Cars you date and cars you marry... I've enjoyed my fling with my Black 1991 560SEC but its time to let someone else enjoy this black beauty. This has a salvage title / not-actual-mileage on the odometer but she is a beauty and a car meant to be enjoyed and driven like a true 80s Radwood classic. This is the last year this car was made. Turn-key ready special for you to enjoy.
VIN: WDBCA45EXMA580619 guesstimate is 145k miles. (91,800 showing on odometer now)
My owner's thread is here: https://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11435
Quick summary of my ownership details (full summary in owner's thread):
- salvage title due to hood damage and right quarter panel (only two panels without original Mercedes VIN sticker)
- first registration in Texas, then California (see attached CarFax)
- Purchased from Robert Fenton in Marin (who got it from a long time customer after his front end accident)
- Top end was rebuilt by Robert Fenton but I have no documentation on this, but Gerry helped point me in the direction of this car, having viewed it in person and vouched for Robert's work- new Michelin put on at purchase (about a year ago)
- alignment and tie rod R&R by Circle Star Motors
- completely detailed by yours truly with my fancy steamer and cart full of Griot's products (leatherique where necessary)
- obtained correct year owners manual and first aid kit
- paintless dent removal to take care of the few dings on door and trunk lid
- new headlight wipers and rubber blades
- new hood star (clear coated it prior to install)
- new headliner and rear seat repair
- new ignition lock tumbler + extra key (have the classic leather Mercedes key holder in Palomino)
- new rear accumulators and SLS shocks and hydraulic fluid flush per Gerry's DIY
- removed all window tint, fixed rear CHMSL gasket
- bought a Griot's garage G15 buffer and totally cleaned up the black paint
- Bluetooth connection added to factory Becker radio by Becker in NJ (engages when you insert a Cassette)
- Cocomats! Black with tan dots front and rear
- just installed the two hard rubber lift points that were missing from under the car.
- covercraft fitted car cover
- I've put on about 1500 miles on this car.
- Got the car Silver Star preservation class certified by MBCA at Legends of the Autobahn 2018
- have all receipts and owner's binder to document work during my time of ownership. See owner's thread for more details.
What is not working:
- rear passenger dome light bulb which should take me 5 min to repair once I figure out what bulb to get
- drivers side seat heater (that I will leave to the new owner)
Its one too many cars for me right now. My wife's favorite car to ride in because of the super comfortable big German Leather seats and the smooth ride. I will take more pictures soon. Here are some from the time of purchase.