Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

  1. #1
    Senior Member redred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    298

    FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    ADMIN UPDATE: For sale again Sept-2018, thread title updated with new location / price. See post #27 for details.

    No Affiliation

    VIN: WDBEA36E0PB917587

    http://www.cincybenz.com/used-Cincin...EA36E0PB917587

    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=341461818

    No real description listed, but seems to be in clean shape. Quite a high asking price though.

    Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati
    8727 Montgomery Rd
    Cincinnati, OH 45236
    877-900-3770
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Stacey

    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

  2. #2
    Senior Member kwontumspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    248

    Re: FS: 1993 500E Silver/Black 65k, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Where did you see this? My browser isn't showing any link/url.
    Nonetheless, it looks like it's at a MB stealership so that has to be a postive.

    This is my dream car. Pre-facelifted silver on black. Exactly what I'm holding onto the other set of 2PC SL Wheels for. Just not financially ready until later this year.

  3. #3
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E Silver/Black 65k, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    AutoCheck report attached. URL added to original post. Price is insane.

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  4. #4
    Senior Member kwontumspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    248

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    ...and will never be insane enough to pay this much for the car.

    Links show up now - possibly a firefox glitch.

  5. #5

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    granted the price seems high to the current ones on the market but the low miles means alot. these cars are considered collectable and i just insured the one i bought. Hagerty insures all of our cars and market replacement value on a 500E according to them is 16k to 45k
    that is good news then for the values.

    I wish i could find a bone stock original less than 60k mile car for a decent price i would buy it in a heartbeat.

  6. #6
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    It is hard to locate 500E's with under 60kmi, and if you're picky about color combos, it will be even harder.

    This looks like maybe a $20k car if it has NO issues, but not $30k. Low miles often means the ETA, engine harness, starter harness, suspension rubber, etc has not yet been replaced (translation: a very nice, very pretty, very collectible money pit that you are afraid to drive lest the odometer reading increase.)

    Shoot, even Hatch hasn't been able to get $24k for their silver 1993 500E with 58kmi... IMO, that says a lot!! $45k is dreamland. I can't remember seeing any .036 sell for over $30k in the USA in the past 6-8 years. Maybe Gerry can check his records to find the last confirmed sale above that point.


  7. #7
    Senior Member ClassicCarsAllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    180

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quite high price aside...sure is pretty!

  8. #8
    ~BANNED~
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Plus with the car in the mid-west, it would require a very good inspection to begin with.

  9. #9
    Senior Member kwontumspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    248

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by szvook View Post
    Plus with the car in the mid-west, it would require a very good inspection to begin with.
    Although Cincinnati is technically the midwest, this region of the country doesn't get much of any of the conditions that the heart of the midwest is infamous for. (I spent some time at Xavier for a fellow). When it snows, the city goes into shock much like Atlanta does. Shoot, Cincinnati's International Airport is technically across the river in Kentucky. The autocheck posted shows it spent its latter half life in Lexington and I'm guessing it ended up in Cincinnati because Lexington doesn't have a Mercedes dealer (it has one of those hybrid all-in-one german dealer partnerships). I would highly doubt you would find any corrosion on this originally FL car.

  10. #10
    Senior Member redred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    298

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Sorry! Forgot the original link, although it looks as though Dave has found it. I actually saw this one on Autotrader:

    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0
    ~Stacey

    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth

  11. #11
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Ah, that's where the photos came from! Thanks, Stacey. I added the AutoTrader URL and additional pics to the first post.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    I spoke to the dealer about it. 2 owner car and service records back to 2002. No record or replacing the harness, ETA, suspension bits, nothing. So, like Dave says, a nice looking car that will probably need some $$$ thrown at it.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    22

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    This may be the one that I've been looking for. My second choice in color and in the mileage range I want. I'm just trying to figure out what a reasonable price should be.
    '94 E320
    '95 993 C2
    '13 Panamera GTS
    '9x 500E (someday when I find one!)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by flafeer View Post
    This may be the one that I've been looking for. My second choice in color and in the mileage range I want. I'm just trying to figure out what a reasonable price should be.
    When i spoke to the dealer, 26k was the number. Again, with the harness, ETA and suspension items (among other things) not being documented in the maintenance, youre looking at 30k investment once those are done. IMO, a little too high.

    At 26k, i would wait for your first color choice. These low mileage cars are still out there, just need to wait for it. BTW, what is your first color choice?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soddy Daisy, TN
    Posts
    104

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Nah, $10k to bring this up to speed with the known nits and no suspension bits addressed . . . unless you can DIY some of it. $20k would be a reasonable spot. Drive it first.

  16. #16
    E500E Guru sheward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cumming, Georgia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    I believe most of the worries about documented low milage cars discussed here are unwarranted. My 54,000 mile car needs nothing but regular oil and filter changes. The suspension and all rubber bushings are fine, even after 15000 miles on the stiffer H&R springs. Car has no leaks, wire harnesses are fine. The car looks, rides, and smells like new. Will it need an eta some time in the future? Yes. These can be had for 8-1200 dollars. It will also need wiring harnesses in the future. Another thousand. It most likely won't need a transmission, timing chain/rails,ps pump or re seal, any driveline parts, glass, upholstery,steering wheel,paint work, or any of the other things many owners here are correcting due to previous owners and/or abuse. Every part on it is MB, no aftermarket stuff to wonder about.
    Every car has needs coming up if it is being used. And everyone buys a car for different reasons. My experience with multiple low milage garage queens is that as long as they get driven regularly they do not "degrade" from lack of milage. I put a healthy premium on documented low milage cars. We won't know when the remaining ones are rarely being traded until after it happens. I would (and did) spend upwards of $25,000 to get a nice one.

    drew
    Last edited by sheward; 03-08-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Drew
    92 500e 58,500 miles
    92 500e 180,000+ miles
    93 500e 179,000 miles sold
    92 500e 110,000 miles sold

  17. #17
    Senior Member rol607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Avon Lake, OH
    Posts
    208

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
    Nah, $10k to bring this up to speed with the known nits and no suspension bits addressed . . . unless you can DIY some of it. $20k would be a reasonable spot. Drive it first.
    Ed should know.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sheward View Post
    I believe most of the worries about documented low milage cars discussed here are unwarranted. My 54,000 mile car needs nothing but regular oil and filter changes. The suspension and all rubber bushings are fine, even after 15000 miles on the stiffer H&R springs. Car has no leaks, wire harnesses are fine. The car looks, rides, and smells like new. Will it need an eta some time in the future? Yes. These can be had for 8-1200 dollars. It will also need wiring harnesses in the future. Another thousand. It most likely won't need a transmission, timing chain/rails,ps pump or re seal, any driveline parts, glass, upholstery,steering wheel,paint work, or any of the other things many owners here are correcting due to previous owners and/or abuse. Every part on it is MB, no aftermarket stuff to wonder about.
    Every car has needs coming up if it is being used. And everyone buys a car for different reasons. My experience with multiple low milage garage queens is that as long as they get driven regularly they do not "degrade" from lack of milage. I put a healthy premium on documented low milage cars. We won't know when the remaining ones are rarely being traded until after it happens. I would (and did) spend upwards of $25,000 to get a nice one.

    drew
    My experience has been the same. I just rolled over 56k and it has been trouble free since I got it in 2006.

  19. #19
    I'm "special"! Jelmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Huizen, The Netherlands
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    I'm glad you both had good experiences, the wiring however degrades over time. The heat of the engine might accelerate the deterioration.

    Maybe it's better to re-phrase: Don't buy a low-mileage car, and EXPECT it to be fine for the coming years. A low mileage is NOT a guarantee for a few years of cost-free driving. You can get lucky, you can end up buying all these parts within a year.
    "But if you really must have the Porsche — if you really must have a Porsche sedan — you can buy a 500E and have enough left over for something air-cooled"

  20. #20
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jelmer View Post
    Maybe it's better to re-phrase: Don't buy a low-mileage car, and EXPECT it to be fine for the coming years. A low mileage is NOT a guarantee for a few years of cost-free driving. You can get lucky, you can end up buying all these parts within a year.
    Exactly. Well said, Jelmer.


  21. #21
    E500E Guru sheward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cumming, Georgia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2pdx View Post
    My experience has been the same. I just rolled over 56k and it has been trouble free since I got it in 2006.
    Glad to hear it! 6 years of ownership with no expenses except scheduled maintainence. I bought mine at the end of 2005 with 37,000 on the clock.

    drew
    Drew
    92 500e 58,500 miles
    92 500e 180,000+ miles
    93 500e 179,000 miles sold
    92 500e 110,000 miles sold

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    22

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by oaklandw124 View Post
    At 26k, i would wait for your first color choice. These low mileage cars are still out there, just need to wait for it. BTW, what is your first color choice?
    Thanks for the advice. White would actually be my first choice. Saw 8899's car at a GTG last year locally and loved it. That's how I ended up on this board.

    The price on this one does seem a little high. I'm in no particular hurry, so I can wait. The 500e is a car on my grail list, though. I really want one, whenever the right one finally shows up.
    Last edited by flafeer; 03-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    '94 E320
    '95 993 C2
    '13 Panamera GTS
    '9x 500E (someday when I find one!)

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Quote Originally Posted by flafeer View Post
    Thanks for the advice. White would actually be my first choice. Saw 8899's car at a GTG last year locally and loved it. That's how I ended up on this board.

    The price on this one does seem a little high. I'm in no particular hurry, so I can wait. The 500e is a car on my grail list, though. I really want one, whenever the right one finally shows up.
    White is a great color. Not too many around, so would be very unique. Good luck with your search!

  24. #24
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    Per this post, the car has been sold.


  25. #25
    Senior Member tanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manhattan Beach
    Posts
    310

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    wow that thread got nasty...
    2011 911 GTS Cab - White / Black - "ANKA"
    1996 993tt - Arena Red / Cashmere - "LOLA"
    GONE: 1994 MB E500, 2008 Audi RS4, 2001 BMW M5 Dinan S3, 1999 BMW M3, 1997 BMW M3

  26. #26
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 65kmi, $29,900 (Cincinnati, OH)

    I'd love to know what it sold for. With an asking price nearly $30k, I'm guessing it probably went north of $20k... question is "how much"?


  27. #27

  28. #28
    E500E Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rural NoVA
    Posts
    610

    Re: Massachsetts cars

    Ooooh, I was hoping the day would come when I could use this one....






    woot! woot! woot!
    2014 MB E63S, 2008 Tundra, 2006 Lotus Exige S, 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser, 1996 Ford Bronco, and some other interesting and not so interesting vehicles.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ace10 For This Useful Post:

    gerryvz (09-16-2018), Jlaa (09-15-2018)

  30. #29
    Senior Member outrbnks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    307

    Re: Massachsetts cars

    Typically, the Vin and Google answers your question, give'r a shot...
    04 E500-359 * 00 SL500-040 * 99 SL500-366 * 94 E420-744 * 92 500E-481/498 * 92 500E-199 * 92 300CE-199

  31. #30
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    Merged threads on same car. Details below:

    https://copleymotorcars.com/?showroo...edes-benz-500e

    1993 Mercedes Benz 500E Sport sedan
    Exterior Color: 744 Brilliant Silver
    Interior Color: black
    Mileage: 71,250
    Price: $49,800.00

    1993 Mercedes Benz W124 chassis 500E Sport sedan, S/N WDBEA36E0PB917587, 744 Brilliant Silver with black, 5.0 litre normally aspirated 322hp V8 engine, 4 speed automatic transmission, hand built in collaboration with Porsche to yield a stiffer chassis, bigger brakes, wider fenders and more power, factory 4 place seating with sport seats, factory sunroof, heated front seats, ASR traction control, completely stock and unmodified, delivered new via Friendly Motors Mercedes Benz of Holly Hill, Florida, extensive history and service file, original owner’s manuals and spare keys, one of just 498 USA 500E for 1993.



    Luxury and Sports Car Boutique
    37 Chestnut Street
    Needham, Massachusetts 02492
    Telephone. 781.444.4646
    Facsimile. 781.444.4406

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    Jlaa (09-15-2018), Shorty (09-15-2018)

  33. #31
    E500E Guru Jlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    989

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    Man that's so nice looking. I see some really interesting stuff in the background too! Toyota FJ40, Landrovers, Porsche 993s, some really expensive looking grey Ferrari in the showroom, and whatever that blue car is. That blue car just says to me, "You have to be the type that listens to Diana Krall at 7 in the morning and drink champagne to own me...."

    ---
    1993 MB 500E
    1996 Porsche 993 C2

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jlaa For This Useful Post:

    a777fan (09-15-2018)

  35. #32
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,518

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    It's funny to read the comments from 2013 about the car being way overpriced at $30k (with lower miles). My, how a few years can change things!

    Looks nice up top, but as with any nor'easter, undercarriage photos are required. Price seems low for a Copley car, which makes me wonder what the catch is.


  36. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    Stevester 500E (09-15-2018)

  37. #33
    E500E Guru Jlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    989

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    It's funny to read the comments from 2013 about the car being way overpriced at $30k (with lower miles). My, how a few years can change things!
    I know right? Maybe kwontum speed should buy it!
    Irony --- Haggerty now says Concours condition cars are worth pretty much the same price as these car listed (MSRP) for when new.
    Of course this ignores the effects of inflation...

    aaa.png
    ---
    1993 MB 500E
    1996 Porsche 993 C2

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Jlaa For This Useful Post:

    gsxr (09-15-2018)

  39. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    54

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlaa View Post
    Man that's so nice looking. I see some really interesting stuff in the background too! Toyota FJ40, Landrovers, Porsche 993s, some really expensive looking grey Ferrari in the showroom, and whatever that blue car is. That blue car just says to me, "You have to be the type that listens to Diana Krall at 7 in the morning and drink champagne to own me...."

    Just called Copley. I was wondering what the blue one was also. That Blue one is a 1952 Ferrari 212 Cabriolet. You only need $2.5M to separate them from that car

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to msq For This Useful Post:

    Jlaa (09-15-2018)

  41. #35
    E500E Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rural NoVA
    Posts
    610

    Re: FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 71kmi, $50k (Needham, MA)

    Copley has no shame when it comes to Asking prices.
    2014 MB E63S, 2008 Tundra, 2006 Lotus Exige S, 1989 FJ62 Land Cruiser, 1996 Ford Bronco, and some other interesting and not so interesting vehicles.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to ace10 For This Useful Post:

    gerryvz (09-16-2018)

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 1992 500E, Black/Gray, 168kmi, $12k (Kankakee, IL)
    By gsxr in forum Cars for Sale - 500E / E500 ONLY
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 09:20 AM
  2. FS: 1993 500E AMG 6.0L, Silver/Black, 68.000 km, 15,400 €
    By Sanchez in forum Cars for Sale - 500E / E500 ONLY
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. FS: 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 96kmi, $18k (Orlando, FL)
    By 8899 in forum Cars for Sale - 500E / E500 ONLY
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
  4. FS: 1993 500E, Smoke Silver / Cream-Beige, 125kmi, $14,950 (Cincinnati, OH)
    By wonetwofour in forum Cars for Sale - 500E / E500 ONLY
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
  5. 1993 500E, Silver/Black, 240+kmi, $14k, Columbus, OH
    By RicardoD in forum Cars for Sale - 500E / E500 ONLY
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 01:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •