Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

  1. #1
    E500E Guru Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    724

    FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Hey guys I have a set of refinished 18” staggered AMG BBS Wheels I would sell them without tires. I am looking to get a set of 17” AMG O.Z staggered wheels if anyone is interested in a trade. Or may consider selling these.

    $3,500 shipped

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Benz; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,509

    Re: Testing Waters 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Mark, if I were you, I'd keep what you have. The 17" AMG 3-pc have too much risk involved, and you could end up having to buy 6-8 wheels to get 4 usable ones. Then pray your good ones never crack. I too wanted a set of those 17's but I've since let go of that fantasy. I'd love to have the 18's you're selling, but lack the $$$ and space to hoard them, lol!

    Dave M.
    1997 E420 (Bugeyes)
    1994 E420 (Blondie)
    1994 E500 (Q-ship)
    1992 500E (Mach 5)
    1987 300D (Sportline Stage 2)
    Click here for my website
    Click here for my YouTube channel

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    Benz (2 Weeks Ago), maw1124 (2 Weeks Ago), omegabenz (2 Weeks Ago), sheward (2 Weeks Ago)

  4. #3
    E500E Guru Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    724

    Re: Testing Waters 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Mark, if I were you, I'd keep what you have. The 17" AMG 3-pc have too much risk involved, and you could end up having to buy 6-8 wheels to get 4 usable ones. Then pray your good ones never crack. I too wanted a set of those 17's but I've since let go of that fantasy. I'd love to have the 18's you're selling, but lack the $$$ and space to hoard them, lol!
    True as long as they are not overtorqued they are ok. But like you said hard to come by lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    I am waiting for the 18" Oz replicas that a member here is planning on manufacturing.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevester 500E For This Useful Post:

    Benz (2 Weeks Ago)

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    196

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    A guy in Vancouver BC was selling an R129 with the wheels $15k, without $10K
    Can't find the add. Ask T500.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omegabenz For This Useful Post:

    Benz (2 Weeks Ago), gsxr (2 Weeks Ago)

  9. #6
    .036 Hoonigan™
    E500E Boffin
    gsxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID, USA
    Posts
    21,509

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    ...and for $5k, I think I'd rather have forged NEEZ or full custom HRE.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the 17" OZ but the price / risk ratio is really, really poor. I'd prefer the custom aftermarket replicas instead of the real thing, for a car that would actually get driven (especially driven fast).


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gsxr For This Useful Post:

    Glen (2 Weeks Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago)

  11. #7
    E500E Guru Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    724

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    ...and for $5k, I think I'd rather have forged NEEZ or full custom HRE.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the 17" OZ but the price / risk ratio is really, really poor. I'd prefer the custom aftermarket replicas instead of the real thing, for a car that would actually get driven (especially driven fast).
    Im looking at a set for 3000 but Im waiting on more info on them key area to look at us lug nut area where they get overtorqued.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

    gsxr (2 Weeks Ago)

  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    54

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    I am looking to get a set of 17” AMG O.Z staggered wheels if anyone is interested in a trade.
    Are you looking to go to 17" for performance and comfort (larger sidewall) or are you looking for 17" because those are what the AMG OZ 3 piece wheels size originally was, or do you just like the looks of the 17" AMG OZ 3 piece better?

  14. #9
    E500E Guru Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    724

    Re: FS Feeler / Testing Waters: 18” BBS AMG SL wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by msq View Post
    Are you looking to go to 17" for performance and comfort (larger sidewall) or are you looking for 17" because those are what the AMG OZ 3 piece wheels size originally was, or do you just like the looks of the 17" AMG OZ 3 piece better?
    I just like the general look of the AMG OZ better I think. It's tough both are nice I kind of dont like the idea that the wheels will be 17" as opposed to 18" but I want to try them out regardless because I have always wanted a set then maybe ill go back to th SL wheel.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Benz For This Useful Post:

    msq (1 Week Ago)

Similar Threads

  1. Testing Radiator Pressure
    By emerydc8 in forum Heating and Cooling
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 07:45 PM
  2. Bolt on performance exhaust for the 500e (testing waters)
    By 5thscaleracer in forum High-Performance Modifications
    Replies: 554
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
  3. Airbag testing
    By gsxr in forum Off-Topic Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 11:25 PM
  4. 500 E ECU difference pre and post 92 with DYNO testing
    By masakrer in forum High-Performance Modifications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
  5. HOT ROD Magazine article on dyno testing
    By gerryvz in forum High-Performance Modifications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •