Thread: FCP Euro Parts Shipment Failure

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

FCP Euro Parts Shipment Failure

On Wednesday of this week (well before noon Eastern Time) I ordered three M104 coil packs from FCP Euro. I paid $20 extra for 1-day (overnight) shipping for these coil packs.

Checking the tracking number, which used the USPS, on Thursday (the supposed delivery day), the USPS web site indicated that the package was supposed to be delivered by 8PM on Saturday (today) -- THREE FULL DAYS AFTER THE ORDER WAS PLACED despite me paying for one-day service.

To add insult to injury, the fulfillment warehouse was in Hanover, MD, which is literally 30-35 minutes up I-97 from my home town of Annapolis. So this should have been a no-brainer and a slam-dunk.

So the package arrives today, and I open the box. It only contained TWO M104 coils, despite me paying for three of them.

Not only do I get ripped off on shipping, but they don't even send me what I ordered, and what I pre-paid for.

Based on this very very simple transaction, I would not recommend using FCP Euro. I have never ever had a bad experience like this from AutohauZ, not to mention that every AutohauZ order contains a packing slip with check marks where a human being double-checked that the ordered item, in the ordered quantity, was actually in the box before it was sealed up and shipped. There was not even a packing slip in the FCP Euro box.

Meanwhile, I have to go somewhere else to separately purchase the third coil pack, because I simply refuse to have any further contact with FCP Euro.

Many of you have used them and been happy, and I have even ordered from them a couple of times in the past with no issues. However, this double-whammy problem has turned me off to them FOREVER.

Just wanted y'all to know. Caveat emptor.

Photos attached.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Screenshot 2018-11-10 08.07.58.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

ace10 (1 Week Ago), captruff (1 Week Ago), daantjie (1 Week Ago), LWB250 (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

Re: FCP Euro Parts Shipment Failure

Gerryvz,
    I'm incredibly sorry you had to go through this trouble, this is an embarrassing mistake and I promise you we are already working on making this right. You absolutely shouldn't have had to go through this but I promise we will make it right. Expect an email from us very shortly if you haven't already gotten one from. Thank you for your incredible patience, and again, I'm incredibly sorry for all the trouble. - Alex

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FCPEuro For This Useful Post:

sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Itís OK. Iíve already ordered the missing coil pack from another source, so Iím all set for this.

No remediation nor further contact with me is needed or desired.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerryvz For This Useful Post:

sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

Quote Originally Posted by gerryvz View Post
    Itís OK. Iíve already ordered the missing coil pack from another source, so Iím all set for this.

No remediation nor further contact with me is needed or desired.
    Those guys are typically very responsive Gerry. Some of the better ones to deal with imho.

Pretty good reputation on the diesel list also.

These things happen. For instance I recently ordered a 500e master cylinder, ate from autohausaz. I ordered it because I expected it would be reasonably quick to ship and they showed they had it. Unfortunately after several days and no shipping notification, I called to inquire where the part might be. I was told it was coming from a warehouse on the east coast and they couldnt say exactly when. The box showed up over a week later. When I order from Pelican, I generally receive parts the following day. I was frustrated enough at the lack of transparency and responsiveness that I told the guy not to expect any further orders from me. I have ordered stuff from them for 20 years, off and on.

The take home is that all of these places make mistakes. Its how they respond that separates the sheep from the goats, imho.

Did you call to sort it out with them at least?

87 300TD om606 compound turbo
    94 e420
    85 300tdt

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atg For This Useful Post:

gsxr (1 Week Ago), sheward (1 Week Ago), TerryA (1 Week Ago)

E500E Guru

I don't think fcp offers much over any other vendor. 2 out of 3 coils, is definitely a warehouse error. Could happen to any order.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to samiam44 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (1 Week Ago)

E500E Guru

Ive Beend disappointed on shipping times before. Many vendors.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to samiam44 For This Useful Post:

gsxr (1 Week Ago)

Site Honcho
    Klugscheisser
    Ich bekenne mich
    nicht schuldig.

Itís all good. Iíve moved on.