Wow - condition - can the miles be correct??
VIN = WDBEA36EXNB730807
No Reserve: One-Owner 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E
This 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E shows just over 78k miles and was purchased new by the current owner. The car is one of 1,528 examples imported to the US between 1991 and 1994. Power is supplied by a 5.0-liter DOHC V8 mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission, and the car is said to remain stock apart from a radar detector and immobilizer. A stamped maintenance booklet and service records are included, and this 500E is now being offered for sale at no reserve by the current owner’s son with a clean Carfax report and a clean New Jersey title.
Assembled by Porsche, the 500E features fender flares, revised bodywork, and a lower ride height compared to other W124 models. According to the seller, this example retains its original finish, and no accidents are listed on the included Carfax report. A large dent is present on the rear driver-side corner, and rust is evident in the rockers, fender flares, and around the passenger door sill. Factory 16” slotted alloys wear a mismatched set of Pirelli and Michelin tires, two of which the seller states are old and require replacement. The rear windshield rubber molding is additionally said to be aged and the power antenna does not work.
Powered and heated seats are trimmed in black leather, and wear is noted on the driver side. A radar detector and immobilizer were added, though the factory Becker Grand Prix stereo is retained. The car is equipped with a rear sunshade, which occasionally gets stuck when retracting. Cracks are noted in the burlwood trim, and the headliner is sagging. Just over 78k miles are shown on the odometer. The CD changer, air conditioning, and driver-side rear window are not functional, and the passenger-side rear window cannot be controlled from the center console switch.
The 5.0L DOHC V8 produced 322 horsepower and 354 lb-ft of torque when new and is linked to a 4-speed automatic transmission. A diagnostic connector was replaced in June, and the seller notes a squeaking from the suspension. Additional maintenance has included:
- August 2014 @ 77k miles – Oil and filter, air filter, repair power steering leak, two new tires, new battery
- January 2008 @ 70k miles – Oil and filter
- August 2006 @ 67k miles – Coolant sensor
- July 2006 @ 67k miles – Distributor caps and rotors
- September 2005 @ 66k miles – Service A/C, tires, oil and filter
- January 2004 @ 65k miles – Battery
- June 2003 @ 65k miles – Oil and filter
- August 2001 @ 61k miles – Oil and filter, transmission fluid and filter, spark plugs
- July 2001 @ 59k miles – Rotors and pads, V-belt
- May 2001 – Drain tank, fuel filter
- June 2000 @ 53k miles – 60k-mile service, alignment, new distributor