Thread: Invasione Italiana

500E Terminus Illuminatus DerFuror's Avatar

Invasione Italiana

I was driving all night; my hands were dry on the wheel. I slowly, yet surely started believing my eyes were playing tricks on me. Each time I blinked I saw another one. Coming. Going. Next to me. At the red light. I'm not at Lake Como. I'm HERE. I must be asleep at the wheel again. I must be dreaming. Maybe I've already crashed & this is what Heaven (or HELL) is like?

WAKE UP!!

I was awake.

My Hinterlands were literally choked with Ferraris. More Ferraris than I've EVER seen before. Hundreds of Ferraris. On every street, highway & backroad. Carrying on & ripping it up at every hour of the day. Car carriers filling every parking lot. I couldn't walk a straight line without having to walk around a Ferrari.

Not that I didn't mind.

Unbeknownst to me, the Ferrari Club of America had inundated my neck of the woods with the largest contingent of participants ever. What a glorious sight for any "art of the car" buff.

The weather was stellar on the day I encountered their invasion. The Watkins Glen racetrack was somewhat recently repaved. They must have had a blast.

Attached Images Attached Images
    " Destination ???, It's the ride that takes you there! "
    1993 500E W124.036 040/271
    1965 220b W111.010 Heckflosse

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DerFuror For This Useful Post:

albdentist (3 Weeks Ago), Eno (3 Weeks Ago), gerryvz (3 Weeks Ago), gsxr (3 Weeks Ago), Jlaa (3 Weeks Ago), Klink (3 Weeks Ago), Stevester 500E (3 Weeks Ago), TerryA (3 Weeks Ago), wf758 (3 Weeks Ago)

Re: Invasione Italiana

If Legends Of the Autobahn pays tribute to the W124 chassis one day, it would be great to have a big turn out like this.