Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    93

    Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Folks,

    Looks like my 92 500E still has the original engine wiring harness, which as now basically disintegrated. Looking for a source that ships to Canada.

    Only one my mechanic could find was ECS tuning, and they are asking US$650 plus shipping. He managed to find some other options in the US$450 range, but do not ship to Canada.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    MBCC will ship internationally:

    Tom Hanson
    MB Classic Center

    MBUSA, LLC
    9 Whatney
    Irvine, CA 92618
    www.facebook.com/MBClassicCenter
    www.mbusa.com/classic

    Desk: 949-598-4842
    Fax: 949-598-4870
    Email: thomas.hanson@mbusa.com
    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    amerh (08-05-2018), nocfn (08-05-2018)

  4. #3
    E500E Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    The lower harness is ussually in similar shape- he should look for cracking insulation down at the oil pressure sensor and level sensor. The lower one you'll need to send yours in and get it rebuilt. Jono in Atlanta has been doing quite a few of them for ppl on the group.

  5. #4
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Didn't the 036 lower harness become available again recently? I think the 034 is still NLA though.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    107

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    check your PM

  7. #6
    Junior Member Wide Open Cowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    26

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Didn't the 036 lower harness become available again recently? I think the 034 is still NLA though.
    Just tried ordering one from Naperville. We'll see if it shows!

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    107

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    I have a lower one rebuilt for sale p.m. me if interested

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ertech For This Useful Post:

    Wide Open Cowbell (08-05-2018)

  10. #8
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,822

    Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Didn't the 036 lower harness become available again recently? I think the 034 is still NLA though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wide Open Cowbell View Post
    Just tried ordering one from Naperville. We'll see if it shows!
    As far as I know, both .036 upper harnesses are still available. Note that there are a couple of versions of the upper harness, and they are VIN dependent.

    Upper harness list price (124 542 95 26, for VINs up to 840526) is $615, discounted to ~$460. The other part number is 124 440 20 06, for cars with VIN ending in 840527 and later. That harness is $505 list; discounted to ~$380.

    Lower harness (124 540 27 30) list price is $382; discounted to ~$285 last when available. To my best knowledge it is no longer available (NLA) from MB.

    Here’s mine.




  11. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (08-06-2018)

  12. #9
    Senior Member Eno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Doha, Qatar
    Posts
    324

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    I ordered the upper and lower wiring harnesses on behalf of my friend for his 1992 500E Bornite on 01 Aug.
    Both harnesses arrived in about 2 weeks or if I am not mistaken 18 days from MB main GLC.
    The lower harness was produced on 06.07.2018.
    There was an “emergency batch” made by MB supplier, approx: 50-70 pieces.
    There is a new batch of the lower ones being made from what I have heard.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eno For This Useful Post:

    ace10 (08-05-2018), gsxr (08-05-2018), TerryA (08-06-2018)

  14. #10
    E500E Resto God
    Hierarki-Man
    lowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, NORWAY
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    lower harness is from 6th of july 2018-
    So it is definetly recent "made"...Awesome that it is again available
    If i remember i will check at my dealer also just for the fun of it.

    EDIT:I didnt see that you already had written som info about it..i have to put my glasses on
    1992 w124 500e "Blackbeauty"
    1989 w201 190e 2.5-16 Evo spec "Evoltwin"
    2003 Ford Focus Rs (Sold )

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowman For This Useful Post:

    Eno (08-06-2018), gsxr (08-05-2018), TerryA (08-06-2018)

  16. #11

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Gsxr is right, the lower harness was available recently. Somebody posted over the past month that they had become available in Germany, and I contacted my MB parts guy and 2 weeks later had a new harness in hand. Not sure if they sold out quickly or are still available. Mine harness is packaged just like Eno's.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB V8 For This Useful Post:

    Eno (08-06-2018), gsxr (08-05-2018), TerryA (08-06-2018)

  18. #12
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,822

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Interesting....MB's parts site is saying that the lower .036 harness is NLA.

    I'd recommend that folks get theirs ASAP before they do go permanent NLA.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (08-06-2018)

  20. #13
    Senior Member outrbnks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    307

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Interesting....MB's parts site is saying that the lower .036 harness is NLA.

    I'd recommend that folks get theirs ASAP before they do go permanent NLA.
    I ordered two from Naperville on July 7th, received an email on the 9th from Naperville saying the parts were coming from Germany and might be delayed.
    Delivered on July 13th, 8 days, not bad at all.

    Upon opening box yesterday morning, (delivered while away on vacation), I found only 1 harness.

    I called Naperville this morning and they confirmed the mistake, and reordered.

    I think he (Rob or Bob??), said there were still 70 left out of 170 in Germany when I called today.

    He also commented on demand, and that this could be the last batch for a while or ever.

    Anyway, Naperville charged $282.68 ea, plus $23.11 shipping...

    The date on the one harness I received is June 5, 2018

    I believe I only need 1 lower harness for my two 500E's, but ordered 2 just to be safe.

    If it ends up I only need 1 harness, the other will be resold..
    04 E500-359 * 00 SL500-040 * 99 SL500-366 * 94 E420-744 * 92 500E-481/498 * 92 500E-199 * 92 300CE-199

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to outrbnks For This Useful Post:

    gerryvz (08-06-2018)

  22. #14
    E500E Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    That's awesome news about the lower harness. Those small runs are very hard to fulfill for big companies. I'm ecstatic to see it that it just didn't go NLA.

  23. #15
    E500E Guru Dario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by outrbnks View Post
    I ordered two from Naperville on July 7th, received an email on the 9th from Naperville saying the parts were coming from Germany and might be delayed.
    Delivered on July 13th, 8 days, not bad at all.

    Upon opening box yesterday morning, (delivered while away on vacation), I found only 1 harness.

    I called Naperville this morning and they confirmed the mistake, and reordered.

    I think he (Rob or Bob??), said there were still 70 left out of 170 in Germany when I called today.

    He also commented on demand, and that this could be the last batch for a while or ever.

    Anyway, Naperville charged $282.68 ea, plus $23.11 shipping...

    The date on the one harness I received is June 5, 2018

    I believe I only need 1 lower harness for my two 500E's, but ordered 2 just to be safe.

    If it ends up I only need 1 harness, the other will be resold..
    how did u get it so cheap? I am quoted $455 from mb of naperville and $380 when I called MB of Westmont
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 500E
    1994 E320 cabriolet

  24. #16
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    how did u get it so cheap? I am quoted $455 from mb of naperville and $380 when I called MB of Westmont
    You got the right one for your vin break? Perhaps westmont hasnt updated prices...
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  25. #17
    E500E Guru Dario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by nocfn View Post
    You got the right one for your vin break? Perhaps westmont hasnt updated prices...
    I went to naperville mercedes site and using part number i got that price. I thought all 036 models have same harness?
    1993 500E
    1994 E320 cabriolet

  26. #18
    E500E Guru Dario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Outbrbnks said up in above post thate he paid $283 at mercedes of naperville which is why I asled how he got it so cheap
    1993 500E
    1994 E320 cabriolet

  27. #19
    E500E Guru nocfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Just posting questions for consideration.
    1994 E500
    249/275 - 8F19 or 8F32 or 8320

    1991 560 SEC
    199/268
    2014 E350 Cab 799/264

  28. #20
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    Outbrbnks said up in above post thate he paid $283 at mercedes of naperville which is why I asled how he got it so cheap
    $283 is for the LOWER harness, 124-540-27-30.
    https://www.mboemparts.com/oem-parts...ble-1245402730

    The upper harness is more expensive, $455 at Naperville for the early harness:
    https://www.mboemparts.com/oem-parts...ess-1245439526

    The thread discussed both upper and lower, but the title was only referencing the upper, which is why it got confusing.


  29. #21
    E500E Guru Dario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Shit i just paid $220 for rebuilt one here should have just got a new lower one instead
    1993 500E
    1994 E320 cabriolet

  30. #22
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    17,822

    Source for new engine wiring harness, part # 1245439526 that ships to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    As far as I know, both .036 upper harnesses are still available. Note that there are a couple of versions of the upper harness, and they are VIN dependent.

    Upper harness list price (124 542 95 26, for VINs up to 840526) is $615, discounted to ~$460. The other part number is 124 440 20 06, for cars with VIN ending in 840527 and later. That harness is $505 list; discounted to ~$380.

    Lower harness (124 540 27 30) list price is $382; discounted to ~$285 last when available. To my best knowledge it is no longer available (NLA) from MB.
    Re-referencing my earlier post on harness prices.

Similar Threads

  1. Engine (Upper) Wiring Harness
    By fastcar in forum Electrical, CAN and Wiring
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-25-2016, 01:38 AM
  2. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 08:41 PM
  3. Engine Wiring Harness Rebuild
    By MERCEDES26 in forum Electrical, CAN and Wiring
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 07:47 PM
  4. FS: Upper Engine Wiring Harness - $400
    By remotemark in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
  5. WTB: BAD upper engine wiring harness
    By 95silvia in forum Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •