Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

  1. #1
    E500E Guru e500.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    544

    WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Hey all

    Looking for the drivers side headlight cover for behind the headlight. Should have the clip for the [intake air sensor] plug which connects to it.

    This part attaches [behind] the headlight in the engine bay and connects to the airbox hoses.

    Should be in excellent condition no holes cut out etc.

    Many thanks.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to e500.org For This Useful Post:

    TerryA (10-05-2018)

  3. #2
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    18,322

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Hard to find ... I sold a few this past summer. Good luck !!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    e500.org (10-05-2018)

  5. #3
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    22,060

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Found one on a junkyard 400E recently, and of course, the rear airbox/headlight cover was mangled... and this was the first 034 I've seen in a local yard in years. We don't get many MB's here in Spudville.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    e500.org (10-05-2018)

  7. #4

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    e500.org,
    I have a set of those, will PM you in a minute.

  8. #5
    E500E Guru captruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by e500.org View Post
    Hey all

    Looking for the drivers side headlight cover for behind the headlight. Should have the clip for the [intake air sensor] plug which connects to it.

    This part attaches [behind] the headlight in the engine bay and connects to the airbox hoses.

    Should be in excellent condition no holes cut out etc.

    Many thanks.
    I have one available:









    This item does fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate Box....I prefer to ship within the USA if you happen to have a US address, otherwise I suppose I can ship to Dubai.

    Jeff
    "Nice Things Cost Money" - Oskar Schindler

  9. #6
    E500E Guru e500.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    544

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by captruff View Post
    I have one available:

    This item does fit into a USPS Large Flat Rate Box....I prefer to ship within the USA if you happen to have a US address, otherwise I suppose I can ship to Dubai.

    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff! Steve will check if his has the clip ready to accept the plug. If it doesn't then I will take your unit if still avaliable.

  10. #7

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    e500.org,
    I have one with the clip and sensor all intact.

    Regards,

    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by e500.org View Post
    Thanks Jeff! Steve will check if his has the clip ready to accept the plug. If it doesn't then I will take your unit if still avaliable.

  11. #8
    E500E Guru e500.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    544

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevester 500E View Post
    e500.org,
    I have one with the clip and sensor all intact.

    Regards,

    Steve
    I'll take it. PM on the way. Thank you!

  12. #9
    E500E Guru e500.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    544

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Steve. Please clear your mailbox. It's full. Thanks

  13. #10
    E500E Guru captruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    @e500.org please make room in your PM box

    Jeff
    "Nice Things Cost Money" - Oskar Schindler

  14. #11
    E500E Guru e500.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    544

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Thank you to Jeff for assisting with this part. Now sitting comfortably in my 500E engine bay

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e500.org For This Useful Post:

    captruff (11-02-2018), gsxr (11-02-2018), sheward (11-04-2018)

  16. #12
    Senior Member makemann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    385

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Is it possible to transfer the clip and sensor from my old part to the new (used) part? I can’t seem to see an easy way to remove it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Max

  17. #13
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    22,060

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by makemann View Post
    Is it possible to transfer the clip and sensor from my old part to the new (used) part? I can’t seem to see an easy way to remove it.
    Yes. The clip is spring-loaded and should slide out, releasing the sensor.


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    makemann (11-02-2018)

  19. #14
    Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.
    gerryvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    18,322

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Yes, the clip should slide off. Often it is rusted due to exposure to air, water and intake detritus. YMMV.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

    makemann (11-02-2018)

  21. #15
    Senior Member makemann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    385

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Yes. The clip is spring-loaded and should slide out, releasing the sensor.

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Yes, the clip should slide off. Often it is rusted due to exposure to air, water and intake detritus. YMMV.
    Thank you gentlemen. I'll try again tonight to transfer it.
    Max

  22. #16

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Yes, the clip should slide off. Often it is rusted due to exposure to air, water and intake detritus. YMMV.
    is it possible to buy just a clip?

  23. #17
    Senior Member IslandMon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    100

    Re: WTB: drivers side headlight rear airbox cover

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisro View Post
    is it possible to buy just a clip?

    I bought just the clip last year from the dealer IIRC
    Prior to that my sensor was just loose and hangin in there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 500E - 215k miles

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Mirror Cover Black Drivers Side 124 725 17 11
    By rinconmann in forum Wanted to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 11:30 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 03:48 PM
  4. WTB Drivers side headlight assembly
    By CB500E in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 01:26 PM
  5. 500e drivers side euro headlight 92-93
    By 2phast in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 11:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •