VIN = WDBEA36E7PB885978
I joined the 500EBoard 4 years ago and bought this car (https://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6261) which was in Wahoo, Nebraska. i purchased it from the original owner who is the CEO of an envelope company and used it to commute back and forth to work 4 miles each way. Over the past 4 years I have put approximately 4K miles on it.
There are no stories about this car as it has been a trouble free example for me and an absolute blast to drive. I have performed most of the maintenance myself along with help from others on the Board (8899, Melville). A couple of things I have noted when seeing comments on the Board about other cars is mine has no waviness in the lower cladding nor delamination of the rear window.
As you may have seen on a previous thread I started, I purchased 5 Michelin Premier tires from Jeff0093. They were just installed on Saturday (9/15/18) and have 5 miles on them (except for the spare) as it was driven home from the installer.
Why am I selling it?
It is not a fire sale but rather I have my eye on another 500E in Anthracite Gray which I have been in contact with the original owner for over 18 months. While there may be a gap my 500E ownership, I feel it is better for this one to find a new home first versus finding a buyer later.
Things I have done to the car (in chronological order):
- Replaced sagging headliner and sunroof panel (Pollet Automotive - Falls Church, VA)
- New Bosch factory spark plugs (sourced from GVZ)
- New Mann air filters
- Replaced aluminum fuses with brass
- Replaced coolant overflow reservoir and sensor
- Installed front license plate delete panel
- Hood repainted due to deep (to the metal) scratch from PO's wife pulling in too far in their garage
- Grille was painted in 199 to match the body color (there is a small rock chip on it)
- New fogs installed
- Sourced and repainted side view mirror enclosures
- Corrected driver's side quarter panel paint
- Car was paint corrected and then given a Modesta ceramic sealant
- Entire front clip (hood, L/R fenders) have an edge-to-edge Suntek Clear Bra
- Replaced passenger and driver mirror boots (purchased from GVZ when he went to Germany)
- Sourced, powder coated (RenewedFinishes), and installed 600SL brake calipers (front and rear)
- Purchased new OEM rotors (4) and had them nickel plated to ensure no corrosion outside the braking surface
- Replaced trunk stops
- Upgraded door light switches (pull to break circuit and turn off dome light)
- Replaced incandescent bulbs with LED in:
- Instrument cluster illumination (bright white, red, blue, and amber accordingly based on original cluster light - i.e. high beams received a blue LED)
- Headlight knob and surround (bright white, orange)
- Sun visor mirrors (warm white)
- Center console (climate control, ashtray, fan control) (bright white)
- Upper center console (the reading lights and the flashing safety belts sign) (bright white)
- C-Pillars Readlng Lights (warm white)
- Puddle lights (warm white)
- Trunk light (warm white)
- Rear dome (warm white)
- Factory 8 hole rims were refinished (Wheel Collision Center, Bath, PA)
- Changed transmission filter, oil, and gasket with Red Line
- Replaced hood pad
- Replaced airbox tubes
- Serviced/replaced low pressure hose on tandem pump
- Installed new Michelin Premier tires (purchased from Jeff0093 on 9/10/18)
Things which are next on my list:
- Center armrest refurbishment (Stabilus strut and straps conveys with sale)
- Get wood refinished at Madeira (single small crack in shifter surround @ 7P position, refinish rear sliding door)
- Repaint under front lip of air dam
- Perform sunroof service
- Refinish steel door sills (used set conveys with sale)
- Ignition tumbler & key (conveys with sale)
- New passenger side rear window (conveys with sale)
- Front door pockets
This car is in great condition. I liken it to the C36 I sold on BaT (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...enz-c36-amg-4/). Everything I have done to the car is to make it OEM+. Whoever buys this car will be getting a very nice, well-sorted, example to drive and enjoy.
If you have any questions, please let me know.