... When mine popped, it was a big POP and quite a mess all over the floor and my engine bay. Luckily I was in the garage when it happened.


    Edit to reflect proper pn

    Saved by klink 1269971482
    Last edited by nocfn; 07-30-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  3. #3
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    That has to be line 17 in the diagram, but that seems to go from pump to rear of car. 1263207772
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  4. #4
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    it is the only high pressure hose on the system. The picture looks nothing like the system. I can see if there is a PN on mine, but it is the pressure hose that connects to a hardline via a coupler.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to nocfn For This Useful Post:

    RicardoD (07-30-2018)

  6. #5
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,821

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    My high-pressure SLS hose gave way a couple years back. Luckily it was not catastrophic, but came close to running my system dry. Luckily there was enough fluid left to lubricate the radial piston pump, but only JUST.

    You should also replace your power steering hoses. One of mine was weeping slightly, causing my car to fail my incoming MD inspection. I ordered a new length and replaced it and the inspector was happy to pass it. I think a $5.00 repair. You can buy the lines bulk for the PS system.

    Cheers,
    Gerry

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    RicardoD (07-30-2018)

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    196

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoD View Post
    C126 owners,

    As part of my rear SLS refurb (struts & accumulators & reservoir filter & fluid flush) I also need to look at the hoses. My car has somewhere north of 100k miles and in a northern california environment which isn't too bad. Any practical words of wisdom on which hoses seem to need replacing first. Is it obvious from a visual inspection which ones are in need of changing? What to look for?

    Here is the EPC diagram for the rear SLS system agains my 1991 560SEC.

    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.29.45 AM.png
    My 1989 has 236,000 miles on it. The only hose I've had to change is the pressure line from the pump around the right side of the engine. And that one gave me plenty of notice that it was ready.

    So, I personally wouldn't change any lines that aren't obviously cracking or swelling. Of course, if the budget allows, it's great to get all new stuff in there.

  9. #7
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by nocfn View Post
    The only rubber that gets any engine heat is the High Pressure hose coming off the pump, going around and under the block and connecting near the cross member on the passenger side. That is my suggestion to change from OE to OEM replacement. You need crush washer for that too. The picture is deception at its finest... When mine popped, it was a big POP and quite a mess all over the floor and my engine bay. Luckily I was in the garage when it happened.


    Line - Mercedes-Benz (124-320-54-72-64) $96.20

    Was this on your E500 or on your 560SEC. Your part number is a 124 part number which much mean on your E500?
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to RicardoD For This Useful Post:

    nocfn (07-30-2018)

  11. #8
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoD View Post
    Was this on your E500 or on your 560SEC. Your part number is a 124 part number which much mean on your E500?
    Its off the epc for my 91 MA573658 C126.

    Edit correct part from
    Klink. 1269971482
    Last edited by nocfn; 07-30-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to nocfn For This Useful Post:

    RicardoD (07-30-2018)

  13. #9
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Thanks Louis, I can't find that part number, 124-320-54-72-64, anywhere in my car in EPC. I only show line 17, which is P/N 126 320 77 72, and not sure its the right line.

    my VIN is:
    WDBCA45EXMA580619
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  14. #10
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoD View Post
    Thanks Louis, I can't find that part number, 124-320-54-72-64, anywhere in my car in EPC. I only show line 17, which is P/N 126 320 77 72, and not sure its the right line.

    my VIN is:
    WDBCA45EXMA580619

    when I type 1263207772 into the MB website (many of them) it supersedes to give me the part 124-320-54-72-64. Not sure why it is doing it, perhaps you should contact Renee in the morning and see what she gets.

    EDIT the 126 PN shows NLA in the Classic Site, but the superseded part 124-320-54-72-64 (the 64 is the give away) show up with plenty available.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  15. #11
    postwhore posterchild Klink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Abstract Plains, USA
    Posts
    4,062

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by nocfn View Post
    when I type 1263207772 into the MB website (many of them) it supersedes to give me the part 124-320-54-72-64. Not sure why it is doing it, perhaps you should contact Renee in the morning and see what she gets.

    EDIT the 126 PN shows NLA in the Classic Site, but the superseded part 124-320-54-72-64 (the 64 is the give away) show up with plenty available.
    That's the metal line running to the level control valve. It is NOT the HP hose. If you look at that EPC picture closely, you will see that the hose has no callout number, hence it is not on that selection page. The HP hose is pictured with the HP pump in engine group #13, picture #105. It is 126 997 14 82.
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Klink For This Useful Post:

    nocfn (07-30-2018)

  17. #12
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Thank YOU KLINK! I was about to ask you to check me.... great minds....
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to nocfn For This Useful Post:

    Klink (07-31-2018)

  19. #13
    postwhore posterchild Klink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Abstract Plains, USA
    Posts
    4,062

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by nocfn View Post
    Thank YOU KLINK! I was about to ask you to check me.... great minds....
    Unfortunately, idiots think alike too, Louie...
    Putting the fun in dysfunction...

  20. #14
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    I read that on the bat thread
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to nocfn For This Useful Post:

    Klink (07-31-2018)

  22. #15
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Sneaky bastards. Per Klink its #29 in the diagram below. Engine Group 13, 105 Thanks Klink! $111 at mboemparts urgh

    126 997 14 82

    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 5.21.37 PM.png
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  23. #16
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,821

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    You should get an extra for your hoard, wonít be long before itís NLA.

  24. #17
    E500E Guru RicardoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    685

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    I will let my kids worry about the NLA parts after I'm dead. They can list it on BAT where you hooligans can explain how impossible it is to get parts if you are not with me in Mercedes heaven already.
    Last edited by RicardoD; 07-30-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    RicardoD
    1990 964 C4 / 1991 964 C2 tip
    1994 E500
    1991 560SEC
    2014 E350 for wife

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RicardoD For This Useful Post:

    luckymike (07-31-2018), LWB250 (07-31-2018), TerryA (07-31-2018)

  26. #18
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,821

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Iím bringing my entire stash of parts with me to the afterlife.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (07-31-2018), Trae (07-31-2018)

  28. #19
    E500E Guru Trae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    My afterlife may not be too far away if I keep buying parts and storing them IN the house.
    Trae
    1992 500E Renntech
    1993 500E
    1990 560SEC/ 2001 SL500
    1991 560SEC ECE/1995 E320 Cabriolet

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trae For This Useful Post:

    luckymike (07-31-2018)

  30. #20
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,821

    Re: C126: SLS Hoses

    Quote Originally Posted by Trae View Post
    My afterlife may not be too far away if I keep buying parts and storing them IN the house.
    Thatís what basements are for


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Braided Brake Hoses - does anyone use them?
    By e500.org in forum Brakes, Suspension and Steering
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 05:11 AM
  2. Vacuum hoses to no where?
    By RLJett in forum M119 Engine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-29-2018, 06:56 AM
  3. C126 fuel line hoses
    By vdubpower in forum C126 Coupes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-27-2018, 08:43 PM
  4. Air Intake Hoses
    By superstar in forum M119 Engine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 06:55 AM
  5. brake hoses
    By Rudy in forum Brakes, Suspension and Steering
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •