Thread: MBCA Seattle Annual Regional Show and Shine 8/12

MBCA Seattle Annual Regional Show and Shine 8/12

Hello,

I know it's last minute, but I just wanted to put this out there for anyone wanting to attend. I know that Trip is going and I plan on driving up in the new coupe! Hoping to meet some members and see some great cars there. I'll try to take some pictures and post them here. This year the weather is going to work out.

Cheers!

Annual Regional Show & Shine

Sunday, August 12th, 10:00 AM – Mountlake Terrace
    By Debbie Ward

It’s that time of year again to join fellow Mercedes-Benz Clubmembers for our Annual Regional Show & Shine. Once again, this event will be held at the beautiful Nile Golf & Country Club, located just north of Seattle. Polish up your favorite Mercedes and sign up for the largest display of Mercedes-Benz owned by MBCA regional members, in the northwest. This event offers People’s Choice voting with awards and trophies, local dealer and vendor displays, door prizes and an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win donated gift items. The proceeds will benefit our charity of the year.

Location: TheNile Golf & Country Club, 6601 244thStreet SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA. Take exit 177 (State Route 104) off I-5. Travel west 3/10thof a mile and make a right into the club.

Buffet Lunch Reservation:Now is the time to reserve a Western “Roundup” BBQlunch by NW Signature Events & Catering. Lunch includes Smoked Tri-Tip, Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, Baked Mac & Cheese, Pineapple Corn Muffins with Honey Butter, Ranch Style Pasta Salad, Traditional Coleslaw, Watermelon Wedges, and Lemonade. Please reserve your lunch as only a small number of lunches will be available for purchase the day of the event. The cost for lunch is $20 per person which includes gratuities and taxes.

Car Registration Fees: $10 for registration of your first car & $5 for registration for each additional car you place in the show.

Due Date: Registration and payment for both the lunch and car registration, are due by Wednesday, August 8, 2018 so that we can have your registration packet ready and are able to provide the caterers with a lunch count.

Schedule of Events:

• 10 AM to 11:30 AM Benzes are Staged by Category
    • 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM People’s Choice Judging
    • 12 Noon to 1:00 PM Picnic Lunch
    • 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM Announcements, Door Prizes & Awards

Charity of the Year: Raffle tickets will be sold for a chance to win donated items to support our selected charity of the year, the Treehouse for Kids. Treehouse invests in the lives of young people who have faced the deep wounds from a crisis of parenting, by helping them to secure the essential education, basic material needs and social experiences they equally deserve. Their website is www.treehouseforkids.org for more information.

Contact:If you have questions, a raffle item to donate and/or are willing to volunteer to help the day of the event, please contact Debbie Ward at jazznlady@comcast.netor (253) 278-2314.

Local Hotels: Our out of town members may enjoy an overnight stay in a nearby hotel close to the Nile Golf & Country Club and shopping at the Alderwood Mall. The Embassy Suites Hotel Seattle North/Lynnwood, located at 20610 – 44thAve W in Lynnwood, offers complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, an evening manager’s reception with drinks and appetizers and two room suites starting at $227 per night. Contact them directly at (425)775-2500 for reservations. Another option is La Quinta Inn located at 4300 Alderwood Mall Boulevard in Lynnwood. They offer a continental breakfast with rates starting at $140 per night. Contact them directly at (425) 775-7447 for reservations. Both hotels are pet friendly.

Whether new or old, a garage queen or a fixer-upper, a concourse car or a daily driver, be sure to enter your Mercedes in the show. The Nile’s easy access location, grassy field and superb picnic facilities have helped make this event the club’s most well attended We look forward to meeting and greeting members from throughout the Northwest Region, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, British Columbia, Vancouver Island and Alberta! Non-MBCA members are also welcome to display their cars, although they will not be eligible for the People’s Choice Awards.
    See you there!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonie13 For This Useful Post:

a777fan (1 Week Ago)

Re: MBCA Seattle Annual Regional Show and Shine 8/12

Thanks for posting Jon! Hope to see lots of PNW peeps there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a777fan For This Useful Post:

jonie13 (1 Week Ago), TerryA (6 Days Ago)

If your not a MBCA member, they will not allow your vehicle into their "show". Hence forth, I won't be giving them the honor of having my vehicle on their field. At least now, past winners of any class or best of show will no longer be allowed to compete. It got old quite a few years ago seeing the same mediocre vehicles win only due to the fact they had more friends then you at the show. Another example of how not to run a car show.
    1993 500E
    http://2phast.com/500e/500e-sig.jpg

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

daantjie (1 Week Ago), gerryvz (1 Week Ago), gsxr (1 Week Ago), TerryA (6 Days Ago)

I will be there with something special this year. I could be wrong but I believe they let non-members show their cars but they are not eligible for awards. The registration form has a box to mark if your a member or non-member. Also the public is welcome to come see all the cars. Agree in the past it was a "clique" type situation as far as judging cars, have seen the same cars win multiple times. If I remember correctly "2phast" won more than once. I don't have any friends in the club but I do have a car that stands on its own merit so we will see what happens this year. Always a great event as far as I'm concerned. Usually some really nice raffle prizes as well. Mike
    1989 560 SEC - supercharged, lowered H&R and bilstiens, bergwerks fgs, AMG tri-Y's, Magnaflow custom exhaust, Euro headlights and more.
    1995 E420
    1980 Euro 280 SE
    1986 560 SEC - work in progress[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magicbigdaddy For This Useful Post:

jonie13 (6 Days Ago), TerryA (6 Days Ago)

Yea, the Jonomobile was pinged with negative points on anything that was not stock. Even the, non stock, wooden steering wheel garnered a point reduction.

MB rules are all related to stock. Still got third place in the two door coupe at Starfest.

If you decide to show, remember to make it as stock as possible to include the original first aid kit, original tools and original manuals.
    Trae
    1992 500E Renntech
    1993 500E
    1990 560SEC/ 2001 SL500
    1991 560SEC ECE/1995 E320 Cabriolet

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trae For This Useful Post:

gsxr (6 Days Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by magicbigdaddy View Post
    I will be there with something special this year. I could be wrong but I believe they let non-members show their cars but they are not eligible for awards. The registration form has a box to mark if your a member or non-member. Also the public is welcome to come see all the cars. Agree in the past it was a "clique" type situation as far as judging cars, have seen the same cars win multiple times. If I remember correctly "2phast" won more than once. I don't have any friends in the club but I do have a car that stands on its own merit so we will see what happens this year. Always a great event as far as I'm concerned. Usually some really nice raffle prizes as well. Mike
    That is correct, you can't compete for awards if your not a MBCA member. The issue is I have been competing for over 15 years and yes, I placed third ONCE in that time with my 500E.
    1993 500E

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

gsxr (6 Days Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Trae View Post
    Yea, the Jonomobile was pinged with negative points on anything that was not stock. Even the, non stock, wooden steering wheel garnered a point reduction.

MB rules are all related to stock. Still got third place in the two door coupe at Starfest.

If you decide to show, remember to make it as stock as possible to include the original first aid kit, original tools and original manuals.
    None of what you said applies at this show. This is a "peoples choice" award system, so get all your buddies who entered the show to vote for you, if you have the most votes you win. Some of the cars that win (usually every year) are comical. We are lucky though, as now if you have placed first in your category or won best of show in the past, you can't compete for awards with that car anymore. That is a welcomed change but it should of been done years ago.

What I see are people voting for people they know, not because a car is concurs quality or highly customized. The MBCA is a clique organization and getting smaller every year.

It wouldn't be difficult to put together some categories like they use in Hot Import Nights and get a panel of judges together to judge all the cars and yes, I have suggested something like this many, many times. It always falls on deaf ears.
    1993 500E

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2phast For This Useful Post:

gsxr (6 Days Ago), jonie13 (6 Days Ago), Trae (6 Days Ago)